First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Like I said work got busy, headed up to Montana for some cold weather training as the parts started trickling in, oh and got some cool new rides in at work to start playing around with:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2448
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2449
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2450
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2451
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2452

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2778
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2830.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2749.JPG

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Those are some nicely built Toyotas...and that doesn't look like work at all!

-Steven

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Every step of this build has had some sort of zinger attached to it....including the parts that started showing up.

Here's two different dana spicer chromoly shafts that showed up, some of the splines were damaged....I ended up calling Northridge for replacements and discussed the packaging issues. They were being drop shipped straight from Dana Spicer. I was impressed with how great Northridge handled the returns and treated me throughout the process, I have nothing but positive things to say about them!
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2600.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2672

More parts:
Dynatrac HD Ball joints
Reid Knuckles
Adams F/R driveshafts with 1350s
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2608
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2876

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2914

Also picked up this paint pen at the dealer for all the holes I'll be drilling for the Nemesis rocker armor, and Artec inner fender liners:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2897

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Started mocking up the Artec trusses and didn't like how the locker harness routed with the truss in the way so drilled out a 1-1/2in hole for it to snake thru. Took care of the 1/8th pieces in the garage but had to lug all my shit around back to slave off the dryer 220 outlet to do the 3/16in and 1/4in stuff....so of course the wind showed up lol. The new house I'm living in doesn't have 220 in the garage which has become a real pain in the ass. I either lug my junk over to a friends house or around back haha. Anyway, got everything trussed up and started dropping the 4.88 gears in:

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2903
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2949

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2955

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2946
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2957

I forgot how to weld thin metal but it'll hold. Hit the cast steel parts and got up to temp with some MAPP gas before and after welding then continued to manage temps for another hour. I only heard one "ting" so good right?? ;)
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2958

Out with the 4.10s:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2908

With 7k on the odometer both sensors still checked out but I potted them anyway, big thank you to @chevymitchell for the step-by-step thread!
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2937

Installed the JL/JT Johnny Joint Housing Kit while I was at it, threw the Reid Knuckles on and stuffed RCVs in the front once I got the gears in:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2968

And thats how it sits right now, still have to regear the rear and then slide the axle back under the rig and it should be good to go....and paint the front with a brush most likely, it was too windy to do any of that outside so I ended up just installing it to make more room in the garage.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Love seeing a well thought out build come together.
Only one ping sounds like success to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Installed the rear Artec inner fender liners due to some rubbing from the 37s. Got em powder-coated black and changed out the hardware for black fasteners. Tried to keep as much stock fender liner as I could but made a mistake and trimmed down too much on the passenger side so I pinched the fender to the body with washers, we'll see if it holds! And those white plastic clips? They all disintegrated during removal so I ordered packs of 8 thru justforjeeps.com.
Part Number: 68526185AA
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2896

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2898

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2969

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Got everything buttoned up and been driving around enjoying the 4.88s for the past 2 weeks. Shift points feel stock again and I’ve been seeing 8th gear on a regular basis. Really like how the rear locker line routing turned out all tucked in and protected now.
Installed the Nemesis Aluminum Titan Tub armor which I got powder coated to match the factory paint and then installed the Nemesis Billy Rockers. I ended up notching the Artec Aluminum Belly Skid in 1 spot on the driver side but already knew this was needed during the install when I drove the Jeep up to the Nemesis shop and test fitted a set back in November. The Billy Rockers rely on 3/8 rivnuts to secure to the frame rails. I was off drilling a couple holes so plan to run two 1 inch welds on the front and mid support of the subframe in the near future.

