Bubz024

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler Moab
Vehicle Showcase
need help I got a 2019 with 37s & want to do a big brake upgrade. Any opinions? Thanks for your help in advance
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
If yours is Sahara/Moab/Rubicon, it already came with big brake kit.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Try Powerstop Z36 Brake Pads first.

OP
OP

Bubz024

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler Moab
Vehicle Showcase
If yours is Sahara/Moab/Rubicon, it already came with big brake kit.
Moab but with the tires all on the weight I put on it I need better stopping power

OP
OP

Bubz024

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking about getting the tera flex deltas

Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
The terraflex kit seams to be the best, without going brembo or Willwood. I will get the terraflex kit as soon as I need rotors and pads.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Moab but with the tires all on the weight I put on it I need better stopping power
I think you confused people by saying "big brake kit" because that is the actual title of the factory Moab/Sahara/Rubicon brakes.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Thicker though, so a better heat sink :)
Barely thicker. I'm not debating they are somewhat better, but doesn't qualify as a "big brake" upgrade to me.

Sponsored

urr2slo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Denali Duramax, Chevy Camaro, Jeep CJ7, C7 Corvette, MB S63
I went with Baer’s big brake kit. I’ve installed several of them as well as the Teraflex kit and the Baer outperforms it.
Now in all fairness they all performed about the same as stock at city speeds with the Baers having the best pedal feel, the big difference is at highway speeds, the faster your going the more they outperform the rest. Not much difference between the stock and Teraflex at 80, but a big difference in stopping distance with the Baer brakes.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Teraflex Delta's here. Massive difference in stopping power. And here's why... 4 Pistons per wheel.
Visual comparison of stock to Teraflex Delta's:

IMG_20190830_204522_011.jpg

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
The only thing that worries me about the teraflex kit is the “custom” rotors. I hear the pads are available as a Toyota OEM part which is great, but what happens 5 years from now when I may need rotors? Is teraflex going to still have them? You can’t really be sure I don’t think. That’s a lot of coin to throw at brakes only to be replacing it all or having actual custom rotors made. Price point they seem the best for a kit like this tho (without looking at the Baer yet), if I go that way I’d order an extra set of rotors I think just for piece of mind.​

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
I went with Baer’s big brake kit. I’ve installed several of them as well as the Teraflex kit and the Baer outperforms it.
Now in all fairness they all performed about the same as stock at city speeds with the Baers having the best pedal feel, the big difference is at highway speeds, the faster your going the more they outperform the rest. Not much difference between the stock and Teraflex at 80, but a big difference in stopping distance with the Baer brakes.
Did you go with Baer’s SS4 13.5” front and 13” rear? What brake lines did you use with this kit? Thanks

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
The only thing that worries me about the teraflex kit is the “custom” rotors. I hear the pads are available as a Toyota OEM part which is great, but what happens 5 years from now when I may need rotors? Is teraflex going to still have them? You can’t really be sure I don’t think. That’s a lot of coin to throw at brakes only to be replacing it all or having actual custom rotors made. Price point they seem the best for a kit like this tho (without looking at the Baer yet), if I go that way I’d order an extra set of rotors I think just for piece of mind.​
We have the rotors created in huge batches to prevent obtaining them from becoming an issue, so (hypothetically) even if we were to stop having the rotors made there would be an ample supply of them to last quite a few years, as with the caliper parts.
Sponsored