Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop Function Warning Light...

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
After replacing a coolant pump a few weeks ago, the check engine light came on again this weekend with a code of P023A, same as before...

This is getting really old...
Sponsored

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After replacing a coolant pump a few weeks ago, the check engine light came on again this weekend with a code of P023A, same as before...

This is getting really old...

Update: Steering TSB was completed today, but I haven't driven it yet to see how it's doing. The P023A code has resulted in them ordering a new ECM along with some other parts to see if that fixes it...

Gbango

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Sahara Unlimited
Having the same issue with the auto start stop light going off. Usually occurs after extended periods of idling in park.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Having the same issue with the auto start stop light going off. Usually occurs after extended periods of idling in park.
Next time it's at the dealership, ask them to make sure the software is up today.

Mathami

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 4D Sport
I’ve just installed Mopar auxiliary on my JLU sport 2020, after completion I flashes the tazer to enable Aux feature and I got the start/stop system unavailable thingy, I flashed the feature to off again and still getting the error,I tried rebooting the tazer but the problem still there, I drove it with no issues but I’m curious what could the problem be, any ideas?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I’ve just installed Mopar auxiliary on my JLU sport 2020, after completion I flashes the tazer to enable Aux feature and I got the start/stop system unavailable thingy, I flashed the feature to off again and still getting the error,I tried rebooting the tazer but the problem still there, I drove it with no issues but I’m curious what could the problem be, any ideas?
@Mathami

I gather your Aux switch install went ok and you have tested to see if all your Aux switches are working after the Tazer JL activation.

Very very good chance that your Aux battery has depleted just enough..... and that is why you are seeing Aux battery related messages...

Not uncommon what you are seeing after such an install..

Assuming your Aux switches are working....... do place your JL on a low amp battery tender maintainer (5-10 amp)-(attach to Main battery, charges both Main and aux batteries) ....until it signals both batteries are fully charged... NOW, see if messages are no longer appearing.

Mathami

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 4D Sport
@Mathami

I gather your Aux switch install went ok and you have tested to see if all your Aux switches are working after the Tazer JL activation.

Very very good chance that your Aux battery has depleted just enough..... and that is why you are seeing Aux battery related messages...

Not uncommon what you are seeing after such an install..

Assuming your Aux switches are working....... do place your JL on a low amp battery tender maintainer (5-10 amp)-(attach to Main battery, charges both Main and aux batteries) ....until it signals both batteries are fully charged... NOW, see if messages are no longer appearing.
Thanks , any low battery tender maintainer recommendation? I was about to buy G3500 for that

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks , any low battery tender maintainer recommendation? I was about to buy G3500 for that
@Mathami

You will get guy here going on and on which tender/maintainer is best, yada yada....

For a stock, JL/JT .......All you need is a tender/maintainer that puts out no more 10 amp max and that is aok to use with AGM batteries... The Main and Aux batteries are both AGM.

Why not go with a maintainer/charger that puts out more then 10 amp..... well because you don't need that much amp output and with the lesser amp output tender/maintainer you are less apt to lets say get yourself in trouble...

A NOCO Genius G3500 6V/12V 3.5 Amp is aok as well as a Noco 5 amp. Both of these are ok to use with AGM. The Noco 5 will get the deed done a tad faster then the G3500 but the G3500 is aok.

ElDoc72

First Name
Rogelio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler unlimited Sport S
The same thing happened to me too yesterday.

I noticed that removing the ground from the main battery as the instructions show did not shutoff the electrical system completely. Somehow the small battery stays connected and gets depleted. How to disconnect the aux battery?

I have a question, before you flashed with the tazer, do the aux switches light up like the rest of the dashboard when turning on the car lights? Do they work at all? The instruction say to check voltages during installation 🤷‍♂️
Thanks!

karlosmi

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 94 YJ
I have had this happen twice since owning mine - but it is when the S/S is active and I shift to park. Never has happened if I just leave the S/S off or the engine is running when I shift to P

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
let the jeep idle for about 10 minutes while waiting to meet up with a guy. The guy gets there, we talk for another 10 minutes,

Any ideas what's going on?
Yes, it's you JEEP telling don't be stupid, turn it off. That's one thing ESS has taught me, turn off the engine when you're going to idle for more than a minute.

I chuckle at all the knuckleheads at the stop light without ESS that turn their key off, then turn their key on to start when the light turns green. That vehicle wasn't designed for 20x the start/stop cycles. I doubt they're saving much fuel, the fuel system wasn't designed for hot starts conserving fuel.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it's you JEEP telling don't be stupid, turn it off. That's one thing ESS has taught me, turn off the engine when you're going to idle for more than a minute.

I chuckle at all the knuckleheads at the stop light without ESS that turn their key off, then turn their key on to start when the light turns green. That vehicle wasn't designed for 20x the start/stop cycles. I doubt they're saving much fuel, the fuel system wasn't designed for hot starts conserving fuel.
Since I had previously not owned a vehicle with ESS, I was not used to it... However, that DOES NOT solve the issue that it was not functioning properly... There was clearly an issue with the ESS on that Jeep, but it is no longer an issue since I no longer own it.

k9jackie

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
This just happened to me. Backstory (might not be important) : I used 4H a couple days ago because we got snow here. I never use it and it was pretty stiff to shift but it worked fine.

Tonight I used a remote start to warm up the Jeep for a couple minutes and headed to run an errand. 2 miles down the road while at a red light, my engine started to rumble after idling for 2 minutes, the auto start service warning and check engine lights came on. It felt like it wanted to shut off. I limped back home with the rumble and will recheck in the morning… could the cold have something to do with it? I don’t know if I can drive it to the dealer with that rumble. I hope it magically goes away like some of yours…

k9jackie

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Well, she is undrivable this morning... got it towed! The dealership said the code reads "misfire"

This just happened to me. Backstory (might not be important) : I used 4H a couple days ago because we got snow here. I never use it and it was pretty stiff to shift but it worked fine.

Tonight I used a remote start to warm up the Jeep for a couple minutes and headed to run an errand. 2 miles down the road while at a red light, my engine started to rumble after idling for 2 minutes, the auto start service warning and check engine lights came on. It felt like it wanted to shut off. I limped back home with the rumble and will recheck in the morning… could the cold have something to do with it? I don’t know if I can drive it to the dealer with that rumble. I hope it magically goes away like some of yours…
Jeep Wrangler JL Auto Start/Stop Function Warning Light... 3F537F6D-DB5E-41CF-84E6-D96297554F7C

Last edited:
OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can drive it with the Stop/Start service unavailable message... As long as everything else is running okay.
Sponsored