Sponsored

Backup Lights

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Honestly I am surprised Quadratec or another company did not come up with something already?

I can't wait for the iJDMTOY lights. Hopefully they are pretty quick at turning them around. I will update as soon as they send them.
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
iJDMTOY contacted me back today and said they will make them in a clear lens with White LEDs so that can be used as a back up light. I will update as soon as I hear back.

They are making the rear bumper reflector lights that fit into the plastic Rubicon bumper. Here is a link to the ones I am talking about. They are replacing the red LEDs with WHITE LEDs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083PQ6VTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The ones in your pictures are different. They look like they are for the steel Rubicon bumpers.

Nice! This saves me the hassle. When I spoke to them a while back on eBay they werenā€™t open to that. Hopefully they respond to you soon.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! This saves me the hassle. When I spoke to them a while back on eBay they werenā€™t open to that. Hopefully they respond to you soon.
I called and Jackie said she would talk to their design tech. I also sent a few emails and Cesar initially replied back saying they only had the smoked and clear lenses with RED LEDs. He suggested replacing the rear back up bulbs with their aftermarket LED bulbs. I don't think my factory LED rear lights have bulbs. I think they are a single unit. Anyway, I told Cesar the Wrangler community is one of the largest automotive DIY enthusiast group in the world. Told him how large the aftermarket is for Wranglers. He emailed back and said they would produce the clear lens version with BRIGHT WHITE LEDs. The wait is on!

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
iJDMTOY contacted me back today and said they will make them in a clear lens with White LEDs so that can be used as a back up light. I will update as soon as I hear back.

They are making the rear bumper reflector lights that fit into the plastic Rubicon bumper. Here is a link to the ones I am talking about. They are replacing the red LEDs with WHITE LEDs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083PQ6VTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The ones in your pictures are different. They look like they are for the steel Rubicon bumpers.
Domestic Plastic & Steel bumpers use the same red reflector per Quadratec. The image posted above is a. International rear bumper where they already have lights in it.

Exciting that they are making this, please just tell them it has to be enough light to make it worth it. If the strip LEDā€™s are weak and arenā€™t putting out a couple hundred lumens Iā€™m still not going to buy them as they wonā€™t make a difference.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic Plastic & Steel bumpers use the same red reflector per Quadratec. The image posted above is a. International rear bumper where they already have lights in it.

Exciting that they are making this, please just tell them it has to be enough light to make it worth it. If the strip LEDā€™s are weak and arenā€™t putting out a couple hundred lumens Iā€™m still not going to buy them as they wonā€™t make a difference.
I requested bright white LEDs. Hopefully they will be bright enough. Waiting game is on.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know the dimensions of the stock reflectors (depth particularly)? Iā€™m assuming itā€™s the same across trim levels.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know the dimensions of the stock reflectors (depth particularly)? Iā€™m assuming itā€™s the same across trim levels.
I have a set of the reflectors and can measure them tomorrow.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the measurements I replied with? I must have replied on a different thread? I believe they are .500" thick if I remembered correctly?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the measurements I replied with? I must have replied on a different thread? I believe they are .500" thick if I remembered correctly?
Yeah they got them. With the lunar new year theyā€™re not responding for 2 weeks or so. Will update if they can do switchbacks or just reverse lights

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah they got them. With the lunar new year theyā€™re not responding for 2 weeks or so. Will update if they can do switchbacks or just reverse lights
Excellent! I would have sent the reflectors to you so you could have shipped to them. Still can. Let me know? Thanks.

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Im down for these as long as they use bright AF leds... I would even use the aux switch if needed. If they just use cheap low quality bulk leds that hardly produce light this is a wasted effort IMO.

What i would ideally like to see is a clever creative discrete way to mount some Baja Designs Squadron Pros on the back of the jeep without a roof rack or replacing the factory steel bumper. That doesnt interfere with tailgate function, rear window or ground clearance. I think that would be a great idea.
Sponsored