Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
haha....to be fair, I'm not a Ford fanboy, but we did get a 2016 Explorer for the the wifey and it currently has 84K on it and it still looks and drives like the day we drove it off the lot....Don't know if it is luck, but I'll take it....recently I got the Jeep bug tho and want to ditch it for a new JLU Rubi and would love it if the Jeep would hold up as well as the Explorer did....funny thing is I took her to the local Jeep dealer today to look at a couple JLU Rubi's and she gravitated towards the Gladiator's
....Now I'm starting to look into those now lol

Today I went on the Ford site and built a nicely equipped Base Sasquatch for $44.6K and if it wasn't for the long wait, I'd probably be getting one to tell you the truth.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.31.55 PM.png
It's not luck, explorer and edge are very reliable in their segment. I push mine hard with aftermarket tune and it still did not give a middle finger (14 Sport, 3.5 EcoBoost).
Sponsored

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
I’ll be trading the wife’s ‘17 Expedition for the 4 door when it comes out, and on second thought, maybe two years after release to get the version with the bugs worked out. As for a two door Bronco, I would have to get hands on before it traded in the JL.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
haha....to be fair, I'm not a Ford fanboy, but we did get a 2016 Explorer for the the wifey and it currently has 84K on it and it still looks and drives like the day we drove it off the lot....Don't know if it is luck, but I'll take it....recently I got the Jeep bug tho and want to ditch it for a new JLU Rubi and would love it if the Jeep would hold up as well as the Explorer did....funny thing is I took her to the local Jeep dealer today to look at a couple JLU Rubi's and she gravitated towards the Gladiator's
....Now I'm starting to look into those now lol

Today I went on the Ford site and built a nicely equipped Base Sasquatch for $44.6K and if it wasn't for the long wait, I'd probably be getting one to tell you the truth.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 12.31.55 PM.png
I'm really not a Ford hater. Only reason why I make these posts, is because of all the bronco die hards that flooded over from their own forum right after the reveal. Nothing but pointed comments that did nothing but tarnish this forum and the overall vibe around here.

Generally, as long as I get what I pay for, I don't care much about the name of the company that's getting my money.

My wife made a reservation for a 2 door Badlands, so hopefully Ford knocks it out of the park.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
This topic is why I am here. Just moved from Commiefornia to Arizona and after a few months here cancelled my reservation on my Badlands and bought a 21 Rubicon 4dr. I've never owned a 4x4 and a Jeep or old Bronco was always my dream truck growing up. I just got tired of waiting for the Bronco so I bought a Rubicon, pick it up in 2 days. Couldn't be happier. Just sad I waited till I am 55 to pull the trigger

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This topic is why I am here. Just moved from Commiefornia to Arizona and after a few months here cancelled my reservation on my Badlands and bought a 21 Rubicon 4dr. I've never owned a 4x4 and a Jeep or old Bronco was always my dream truck growing up. I just got tired of waiting for the Bronco so I bought a Rubicon, pick it up in 2 days. Couldn't be happier. Just sad I waited till I am 55 to pull the trigger
Better late than never! Welcome to the community and your new addiction! Hahaha! Oh, and congratulations on the recent location upgrade!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread rickflair

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I'm really not a Ford hater. Only reason why I make these posts, is because of all the bronco die hards that flooded over from their own forum right after the reveal. Nothing but pointed comments that did nothing but tarnish this forum and the overall vibe around here.

Generally, as long as I get what I pay for, I don't care much about the name of the company that's getting my money.

My wife made a reservation for a 2 door Badlands, so hopefully Ford knocks it out of the park.
Lucky! My wife is in the market for a car but thinks it's ugly. I do too on some of them, but the higher end ones look a tad better. I'm not real impressed with dial a trail technology of these new metro-sexual 4wd rigs, but I am interested in a 2.7 or 3.5 eco-boost. That has go to be fun!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, doesn't exactly strike me as being "class leading".
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread rickflair
Not sure what you're trying to say here. That video was just demonstrating the swaybar disconnect. the idea here being that you can use the disconnect, even when the suspension is under load.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you're trying to say here. That video was just demonstrating the swaybar disconnect. the idea here being that you can use the disconnect, even when the suspension is under load.
I think with the sasquatch package, literally the ONLY reason to get the Badlands is the pushbutton swaybar disconnect. Looking at the swaybar connections on the Bronco it seems like a manual disconnection would be much easier than what I do with my Jeep.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lucky! My wife is in the market for a car but thinks it's ugly. I do too on some of them, but the higher end ones look a tad better. I'm not real impressed with dial a trail technology of these new metro-sexual 4wd rigs, but I am interested in a 2.7 or 3.5 eco-boost. That has go to be fun!
Originally, my wife wanted a 2 door Punk'n Rubicon. I let her drive mine, back when I had my 2" lift and 35's. I had it completely dialed in and riding much better than stock, but her main complaints were directly related to the nature of a solid front axle. She also didn't like the longer throw of the brake pedal.

She's always had more sport oriented cars, like civics and her current awd Nissan Juke. Since she mostly wants to be able to go on the beach and some light to moderate trails, coupled to what she's used to driving, I suggested the Bronco. It's car based, not truck based like the Jeep, so it should be "easier" for her.

She really liked what she saw in the reveal movie, and not just it's exterior styling and what I explained about the drive train differences. She also liked how low the a-pillar grab handles were and the easier to use t-case control knob. Also, in my opinion she's the perfect candidate for set it and forget it 4wd.

I'm still smirking about your metro sexual comment! It also reminds me of a comment I made about it being designed for the pink handed. :CWL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread 200

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That it's not exactly a class leading amount of flex. And even on that small dirt mound, the tire still doesn't reach the ground after being disconnected, hence the bounce.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's car based, not truck based like the Jeep, so it should be "easier" for her.
Bronco Sport maybe... the Bronco itself is based on the Ranger frame.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
lol, I guess you were just referring to the controls?
Yeah, and the overall vibe of the vehicle. Even a lot of the more modern pickups feel like a car compared to their older counterparts, all in pursuit of being easy for anyone to drive without needing much driver engagement.

My 19 JLUR had real good steering right out of the gate, made much better by the full Steersmarts treatment. But I had to explain a couple things to my wife about why the steering isn't as crisp and surgical as regular vehicles. And also about why a brake pedal with a 1/4" throw doesn't belong on a utilitarian vehicle. She thought I was driving around with failing brakes. 😆

dhpt99

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Sahara Ecodiesel
I was always a Bronco fan (My full size bronco was my first car and had 2 EBs) and planned on getting one when they came out but the diesel engine, sky one touch top and solid axle sold me on the Jeep and not to mention I couldn't wait any longer for a Bronco.
Sponsored