mushroomax

First Name
Max
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Like I said work got busy, headed up to Montana for some cold weather training as the parts started trickling in, oh and got some cool new rides in at work to start playing around with:
IMG_2448.jpeg
IMG_2449.jpeg
IMG_2450.jpeg
IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2778.jpeg
IMG_2830.JPG
IMG_2749.JPG

Advertisement

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Those are some nicely built Toyotas...and that doesn't look like work at all!

-Steven

OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Every step of this build has had some sort of zinger attached to it....including the parts that started showing up.

Here's two different dana spicer chromoly shafts that showed up, some of the splines were damaged....I ended up calling Northridge for replacements and discussed the packaging issues. They were being drop shipped straight from Dana Spicer. I was impressed with how great Northridge handled the returns and treated me throughout the process, I have nothing but positive things to say about them!
IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2672.jpeg

More parts:
Dynatrac HD Ball joints
Reid Knuckles
Adams F/R driveshafts with 1350s
IMG_2608.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg

IMG_2914.jpeg

Also picked up this paint pen at the dealer for all the holes I'll be drilling for the Nemesis rocker armor, and Artec inner fender liners:
IMG_2897.jpeg

OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Started mocking up the Artec trusses and didn't like how the locker harness routed with the truss in the way so drilled out a 1-1/2in hole for it to snake thru. Took care of the 1/8th pieces in the garage but had to lug all my shit around back to slave off the dryer 220 outlet to do the 3/16in and 1/4in stuff....so of course the wind showed up lol. The new house I'm living in doesn't have 220 in the garage which has become a real pain in the ass. I either lug my junk over to a friends house or around back haha. Anyway, got everything trussed up and started dropping the 4.88 gears in:

IMG_2903.jpeg
IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2955.jpeg

IMG_2946.jpeg
IMG_2957.jpeg

I forgot how to weld thin metal but it'll hold. Hit the cast steel parts and got up to temp with some MAPP gas before and after welding then continued to manage temps for another hour. I only heard one "ting" so good right?? ;)
IMG_2958.jpeg

Out with the 4.10s:
IMG_2908.jpeg

With 7k on the odometer both sensors still checked out but I potted them anyway, big thank you to @chevymitchell for the step-by-step thread!
IMG_2937.jpeg

Installed the JL/JT Johnny Joint Housing Kit while I was at it, threw the Reid Knuckles on and stuffed RCVs in the front once I got the gears in:
IMG_2968.jpeg

And thats how it sits right now, still have to regear the rear and then slide the axle back under the rig and it should be good to go....and paint the front with a brush most likely, it was too windy to do any of that outside so I ended up just installing it to make more room in the garage.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 2 Door Jeep JL Sport S
Occupation
CPA
Love seeing a well thought out build come together.
Only one ping sounds like success to me.

OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Installed the rear Artec inner fender liners due to some rubbing from the 37s. Got em powder-coated black and changed out the hardware for black fasteners. Tried to keep as much stock fender liner as I could but made a mistake and trimmed down too much on the passenger side so I pinched the fender to the body with washers, we'll see if it holds! And those white plastic clips? They all disintegrated during removal so I ordered packs of 8 thru justforjeeps.com.
Part Number: 68526185AA
IMG_2896.jpeg

IMG_2898.jpeg

IMG_2969.jpeg

OP
mushroomax

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Got everything buttoned up and been driving around enjoying the 4.88s for the past 2 weeks. Shift points feel stock again and I’ve been seeing 8th gear on a regular basis. Really like how the rear locker line routing turned out all tucked in and protected now.
Installed the Nemesis Aluminum Titan Tub armor which I got powder coated to match the factory paint and then installed the Nemesis Billy Rockers. I ended up notching the Artec Aluminum Belly Skid in 1 spot on the driver side but already knew this was needed during the install when I drove the Jeep up to the Nemesis shop and test fitted a set back in November. The Billy Rockers rely on 3/8 rivnuts to secure to the frame rails. I was off drilling a couple holes so plan to run two 1 inch welds on the front and mid support of the subframe in the near future.

Rear Locker routed thru truss:
390EE018-31B9-4442-9D92-3EC323FCA7AD.jpeg

Nemesis Titan Tub Armor and Billy Rocker:
FD5750D9-E895-41DB-A74F-44DC339D09F9.jpeg
32F46A9D-EDC9-4364-ACEA-9FCBD8F6B471.jpeg

Artec Aluminum Belly Skid notched for Nemesis Billy Rocker on drivers side...I didn’t think there was enough material in that spot to counter sink the fastener for the Rocker but the more I look at it the more I think it might work. Doesn’t seem long to me before that bolt head snaps off:
68325162-D30D-4E8A-863F-9DBAA11B92AC.jpeg

Took the Jeep to the nearest scale to find out curb weight and trail ready with tools, recovery gear, full tank of fuel, no occupants...forgot to weigh this thing before the build. Crazy to think I added 1,000lbs of mods to this thing:
1C021A7F-8DC4-44B4-BEED-0E1429C70476.jpeg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Just need a FJS, Full Jeep Shot, to see the whole Jeep after all this work. ;)

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement