iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It hasn’t been delivered yet, you’ll be the first to know what I find.
Great, I'm hoping I eat my words -- on the K&N site entry, the picture is of the JK style...but cross reference has the right MOPAR number, and the dimensions (under Specifications) look right if the two are put together. You'll have to say if it's just one or two
Sponsored

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Just go to autozone or Advance Auto Parts, they have fram or K&N in stock....

iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the KNN from quadratec

https://www.quadratec.com/p/kn/cabin-air-filter-3.6l-jeep-wrangler-jl-vf2064

It came and i installed it. They even have youtube video on it if you need it.
Ah hah so it will fit! If they are as good as K&N's engine filters, the restriction from a smaller cross sectional area due to those beefy edges (x2) will probably be offset by better flow through the filters themselves. Working a real replacement around that corner demands some ... encouragement ... and compliance ... Do you notice any change in air flow? Does it flow better than the OEM?

Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ah hah so it will fit! If they are as good as K&N's engine filters, the restriction from a smaller cross sectional area due to those beefy edges (x2) will probably be offset by better flow through the filters themselves. Working a real replacement around that corner demands some ... encouragement ... and compliance ... Do you notice any change in air flow? Does it flow better than the OEM?
There is no discernible difference between stock and this. The Ac works as it always has.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Thank you @iklln6 for doing the research on this! I just put in the CF10728 filter...a little contorting of the filter to get it in, but fits like a glove! 13 bones on amazon and a >5 minute install. Nice!

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody seems to know anything about the filter in the JL, but everyone has an answer. The end-result? Poor sods like this...

Great!!!

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
iklln6, that information is about as thorough a forum post as I have seen in awhile regarding a fairly inexpensive part so thanks...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe that after 2 years and what, maybe half a million JL's and JT's on the road, Fram does't have a specific part number for this cabin air filter. I'm not sure they have an air filter for the JL/JT 3.6 yet, either.

Sponsored

iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe that after 2 years and what, maybe half a million JL's and JT's on the road, Fram does't have a specific part number for this cabin air filter. I'm not sure they have an air filter for the JL/JT 3.6 yet, either.
CEO of FRAM drives a prius

wren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Here's the good stuff:
MEASURED Dimensions of factory cabin air filter (OEM PART# MOPAR 68301863AA) in my 2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited:
FILTER: 9-1/4" x 7-15/16" x 7/8"
FILTER SLOT: 9-3/8" x 8-1/16" x 15/16"
Awesome post and effort, thank you. It was killing me that I couldn't find this as a cheap aftermarket filter. As of today the Fram site is still listing the JK filter for the JL.

Using the vehicle list you posted I tried the Spearhead BE-728 from Amazon. Dimensionally it fits but the "pleats" in the filter run the opposite way from the factory filter. This matters since you have to accordion the filter to get it into the slot (if you've replaced this filter you know what I mean). I made it work, but it wasn't ideal. Next time I'll look for one with the pleats running the short way.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Awesome post and effort, thank you. It was killing me that I couldn't find this as a cheap aftermarket filter. As of today the Fram site is still listing the JK filter for the JL.

Using the vehicle list you posted I tried the Spearhead BE-728 from Amazon. Dimensionally it fits but the "pleats" in the filter run the opposite way from the factory filter. This matters since you have to accordion the filter to get it into the slot (if you've replaced this filter you know what I mean). I made it work, but it wasn't ideal. Next time I'll look for one with the pleats running the short way.
@wren

I have been using this aftermarket cabin air filter. Fit is excellent.. looks, fits, like the OEM filter.
This filter runs from $13 to $17. Watch Amazon, pricing and when it drops to $13, buy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBGFRWC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
What is the Fram parts number for cabin air filter rplacement
@NCIC105

Mopar Cabin Air Filter: Part# 68301863AA
PurolatorONE Cabin Air Filter: C21423
Premium Guard Cabin Filter: PC99454
STP Cabin air Filter: CAF1846P
FRAM Cabin air Filter CF10728