Sponsored

Camp Coffee Set Up

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I don't like percolators because they take a while and are messy to clean up. For car camping and backpacking i use the same thing, GSI 30floz java press. It is easy to clean and takes about 5min once you get the water hot enough. Plus tastes good. if you are not okay w/ some coffee bits in your coffee, pour thru a cheese cloth or filter to catch the couple loose bits.
Both my wife and I typically drink about 20oz each on a daily basis, so with this we don't get as much as normal, but we can always make a 2nd batch. I usually find I don't have the time to drink my normal amount of coffee when camping anyway.

79434_0_i_1.jpg
This is the answer. This is a great device that makes a great cup of coffee, fast. Just boil some water and you are good.
Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
I use single cup pour over filters with the same coffee I use at home. No need to carry any extra equipment or device to make coffee with them, just the same pot you use for cooking to heat the water.
Same here. I use one of the plastic Hario V60 filter baskets and filters. Pregrind my beans the night before heading out. Boil water, pour over into my camping mug, enjoy! Throw away the filter and grounds, a little rinse of the filter basket and done. I do have an Aeropress but even that is a little more messy and involved.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I make a quart of 1 to 3 strength(condensed) cold brewed about once a week. Fill a 16 oz mug with 4 oz of it and the rest with clean water, heat the 16 oz.'s for a great cup and no cleanup. The quart travels well and when camping for less than a week I don't need coffee ground or whole beans, filters or a place to dump the daily grind and filter. I Frenched press coffee for awhile until I read about the fine sludge being bad for the stomach.
BTW, Cold brewed is not cold coffee once hot. It's brewed without heating the coffee grounds. Let the grounds soak in cold water for 12/24 hours in the rig. Filter out the grounds and heat filtered liquid. Make it 1/1 or like I do, so 1 qt. makes a gallon.

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I was just looking at camp coffee grinders today! Trying to find something small and efficient but not follow the trend of what everybody else is using.

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I was just looking at camp coffee grinders today! Trying to find something small and efficient but not follow the trend of what everybody else is using.

You don't want to do what everyone else is doing? So, no drip, no french press, no pour over, instant, percolator, cold brew, etc.

Exactly what new style will you invent?

Covered in Dust

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Sponsored

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
This is my setup, taken this morning at our camp in Death Valley. Typically use Lavazza or other ground espresso.
C110468C-3FBD-4281-81FA-6959D1921527.jpeg

995A1BA5-FE7C-4DCB-BC89-811B218D2426.jpeg

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
You don't want to do what everyone else is doing? So, no drip, no french press, no pour over, instant, percolator, cold brew, etc.

Exactly what new style will you invent?
Eating beans straight out of the bag and drinking hot water, everything else is just what sissy's do! :devil:

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Can’t we just use the plug in the center console and have a civilized keurig?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Really the only reason to own a Jackery. I am not waiting fifteen minutes to boil water and then percolate it. I do carry one of these, just incase.

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp Coffee Set Up 1664369206203

We love coffee. We fresh grind our beans at camp prior to making coffee. This is our normal method. We typically make two pots. I use this coffee maker because it is more efficient than others. The craft keeps the coffee hot without a bottom heating element. It uses about 600 watts. The Jackery 1000 will make about 8 pots of coffee off a full charge.
Jeep Wrangler JL Camp Coffee Set Up 1664369313851

Jeep Wrangler JL Camp Coffee Set Up 1664369471580

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
Stainless steel French press. Worth the extra space, everyone loves it when I bring them a coffee in the morning.
Sponsored