Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop Function Warning Light...

k9jackie

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
The rumble is very strong and the check engine is flashing... with my luck it would completely die in the middle of the road. Luckily our warranty covers a tow for this kind of issue.

You can drive it with the Stop/Start service unavailable message... As long as everything else is running okay.
Sponsored

k9jackie

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Turned out to be a bad spark plug on cylinder 5 and that is not covered even though I am just out of the 3 year bumper to bumper and only have 26,000 miles... These things should be good until 100k miles! The dealership is wanting to charge me a ridiculous $480 because they have to remove the cam shaft or something to get to it.

You can drive it with the Stop/Start service unavailable message... As long as everything else is running okay.

Mathami

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 4D Sport
@Mathami

I gather your Aux switch install went ok and you have tested to see if all your Aux switches are working after the Tazer JL activation.

Very very good chance that your Aux battery has depleted just enough..... and that is why you are seeing Aux battery related messages...

Not uncommon what you are seeing after such an install..

Assuming your Aux switches are working....... do place your JL on a low amp battery tender maintainer (5-10 amp)-(attach to Main battery, charges both Main and aux batteries) ....until it signals both batteries are fully charged... NOW, see if messages are no longer appearing.
Iā€™ve checked the wiring and it all looked ok , I closed everything and started the Jeep, weirdly the stop start alert didnā€™t show up and everything is ok

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
What voltage does the Jeep want the Aux battery at for ESS to work. My Aux is at 12.3v after driving the interstate for an hour and 12.2v the next morning. My main is around 12.4v

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Well, Iā€™m not sure what it was, but they replaced a coolant pump and since then it hasnā€™t come on, not sure if the two were related though ???
this is weird but I think it may be my issue as well.

about 2 months ago the jeep ran hot and i noticed I had almost no coolant in it. So, I filled it up a few days afterwardsā€¦checking the levels and I have to add a little bit every few days.

the jeep is running cool and the level seems to be fineā€¦but tonight my auto start/stop light came on and the jeep began to idle reallt rough.

i took it around the block and then shut it off. Cranked again and the light is off and the rough idle is gone.

i wonder if my coolant pump is causing this issue?

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Turned out to be a bad spark plug on cylinder 5 and that is not covered even though I am just out of the 3 year bumper to bumper and only have 26,000 miles... These things should be good until 100k miles! The dealership is wanting to charge me a ridiculous $480 because they have to remove the cam shaft or something to get to it.
Ughh thsis could be me too. I know itā€™s not my aux battery as i just changed that earlier this year.

i just hit 61k miles and I think Iā€™m due for a tune up as well

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
this is weird but I think it may be my issue as well.

about 2 months ago the jeep ran hot and i noticed I had almost no coolant in it. So, I filled it up a few days afterwardsā€¦checking the levels and I have to add a little bit every few days.

the jeep is running cool and the level seems to be fineā€¦but tonight my auto start/stop light came on and the jeep began to idle reallt rough.

i took it around the block and then shut it off. Cranked again and the light is off and the rough idle is gone.

i wonder if my coolant pump is causing this issue?
Hi, TaiMc. If you experience further concerns here, we recommend a dealership visit. If you need support while there, let us know!

Kate
Jeep Cares

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, TaiMc. If you experience further concerns here, we recommend a dealership visit. If you need support while there, let us know!

Kate
Jeep Cares
thanks! ApparentlyI have a faulty EGR coolerā€¦and they are trying to see if itā€™s covered under my lifetime/unlimited mileage added care plus extened warranty. I donā€™t see why it wouldnā€™t be covered.
They also could not replicate my auto start/stop error. Computer didnā€™t store any error code. Theyā€™ve had my jeep for 5 days. Iā€™m about to get it tomorrow, whether theyā€™ve figured out the issue or not.
Sponsored