Comfortable camping

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I rarely use a tent. Maybe 5 times in 40 years. But sleeping has evolved with age. Started on ground in bag. Ten years ago got a Coleman cot. Big difference just being off ground. (didn't reslizei how much heat was being lost to the ground)
Last couple seasons I use a $19 twin air mattress filled to probably 90% on top of my cot. Best outdoor sleeping to date!
Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
entropy,

The only mattresses I’ve camped on were inflatable ones that we used in our ground tent, and now this Tepui memory foam. So have not experienced a high end camping mattress.

I’d say the fabric of this Tepui is similar to other high quality ground tents. This one is very quick to deploy or take down. It’s convenient to keep all the camping stuff in the trailer. We always enjoyed camping in our ground tent too; seems any camping is good!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
comphy = warm and good sleep. In Michigan it also means being able to get out of the mosquitoes and black flies. We have a 36ft Class A. That is just to much. We are never inside of it except to sleep or take a shower. Full Kitchen still do all the cooking outside. Has all the luxuries of home while not being at home. It will be for sale in the spring. We stepped back to a micro camper. It checks all the boxes for us. comfy bed. has heat and air conditioning, TV and radio, sink, microwave and fridge. Plus a big bat wing awning. We can tow that thing anywhere and camp No hot water or toilet, but we are good.

ZtLNaLpi1p0RIbn4jih_nnYbuCUt5HD2e_qy_NPbmhJqHRnkMegaVfk_YGzRdC8uVi_D-1bmKwLB4c-2H4=w1010-h757-no.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
"Camping".... That's like a hotel that doesn't have room service after 10:00pm right?
It does, if you are brave enough to wake her up.

I can and would just sleep on the ground. If I want her to go with me......Well this is what I got. Over the 30+ years of marriage, we have had, tents, pop ups, bumper pull campers, 5th wheel, and a class a motorhome. We are downsizing to the micro camper. We plan on living out of it when she retires. We are going to off road from Arizona to Alaska.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Yes I've got a couple cots I put in the ground tent. One thing I realized is you can slide down it if you are on uneven ground & are in a slippery bag, kind of funny if sleep-depriving. Biggest comfort reducer tho has been the cold. The Mr. Heaters do the trick but suck a lot of propane, and you have to watch the gas levels (I use an alarm in the tent)

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It does, if you are brave enough to wake her up.

I can and would just sleep on the ground. If I want her to go with me......Well this is what I got. Over the 30+ years of marriage, we have had, tents, pop ups, bumper pull campers, 5th wheel, and a class a motorhome. We are downsizing to the micro camper. We plan on living out of it when she retires. We are going to off road from Arizona to Alaska.
Best of luck to you both. Here's a song for you two if you've not heard it....
Wife and I have gone thought same procession of camping set ups over 30 years. She’s done and prefers the beach. She’s happy near/at the beach and that lifestyle. Me, in the RV and wheel’n most anywhere works. Sitting around a campfire, some of my old married buddies say I have a perfect marriage, haha. Thinking absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess. Whatever, as long as it works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Oh man. Now I wanna go camping :CWL:. Disappear from civilization for a few days.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Best of luck to you both. Here's a song for you two if you've not heard it....
Wife and I have gone thought same procession of camping set ups over 30 years. She’s done and prefers the beach. She’s happy near/at the beach and that lifestyle. Me, in the RV and wheel’n most anywhere works. Sitting around a campfire, some of my old married buddies say I have a perfect marriage, haha. Thinking absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess. Whatever, as long as it works.

Thank you for the song. It relates to us well. I am luckey in the wife department. She is very indepenadant. I always earned way more vacation time than she did and she did not care if I took off and traveled without her. I can and would let her know, hey going to ride my motorcycle around the country for a couple weeks, her typical response, cool, be safe and check in at night when you settle in. Yet, I still prefer she travels with me. She is very social and other friends travel and camp with us. Rarely are we alone. Our planned trip in retirement from AZ to AK already have two of my friends signed up and going. They each bought and modded new JLURs and bought campers.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
And a word of advice, Just go, there are hundreds of excuses why you can't go. It take under 10 minutes to load the Jeep and leave. Go camp.

spYsGyJpq9gsEiBNTjUOFezyc9JtEq_zj6EaVI6yAWFT7dTwOeOGR28dBajyEIknClsC5tEcUetyedjG3I=w1010-h757-no.jpg

SoMs_C0CnqUBU1Io6YttrI4E--18J2Xd3xOMC9V5gCtgud0EwNQAkxOoNbnydaqEGJHNyzwopISFKYf0UI=w1346-h757-no.jpg

rjTv9fJhMlZbcqciIF1cgCtelUGTM7jZNAEHW99LeCASV7bFUpMpf-wlSe5LkAHw6Kr5NOgfKjRJc3osVI=w1010-h757-no.jpg

Because where else are you going to get the relection of a winter camp fire on a Jeep?
FS8CuNa54Ca__ChKBdLcciXADj9gJQnNCVD0NygahRWpF8gTG9_MrrHLgncR_ZquAahxF8VKxdr1X6LfqS4=w568-h757-no.jpg

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
My comfortable camping setup (with my old JK). Don’t have a new pic with the JL yet...

AB16C96D3DAB42CDB14E.jpg

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
OP
OP
entropy

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
We just did a 4-day trip to Death Valley - had a great time wheeling and camping - we have a nice tent and we use a double height queen air mattress and we sleep really well. No issues with all that weight (and cost) of a RTT up high and no issues climbing down and up a ladder in the middle of the night...

Here's a link to the trip: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ladiators-exploration-trip.28088/#post-454282
That's how we look at it. Because I was considering an RTT but saw no point.
Sponsored