Caster settings??

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Got the rear adjustable control arms (all four) on yesterday.

already had the adjustable lower front on.

I have been told I should be shooting for 6.5 on the front.

what should I be setting the rear at?

having her aligned today and want to tell them first, as they set my fronts to 5.8 last time.

2021 JLUR Mopar 2” lift (netted closer to 3.5”)

37x13.50r20 mud grapplers
Clayton overland rear four adjustable arms. rc front lower adjustable control arm and track bar.

rc adjustable rear trackbar and evo relocation bracket.
Thanks guys.

forgot to mention, I set the rear uppers to 17.75” and lowers to 20.25 (thanks again Roky)
Hope im not asking the same question.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got the rear adjustable control arms (all four) on yesterday.

already had the adjustable lower front on.

I have been told I should be shooting for 6.5 on the front.

what should I be setting the rear at?

having her aligned today and want to tell them first, as they set my fronts to 5.8 last time.

2021 JLUR Mopar 2” lift (netted closer to 3.5”)

37x13.50r20 mud grapplers
Clayton overland rear four adjustable arms. rc front lower adjustable control arm and track bar.

rc adjustable rear trackbar and evo relocation bracket.
Thanks guys.

forgot to mention, I set the rear uppers to 17.75” and lowers to 20.25 (thanks again Roky)
Hope im not asking the same question.
No worries, there’s not a caster setting for the rear. Just centering wheel in wheel well and setting pinion/ driveshaft angle. Try not to go more than 2 degrees down. But if you set rear arms to those measurements, you should be pretty close.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
No worries, there’s not a caster setting for the rear. Just centering wheel in wheel well and setting pinion/ driveshaft angle. Try not to go more than 2 degrees down. But if you set rear arms to those measurements, you should be pretty close.
copy that. She’s at the shop now. Having them double check everything I did when they align, as well is setting that front correctly. Thank you again. Will post some pics later.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
all I can say is WOW!!

each morning I drive to work, pull into the parking lot at an angle and the Jeep rocks/sways back and forth like crazy.
Picked her up from the shop and had to run back to the office for some final work. Pulled into the lot like a champ 🤘🤣🤣

then for the final test, we ventured to the grocery store on our way home…. She owned those speed bumps.

Okay, in all seriousness.. I can definitely feel a difference in the steering and stability. Thank you guys for the help and suggestions.

388455D4-9967-4FDD-8B5A-6A248E4FFAB1.jpeg

9601FD03-743F-4C84-862B-DCD1E5243EE1.jpeg
Sponsored