Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have been driving Ford vehicles for well over 30 years now. The electronic gimmicks that Ford has been pushing in the past few years have me totally turned off of the Bronco. I learned to drive in a 1971 Bronco with the 3 speed column shift. I really thought that I would consider the Bronco as my next, and last vehicle purchase. But I'm not too happy with the direction that Ford has been moving. Jeep is the only brand that I think is worth the money for the off-road needs that I have.
I was watching a review of the Ford Ranger: the truck channels a fake exhaust sound through the speakers! LOLOL

I realize BMW has been offering this for years, but it just seems totally cheese on a pickup truck.
Sponsored

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz
I was watching a review of the Ford Ranger: the truck channels a fake exhaust sound through the speakers! LOLOL

I realize BMW has been offering this for years, but it just seems totally cheese on a pickup truck.
It's not just BMW.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Rhetorical question: if your speakers stop making farting sounds...is it covered by the warranty?

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I think Jeep’s big response will be the 2022 MY. At a minimum they’re going to need:

1. V8 is a given. I don’t think it will be enough due to the high cost that will likely accompany it. I still don’t think people were really asking for a 6.2 I think 5.7 is way more desired. Would be the perfect level of torque and horsepower for the Jeep without being outrageously expensive like the 6.2 will be. But oh well.

2. Get rid of that garbage Dana 35. Seriously have no idea why they even considered putting it in with the JL. Should’ve left it back in 2006

3. 35” tires from the factory and everything needed to run them well. Lift, and 4.56 gears at a minimum. Hopefully some sort of long travel package as well.

4. A modular hardtop like Bronco with removable rear panels and windows.

6. Wrangler Sport needs to go or needs a serious price drop. In a premium product like wrangler crank windows and manual locks are a joke in 2020. If you’re going to insult us with them there better be a huge financial benefit. Jeep should be easily able to undercut the 30k price tag on the bronco 2 door and include some basic amenities.

Yeah I mean that’s basically it. Other than those things that are just objectively better on the Bronco a lot of it comes to preference.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I think Jeep’s big response will be the 2022 MY. At a minimum they’re going to need:

1. V8 is a given. I don’t think it will be enough due to the high cost that will likely accompany it. I still don’t think people were really asking for a 6.2 I think 5.7 is way more desired. Would be the perfect level of torque and horsepower for the Jeep without being outrageously expensive like the 6.2 will be. But oh well.

2. Get rid of that garbage Dana 35. Seriously have no idea why they even considered putting it in with the JL. Should’ve left it back in 2006

3. 35” tires from the factory and everything needed to run them well. Lift, and 4.56 gears at a minimum. Hopefully some sort of long travel package as well.

4. A modular hardtop like Bronco with removable rear panels and windows.

6. Wrangler Sport needs to go or needs a serious price drop. In a premium product like wrangler crank windows and manual locks are a joke in 2020. If you’re going to insult us with them there better be a huge financial benefit. Jeep should be easily able to undercut the 30k price tag on the bronco 2 door and include some basic amenities.

Yeah I mean that’s basically it. Other than those things that are just objectively better on the Bronco a lot of it comes to preference.
Actually, I'd love to have a base Wrangler Sport. It reminds me of my old YJ, but MUCH better. Pretty quick with the 6 speed, too. What would be better than crank windows would be half doors with soft uppers. Make a special package like that for about $25 grand, with the manual transmission, soft top, vinly seats, 32" tires and 4.10 final drive ratio. They'd sell them like hot cakes, IMO. Call it the Heritage Edition, or Jeep Wrangler 1941, or maybe the Jeep Wrangler Toledo. In fact, it might be the one thing that would get me to consider selling my JKUR.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Actually, I'd love to have a base Wrangler Sport. It reminds me of my old YJ, but MUCH better. Pretty quick with the 6 speed, too. What would be better than crank windows would be half doors with soft uppers. Make a special package like that for about $25 grand, with the manual transmission, soft top, vinly seats, 32" tires and 4.10 final drive ratio. They'd sell them like hot cakes, IMO. Call it the Heritage Edition, or Jeep Wrangler 1941, or maybe the Jeep Wrangler Toledo. In fact, it might be the one thing that would get me to consider selling my JKUR.
Idk Man. I am probably going to get my second JL or JLU or first ever JT after this Pandemic is in the rear view mirror and my full salary is re-instated. I was thinking about the basic sport model as my Daily Driver. One reason I want one is the windows. I like the hand crank windows as an homage to the past alongside with the analog temperature and fuel gauges. I think its a nice way of showing my kids how we operated windows when I was a kid rather than the power windows. Chances are by the time my 2 year old is grown enough, she may not even know what are hand crank windows unless I have a vehicle with that option. She may not even what a Manual Transmission is by then either if we live in North America (save the manuals!). You can say in a way I kind of dig them! The mirrors however should be Power without any argument from me.
I get where y’all are coming from but if Jeep is going to compete with Bronco they have gotta undercut the price. A base bronco is so much better equipped than a base sport wrangler it’s absurd. Yes, the Jeep is more capable off road stock vs stock. But for everything else ford has absolutely undercut Jeep from the factory. Especially the 2 door. A 2-door Jeep sport S equipped like a zero option Bronco base 2 door is $36,420 after destination. Bronco is $29,500 after destination.