Rear Locker routed thru truss:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build 390EE018-31B9-4442-9D92-3EC323FCA7AD

Nemesis Titan Tub Armor and Billy Rocker:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build FD5750D9-E895-41DB-A74F-44DC339D09F9
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build 32F46A9D-EDC9-4364-ACEA-9FCBD8F6B471

Artec Aluminum Belly Skid notched for Nemesis Billy Rocker on drivers side...I didn’t think there was enough material in that spot to counter sink the fastener for the Rocker but the more I look at it the more I think it might work. Doesn’t seem long to me before that bolt head snaps off:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build 68325162-D30D-4E8A-863F-9DBAA11B92AC

Took the Jeep to the nearest scale to find out curb weight and trail ready with tools, recovery gear, full tank of fuel, no occupants...forgot to weigh this thing before the build. Crazy to think I added 1,000lbs of mods to this thing:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build 1C021A7F-8DC4-44B4-BEED-0E1429C70476

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Just need a FJS, Full Jeep Shot, to see the whole Jeep after all this work. ;)

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
In between a few trips to Oklahoma to help one of my best friends clear out some of his land for future construction I managed to add a few upgrades to the steering and then hit some trails. Did a quickie in Moab before @SPR Pumpkin Rubi from Skinny Pedal Racing came out to Colorado. We ran Holy Cross and a few other trails together and was nice to wheel with another forum member and show him around while sharing build ideas and such.

Killing baby trees and building a tool shed for my friends heavy equipment in OK:

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3131.JPG

Solo quickie to Moab, ran Hells Revenge and a portion of Behind the Rocks before heading over to Goblin State Park to do some exploring:

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3040.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3060.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3046.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3063.JPG

Holy Cross with SPR:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3165.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3168_1.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2756.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2763.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_2791.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3177_1.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3183.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3186.JPG

We headed down to Buena Vista and also drove up Ironchest. This is a very beautiful area with lots of other trailhead options within close proximity to each other; Hancock Pass, Tincup Pass, Grizzly Lake, Mount Antero, Alpine Tunnel trail etc:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3188.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3203.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3201.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3198.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3206.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Went with the Doetsch Off-Road 2in aluminum tie rod and draglink kit. Ordered a Fox TS steering stabilizer and installed it during the tie rod install as well to get that thing up and out of the way. The stock draglink TRE didn't want to budge so when I have more time I'll pull the pitman arm and wack away at the stock TRE on the bench.
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3477.JPG

After crunching my stock exhaust tip in French Creek on Holy Cross Trail it gave me an excuse to clearance the rear more with the Borla Climber Touring for the 2.0. This came highly recommended by other forum members on here and I'm thrilled with the results....and yet another reminder for me to appreciate all the info that this forum provides. During the install I test fitted for clearance and ended up shaving a 1/4in or so off the crossmember that Artec provides with their JL full aluminum belly skidplate kit.
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3474.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3479.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Did a couple more solo trips in the JL. Headed up northwest of Denver and checked out Bunce School Road, Ironclads and the T33 plane crash, saw a couple moosie poohs on way back:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3227.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3231.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3233_1.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3238.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Solo trip thru Rimrocker Trail; from Montrose, CO to Moab, UT. Then doubled back and explored lots of side trails. Epic trip, lots of beautiful scenery, bears, cows, and literally no humans:
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3367.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3393.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3161_jpg.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3219.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3164.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3168.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3177.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3214.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3208.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3233.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3232.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3248.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3252.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3253.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3264.JPG

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Amazing build and journeys that you've done along the way, added to my watched list for sure!

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
Went with the Doetsch Off-Road 2in aluminum tie rod and draglink kit. Ordered a Fox TS steering stabilizer and installed it during the tie rod install as well to get that thing up and out of the way. The stock draglink TRE didn't want to budge so when I have more time I'll pull the pitman arm and wack away at the stock TRE on the bench.
Jeep Wrangler JL CO Ketchup Build IMG_3264.JPG

After crunching my stock exhaust tip in French Creek on Holy Cross Trail it gave me an excuse to clearance the rear more with the Borla Climber Touring for the 2.0. This came highly recommended by other forum members on here and I'm thrilled with the results....and yet another reminder for me to appreciate all the info that this forum provides. During the install I test fitted for clearance and ended up shaving a 1/4in or so off the crossmember that Artec provides with their JL full aluminum belly skidplate kit.
Heck ya! Thanks for the support, and the post about our steering! Build is lookin incredible