Sponsored

Ball Joints

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
understatement of the year no one's ever bought a jeep to SAVE money other than these poser types who want to pull the top and doors and let the dog hang out the back.

I seriously doubt your balljoints are bad at 2500 miles.. I've beat the literal CRAP out of my jeep and they're still good at 30k.

I have heard 'stories' about them being loose from the factory and such but mine were not.

Do you think the clicking when turning is normal? I quieted mine some by moving the castle nuts to the next cotter pin slot, but they still click. My death wobble completely went away by tightening the tie rod ball joint nuts on both ends (one was looser than the other, but both were loose). So only symptom i have now is clicking, but Jeep drives solidly otherwise.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think the clicking when turning is normal? I quieted mine some by moving the castle nuts to the next cotter pin slot, but they still click. My death wobble completely went away by tightening the tie rod ball joint nuts on both ends (one was looser than the other, but both were loose). So only symptom i have now is clicking, but Jeep drives solidly otherwise.
I've heard stories of loose *knuckle* balljoints from the factory but never experienced it myself. Maybe I'm confused and people meant tie-rod joints?

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Well I just said hell with it, and got a set of dynatrac ball joints coming.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Are you saying the new ball joints cured your steering wiggle? I'm guessing I'll have to put another $1k into this jeep when everything else is falling apart lol.

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Do the Danatrac, and knuckles at the same time if money allows. When you take the balljoints out the knuckle comes off anyway. Might as well replace it. You can do the Mopar or Reid. I'm going to order the Mopar only because I work for a Jeep dealer and can get the discount.

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Do the Danatrac, and knuckles at the same time if money allows. When you take the balljoints out the knuckle comes off anyway. Might as well replace it. You can do the Mopar or Reid. I'm going to order the Mopar only because I work for a Jeep dealer and can get the discount.
I just got these https://apexchassis.com/products/kit125-jeep-jl-steering-kit-pol-aluminum?variant=40645437849761 from the black friday sale. So when I have time do the ball joints I will also take care of the tie rods at the sametime.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
where did you get this info about flexing?
The iron knuckles first showed up on the Mohave JT and it listed them to help solve this. Then Reid released their aftermarket ones shortly after.

Lots of guys on here run the Reids and can comment on being less vague after install.

I did them with Dynatracks as well and think most of what I notice is replacing clicking worn out balljoints.
Sponsored