First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Patriotic Blue LJ, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
Occupation
Vocational Rehabilitation
Good morning. This morning in CO it was a little cold around 27 degrees. I remote started my Jeep like I always do in the mornings. About 1 min after start up it turned off. I jumped in and started with push button. Everything worked and felt good. No issues other than a check engine light. I called the dealer and it will take 5 weeks before they can see it. Anyone else have this issue? I'm hoping it's a small issue and requires a quick fix. I literally just bought the vehicle last week and it already has a date with a service department. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
A lot of MOPAR/Stellantis vehicles only allow for a certain number of remote starts without a manual start being performed. When a remote start fails due to this idiotic protocol the PCM throws a code. One of my Ram trucks did this routinely.

The code & light should reset after 3 - 5 power cycles (On/Off x 5). You could always get the code read at a local auto parts store for a minimal fee. Some stores do it for free. All you want from them is the actual code and you want them to print out the information.

I cleared the code on my Ram with a programmer I had for the truck.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
A lot of MOPAR/Stellantis vehicles only allow for a certain number of remote starts without a manual start being performed. When a remote start fails due to this idiotic protocol the PCM throws a code. One of my Ram trucks did this routinely.

The code & light should reset after 3 - 5 power cycles (On/Off x 5). You could always get the code read at a local auto parts store for a minimal fee. Some stores do it for free. All you want from them is the actual code and you want them to print out the information.

I cleared the code on my Ram with a programmer I had for the truck.
Really? Is there any information on this? Never heard of that before.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Found it on a Ram forum a few years ago when I was looking for information on the code.

OhioJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6 JL's and a Gladiator
get an inexpensive code reader and read the code, write it down for future reference and reset it. Post it hear. Could be something like an minor evap system leak.

Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Check the codes yourself as per above and if you still need to go in...
find a better dealer !
5 weeks - wow
Jeep cares possibly

OP
OP
Chris1985

Chris1985

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Patriotic Blue LJ, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
Occupation
Vocational Rehabilitation
I went to Auto zone. The error code is P2B95. Called dealership and jeep said along as it will stsrt in cold weather I fine to wait till November. If the CEL starts flashing tow it to the dealership....

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
During diagnosis a technician may find DTC P2B95 (Injection Pulse Performance During Cold Start) set in the Engine Control Module (ECM). Cause This may be caused by a calibration concern setting a false DTC. Correction Reprogram the Engine Control Module (ECM).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/p2b95.98993/