2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
Hey guys,

My blind spot alerts are not working suddenly! I installed winch and aftermarket front bumper a week ago and everything was working fine. And this morning I have this alert popped out from my dash screen. Is this issue related to winch wiring at all?

I have scheduled a visit to dealer this tuesday but I need your opinions before I take my baby in.

20190810_120027.jpg
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey guys,

My blind spot alerts are not working suddenly! I installed winch and aftermarket front bumper a week ago and everything was working fine. And this morning I have this alert popped out from my dash screen. Is this issue related to winch wiring at all?

I have scheduled a visit to dealer this tuesday but I need your opinions before I take my baby in.

20190810_120027.jpg
Check to make sure all fuses and relays are seated correctly. If that doesn't work, pull the fuse related to the blind spot system and put it back. Something similar happened to my backup camera and not only was the backup camera fuse loose, over half of the fuses and relays "snapped" in place when I pushed down on them.

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Hey guys,

20190810_120027.jpg
Are your doors on

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Are your doors on
If they are - could be that the wiring harness isn't fully connected. I think when that warning is on the triangles on the mirrors are supposed to stay solid. Are yours lit up @2019unlimitedmoab?

PS - shouldn't have anything to do with front winch install, sensors are in the taillights. But like @californiajeeping said, check your fuses.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Had this issue on a Jeep Compass I had and it took 7 trips to service to address hopefully your issue get resolved quicker

Sponsored

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
Same problem. Same message. Fixed by removing and reattaching the door harness about a dozen times. No blind spot, remote start or mirror adjustment. The passenger door did not register in the dash as being open so I narrowed it down to that door. If you pull the fuse the message changes to needs service.

OP
OP
2019unlimitedmoab

2019unlimitedmoab

First Name
2019jeepmoab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited moab
Thank you so much guys!!
It turned out to be the Rugged Ridge's taillights bracket covers were interfering with sensors. Took them out, now they are working fine.

Thank you all for the comments.(I did push all fuses down to make sure they are seated in places correctly.)

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thank you so much guys!!
It turned out to be the Rugged Ridge's taillights bracket covers were interfering with sensors. Took them out, now they are working fine.

Thank you all for the comments.(I did push all fuses down to make sure they are seated in places correctly.)
I was about to order those tail light brackets. Now I'm not.

Drveovru

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
Same problem. Same message. Fixed by removing and reattaching the door harness about a dozen times. No blind spot, remote start or mirror adjustment. The passenger door did not register in the dash as being open so I narrowed it down to that door. If you pull the fuse the message changes to needs service.
I had the same issue , I ended up sliding the connector on the kick panel off its clip so I could check the pins for damage. , I had 2 pins that had slid over a little in the connector. I had to bend them slightly and it fixed everything.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Check to make sure all fuses and relays are seated correctly. If that doesn't work, pull the fuse related to the blind spot system and put it back. Something similar happened to my backup camera and not only was the backup camera fuse loose, over half of the fuses and relays "snapped" in place when I pushed down on them.
Good point. I have heard that all fuses needed to be challenged and make sure they are in properly.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I was about to order those tail light brackets. Now I'm not.
Yeah, don't waste your money on those Rugged Ridge tail light "guards."

I got mine three years ago. The problem is the guards are made of aluminum but the bolts that come with the kit are steel. The aluminum reacts with the steel and over time become soldered together for good; I cannot remove the damn guard any more.

Rugged Ridge piece of crap!

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Yeah, don't waste your money on those Rugged Ridge tail light "guards."

I got mine three years ago. The problem is the guards are made of aluminum but the bolts that come with the kit are steel. The aluminum reacts with the steel and over time become soldered together for good; I cannot remove the damn guard any more.

Rugged Ridge piece of crap!
I consistently deal with dissimilar metals when it comes to fasteners in my business. Always boils down to poor engineering.

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Glad it was an easy fix. Those are the best kind.
Sponsored