Autostart eliminator or Smart startstop

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Hi, I’m looking to purchase one of those two options for my 22 diesel and was wondering if anyone could provide info, from experience using one vs the other. From what I’ve read online seems that Some people reported a few issues with the autostart eliminator, any info or suggestions would be appreciated thanks!
Autostop eliminator vs smart stopstart
Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I've used the Smart StopStop on my WK2 for some time, never had an issue. Just put one on the JL yesterday, not expecting issues. No experience with the other. Sorry.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@Antonio
Via the Search function, a recent and related thread is here.

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I have been running the Autostop eliminator for over a year. I put it on immediately after purchasing my Ruby because I did not like the motor constantly shutting down and I wouldn’t remember to hit the button until it shut off. My motor is the 2.0 and not the diesel but it has worked flawlessly. I definitely recommend.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Hi, I’m looking to purchase one of those two options for my 22 diesel and was wondering if anyone could provide info, from experience using one vs the other. From what I’ve read online seems that Some people reported a few issues with the autostart eliminator, any info or suggestions would be appreciated thanks!
I installed the AutoStop Eliminator on my diesel 14 months back. It has worked perfectly and there are no issues. I have been very pleased with this device.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Have you consider a Tazer? More expensive, but many additional features that may become handy to you. I run a Tazer Lite - works flawlessly.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with Rick on this one. Especially for the Rubicon. Being able to use the rear locker in 2h and both lockers in 4h, instead of only in 4l. Sway kill, Trac kill, lowering tpms thresholds, and adjusting tire sizes are just a few of the added benefits on top of simply never having to hit the auto stop/start button again.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Antonio

As far as I'm concerned .....the SmartStopStart device is a far better device... and the way to go.

SmartStopStart is of better quality and it is a way smaller footprint then AutoStop Eliminator.

If you compare the two units, side by side and handle, (I have) you will agree with me.

Also, a very small handful of people have posted on the internet over the last couple of years that the AutoStopEliminator will glitch on occasion.will not remember last ESS setting on occasion, etc..

The SmartStopStart works flawlessly.

Also, resale when you go to resell will be higher .... far easier to sell in regard to the SmartStopStart.
You will re-coop much of what you originally paid for it.

Reach out / personal message Steve at @SmartStopStart.com , a forum sponsor ....and ask for a better price then advertised, please.. (($129) .... Mention to him you are a forum member and he will more likely then not, sell the SmartStopStart unit to you for $100 shipped. (same price as the AutoStop Eliminator)

IF, if you need a tool to work with ESS and more go with a Tazer JL Mini.

Jeep Wrangler JL Autostart eliminator or Smart startstop smartstopstart

AutoStop Eliminator.... is so bulky it comes with 3 zip ties so you can try to corral it so to speak.
Jeep Wrangler JL Autostart eliminator or Smart startstop Screenshot 2022-03-06 150103

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I’m a fan of the Smart StartStop device. Installed it on my JL diesel and flawless function since. Had my jeep parked and batteries disconnect for a few months and when I put it all back together it still remembered my ESS off which I was very surprised by. It is very nice to not have to deal with the constant engine off/restarts.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I’m a fan of the Smart StartStop device. Installed it on my JL diesel and flawless function since. Had my jeep parked and batteries disconnect for a few months and when I put it all back together it still remembered my ESS off which I was very surprised by. It is very nice to not have to deal with the constant engine off/restarts.
Jack, from your avatar it looks like you have oversize tires. How did you adjust for them? I ask because the Tazer would adjust for your larger tires and defeat the ESS.

OP
OP
Antonio

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Thank you so much for all the info, the reason why I’m not considering the tazer option at this time is simply because I’m not looking to do any mods anytime soon and just don’t want to run in any warranty issues, I can easily forget to press this damn button every time I get in the jeep, honestly I don’t see why it’s not designed like some of the other cars I own where its a simple push button that stays on all the time unless you push it again to turn it off 🤷‍♂️ Anyway with this I can easily unplug the device before service but I’m worried about a dealer going into the system and seeing changes were made by using a tazer option, idk how it works if the service department looks at this kind of stuff or not but I’m like the person that this kind of thing would happen to! 100 jeep could get serviced and they won’t look at 99 of them but mine would be the one 🤣🤣🤣

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Jack, from your avatar it looks like you have oversize tires. How did you adjust for them? I ask because the Tazer would adjust for your larger tires and defeat the ESS.
My avatar is actually my old JK. But on my JL I’m running 35s. I don’t like the Tazer because of SGW issue. I also didn’t want the hassle of unmarry/remarry a Tazer every time I take my jeep into a dealer. I use an AEV procal because all I needed was to change tire and psi settings. The Smart Stopstart fixed something I find annoying, ESS.