Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
we rented a truck at Home Depot to bring some plywood home. Had hand crank windows. I immediately felt 16 again.

My face broke out, I looked in vain for a stashed Playboy and my parents started yelling at me to pick up my room.

I’ll take the luxury additions of the S package, thank you :like:
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Start offering a real engine. I'm in a TJ currently and was seriously considering the JL until I heard that the only way I could get the 3.5 V6 was as a "hybrid". Not something I would ever consider.

So I hope that the Hemi does make it to production - or better still, the straight-6 turbo I keep hearing rumors about. If not I'll be looking at the Bronco.
It seems “eTorque” is optional on most trim levels, not standard. The regular V6 is still standard on most models.

At least according to jeep.com in USA. Maybe eTorque is standard in other markets.

Last edited:

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Ford might offer something that will MARGINALLY surpass the Jeep JLUR.....or may not. I'd like to see a toe to toe demo of the two vehicles by an independent road test.

STILL......I will NEVER in my life drive my JLUR to the capability it may have. I will drive many 5 and 6 rated trails and have little time for extreme rock crawling. Thus the question of whom is best may be somewhat "mute" for me. I have all I need and want in an off-road vehicle......and I am quite satisfied with the Jeep's performance in that area. Anything more is just 'overkill" for my needs.....kinda like extreme rock crawling jeeps for that matter. Sure they are capable machines. I just don't need or want one.

Maybe I'm getting old (I am 73 + years) but most of us just dont need to outperform the other guy on every piece of terrain to enjoy our time outdoors.

While I can think of a number of ways Jeep could make an improved model.....I suppose I am quite happy with the performance and experience of owning my rig. No major issues to date...so maybe I can be disappointed in the time to come? Dunno.

Whatever floats your boat. At this point in time.......I like my JLUR. Convince me I'm wrong?

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
It’s a concept. Wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up being produced in some way.
the accessories are concepts. That’s. Bronco Outerbanks.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I mean the stuff I listed is literally just objectively better on the Bronco. And yes while the bronco is not out yet, from a big picture timescale 10 months is nothing. Automakers plan 5-10 years into the future.

And believe me, I get where you guys are coming from. I love jeeps too... hence why I drive one. But Jeep is going to be doing a LOT of changes to the lineup for 2022. Is the lack of a solid front axle option a deal break for some? Of course. I actually had hoped ford would do both. But for standard features and options packages, assuming the pricing isn’t absurd, Bronco has absolutely destroyed Jeep. I can 100% guarantee that Jeep is trying to finagle how to get lockers on all trims while also keeping the rubicon a “grail” vehicle.

Bronco is good for everyone because they have managed to create such an insane value proposition.
Sounds like you are sold, F off and buy a Bronco, why are you here trying to convince people who are happy with their jeeps other than to be a troll?

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
A plug-in hybrid is a compliance vehicle that will appeal to a very small fringe, will have an astronomical price, and will likely do nothing to add capability on the trail.

And if the eTorque fiasco is any indication, FCA will find a way to screw up royally.
What eTorque fiasco? It works great.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I would say 2022 model year and whatever they do will probably be announced around when the Bronco orders open up. Probably another marketing campaign around the time the Broncos are being delivered to remind everybody of 2022 changes.

I doubt there will be any evolutionary changes but expect changes to pricing and how options are offered.

I kind of like the base sport with crank windows and manual locks, however that base radio is an embarrassment.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Sounds like you are sold, F off and buy a Bronco, why are you here trying to convince people who are happy with their jeeps other than to be a troll?
You’re right I’m 100% sold on a Bronco. But I also don’t have brand loyalty and am open to alternatives in the future. Also I’m currently a Jeep owner, and I am respectful and only offer an alternative perspective and also like hearing alternative opinions. I just think the complacency and excuses that Jeep fans have for Jeep is absolutely insane. Competition is good, and admitting that the Bronco is better than the Jeep in many ways from an objective standpoint is the first step that Jeep has to take to improve. Is the Bronco perfect? Hell no. Is the bronco more capable than the wrangler off road? That’s a matter of opinion, and also what you define as “off-road”. But Ford’s trim level, pricing, standard equipment, and options completely blow Jeep out of the water. That should be welcomed by Jeep enthusiasts because Jeep is basically going to need to go back to the drawing board to compete. Jeep has used the same basic formula for almost 20 years and ford took that formula and threw it in the garbage. That is a good thing for all off-road enthusiasts.

Also, notice I don’t start threads I just participate in existing threads. I am in no way a troll, but I do like setting the record straight in regards to the Bronco Vs jeep debate. I honestly could see myself getting a V8 JL if it’s not too terribly priced. Honestly my dream garage would be to have a crawler JL on tons+V8+40’s, and a Bronco as a daily with V6+airbags to tow the JL to the trails. That’s just way too much money though lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
You’re right I’m 100% sold on a Bronco. But I also don’t have brand loyalty and am open to alternatives in the future. Also I’m currently a Jeep owner, and I am respectful and only offer an alternative perspective and also like hearing alternative opinions. I just think the complacency and excuses that Jeep fans have for Jeep is absolutely insane. Competition is good, and admitting that the Bronco is better than the Jeep in many ways from an objective standpoint is the first step that Jeep has to take to improve. Is the Bronco perfect? Hell no. Is the bronco more capable than the wrangler off road? That’s a matter of opinion, and also what you define as “off-road”. But Ford’s trim level, pricing, standard equipment, and options completely blow Jeep out of the water. That should be welcomed by Jeep enthusiasts because Jeep is basically going to need to go back to the drawing board to compete. Jeep has used the same basic formula for almost 20 years and ford took that formula and threw it in the garbage. That is a good thing for all off-road enthusiasts.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I’m a moderator on the Bronco6G forum I’m very aware that it exists lol.

Just keep in mind I only participate in existing threads. Never created a bronco thread over here. Also, I’m sure you’re aware there is a block function and hide thread function if seeing information about the Bronco is really that annoying. I really don’t mind if you block me but I think you’ll find that having a respectful discourse to uphold your argument is significantly more effective.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
”But Ford’s trim level, pricing, standard equipment, and options completely blow Jeep out of the water.
At the end of the day, you’re driving a Ford and not a Jeep.

Some will see a Bronco and say, ”hey, it’s a Jeep.” No one will see a Jeep and say, “hey, it’s a Bronco.”

very few people make decisions based solely on objective metrics. That’s why brands and branding exist. Some are icons, some are in the “just as good or better than...” camp. plenty of choices, drive what moves you and be happy. I’m sure the Bronco forums will be busy with people who are thrilled and people who are pissed off. Because, the internet. :like:
Sponsored