(Just to list what a BASE zero option bronco comes with: Power doors, power locks, 8” touch screen with Apple CarPlay, hard top, 4.46 differential gearing, and LED headlights)

That is an ENORMOUS price difference. Honestly at 36k for a Bronco 2 door base you would definitely be able to get Sasquatch so you’re getting dif locks and bilsteins, plus 35” tires factory. Honestly might even be close to the V6 too, so a significantly more powerful vehicle as well.

Last edited:

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I have been driving Ford vehicles for well over 30 years now. The electronic gimmicks that Ford has been pushing in the past few years have me totally turned off of the Bronco. I learned to drive in a 1971 Bronco with the 3 speed column shift. I really thought that I would consider the Bronco as my next, and last vehicle purchase. But I'm not too happy with the direction that Ford has been moving. Jeep is the only brand that I think is worth the money for the off-road needs that I have.
I don't understand. You're not OK with Ford's electronic gimmicks but you are OK with Jeep engines having a 48 volt system, whether you want it or not, added to them?

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Most replies here want what you put on aftermarket as a factory option, where does that leave us all to customize to make it our own? Big dealers would have several vehicles just like yours plus very expensive for these dealers to stock and offer so many versions of Jeep. The momentum has never left Jeep so far and I really can't see it happening. Jeep is tried and true, bronco is new kinda ugly and expensive so the few people that might want one has to decide on cost, untried tech, zero aftermarket upgrades or just stick with the most capable 4x4 ever....the Jeep.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I get where y’all are coming from but if Jeep is going to compete with Bronco they have gotta undercut the price. A base bronco is so much better equipped than a base sport wrangler it’s absurd. Yes, the Jeep is more capable off road stock vs stock. But for everything else ford has absolutely undercut Jeep from the factory. Especially the 2 door. A 2-door Jeep sport S equipped like a zero option Bronco base 2 door is $36,420 after destination. Bronco is $29,500 after destination.

(Just to list what a BASE zero option bronco comes with: Power doors, power locks, 8” touch screen with Apple CarPlay, hard top, 4.46 differential gearing, and LED headlights)

That is an ENORMOUS price difference. Honestly at 36k for a Bronco 2 door base you would definitely be able to get Sasquatch so you’re getting dif locks and bilsteins, plus 35” tires factory. Honestly might even be close to the V6 too, so a significantly more powerful vehicle as well.
I'll believe in a $36k Sasquatch when I see it. I don't think there's even a remote chance of that. There will be plenty you have to get with it to get that package. Wait and see.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I'll believe in a $36k Sasquatch when I see it. I don't think there's even a remote chance of that. There will be plenty you have to get with it to get that package. Wait and see.
Some people did some math based on the available numbers and Sasquatch will likely be around $4k-for the lower trims. Ford has said that the badlands will be prorated since it includes everything except a longer bumpstop and tires but lower trims will cost more. I expect it to be $3995 plus $2k auto trans; $6k.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Well, here's a relevant article: (re: Wrangler 4xe)

Jeep's Most Capable Wrangler Ever Is Coming This Year
https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a33562353/jeep-hybrid-wrangler-launch-date/

"An FCA presentation suggests Jeep still has a big Wrangler reveal coming this year...and it may be at dealers before the Bronco arrives."

Personally, I own and love my Jeep already, so I don't really care how it goes for FCA moving forward. And FCA already has my money, so they also don't care about me! We'll see what the future brings with the new horse in town.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I think so too! Its like an FJ Cruiser and a Wrangler had an ugly illegitimate child and named it the Bronco. To me it looks kind of like an FJ (esp from the front) with removeable hardware like a Wrangler.
The bronco don't look natural with hardware off, it looks like any typical suv that somebody torched the roof off and missing the doors whereas the Jeep looks like a normal natural Jeep with no top or doors. jmho
Sponsored