Metalcloak ball joints

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Looks like Metalcloak has jumped in on the ball joint game in case anyone’s interested. Pricing is a little steep for my blood, but they look to be quality products.

Metalcloak Ball Joints
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I’ve been VERY happy with MC parts and service. I will definitely look at these when the time comes.

MC has been quick to answer my questions, even in the middle of an install. They have refunded money to me because THEY thought it took them too long to ship an item and they advised me to NOT purchase a part from them because they did not think it would work well on my current set up.

Refreshing to deal with a company that actualy cares about the customer and their reputation.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Can they be rebuilt in place? That’s really the reason Dynatrac has a corner on the market. Removing them wears the interference fit over time.

Sponsored

NOIDEAWIAM

First Name
NICK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22JLU 392 XR, 21 Charger Hellcat Redeye
They're saying they are rebuildable in the jeep. This tells me they are rebuildable without having to remove them.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Can they be rebuilt in place? That’s really the reason Dynatrac has a corner on the market. Removing them wears the interference fit over time.
One thing I find interesting is the mix of the lower ball joint, and more of a ball joint delete up top.

@CloakedWillys Will, any chance you can give us some insight on the reason behind the joint differences?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Dang it. Wish they would've had these before I got my dynatrac ones. Like the way they look better.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
@GATORB8 Thank you for tagging me in this. This is something we have been working on for a long time to address the issues we have seen with so many stock joints in these things. Mine had signs of wear at 13K miles.

I know we have a lot more info coming for them in the next couple weeks to better explain some of the features that we have in them.

One of the main things we wanted to was splitting the load upper an lower while not getting memory steer that so many have talked about with other aftermarket options. We also wanted to make sure they are well sealed to keep the risk of contamination to a minimum.

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone want to buy some dynatrac ball joints with installation kit?

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
Looking forward to learning more about these. My experiences with MC products and service has always been excellent.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone want to buy some dynatrac ball joints with installation kit?
I don't think you can go wrong with Dynatrac. I have 40K on mine with zero issues.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think you can go wrong with Dynatrac. I have 40K on mine with zero issues.

Thanks, I know they are good. I'm kind of a Metalcloak fanboy I guess, lol. I'll keep the dynatraks and probably install them this summer.
Sponsored