Cancelled upgrades

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Just to be clear, I am not interested in the Bronco, but the change in lineup as Jeep’s response. If suddenly I can get factory rims, 35”, fox shocks and a V8 for 10k more, that’s my budget right there, but with more content.

I want to benefit financially from Ford’s war with Jeep.
I've already spent a bunch of money on my jeep but there are a few things that would make me hold off on any future upgrades and consider a new Wrangler if I knew that they would be available from FCA.
For instance I wouldn't mind a 2 door with a Cummins Diesel; factory half doors without the stupid holes in them; no dead-spot in the steering (mine doesn't wander much at all so that's not a thing for me); a better than the current Alpine "upgraded" stereo that actually works wireless with Android auto and with better maps for off-road and with the ability to find gas stations near me instead of 46 miles away when there is one right around the corner and the sub-woofer mounted somewhere other than in the f'n cargo compartment in the rear floor; a modular hard top so that when I have the soft top on, I can store the hard top in a more space-efficient way;
Sponsored

OP
OP
xray

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I've already spent a bunch of money on my jeep but there are a few things that would make me hold off on any future upgrades and consider a new Wrangler if I knew that they would be available from FCA.
For instance I wouldn't mind a 2 door with a Cummins Diesel; factory half doors without the stupid holes in them; no dead-spot in the steering (mine doesn't wander much at all so that's not a thing for me); a better than the current Alpine "upgraded" stereo that actually works wireless with Android auto and with better maps for off-road and with the ability to find gas stations near me instead of 46 miles away when there is one right around the corner and the sub-woofer mounted somewhere other than in the f'n cargo compartment in the rear floor; a modular hard top so that when I have the soft top on, I can store the hard top in a more space-efficient way;
So I did a survey a few months ago. Jeep was asking about “branding” for the radio, so they are working on something, but my guess is 2022.
I just don’t want to get into the habit of upgrading my vehicle like a phone because next years model has 40% better options.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Go back and read some opinions on the FJ cruiser when Toyota brought it back. That was the end of the Jeep for sure they said . The great Toyota quality versus jeeps junk. Jeep is finished. Well after $10-$20,000 straight axle conversions, and no factory support the FJ is dead the wrangler is better than ever.

BigRed23

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Not me. I only upgraded tires and that’s it. I had decided not to mod my JL too much to avoid issues with the dealer while it’s under warranty.

I admit it’s fun to enjoy a stock Jeep!

4B5A75A7-C129-4E15-9EB7-CC1F2A2615C5.jpeg
So, what upgrare allowed and what not? Is going from hard top to soft is one of them?, is bumper and lights?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So, what upgrare allowed and what not? Is going from hard top to soft is one of them?, is bumper and lights?
It depends on the dealer. Some dealers are mod friendly and couldn't care less if you showed up with a 6-inch lift and 40-inch tires. Other dealers will refuse to touch your Jeep because there is a dead wasp in the back seat.

FCA doesn't like to get involved; so it really is up to each dealer, and the type of relationship you have with the Service Manager.
Sponsored