Sponsored

Auto Start/Stop Function Warning Light...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
About 3 weeks ago we went 4-wheeling on a trail, my Auto Stop/Start warning light came on... At the time, we were in 4x4 Low and basically going at idle speed/RPM for an extended period of time due to the rocky terrain... I noticed the engine ran a little rough at the time, so I took it to the dealership... Their diagnosis - replaced the driver side door latch (proximity sensor equipped) because it wasn't working correctly and was causing a voltage drop... Didn't seem right to me, but what do I know?

They also mentioned my aftermarket led tail lights that have been installed since October with no problems whatsoever... Said it had tripped a soft code.

Now, fast-forward to yesterday, let the jeep idle for about 10 minutes while waiting to meet up with a guy. The guy gets there, we talk for another 10 minutes, then I leave to go back to work... I notice the Jeep is running a little rough again and then the Auto Stop/Start warning light pops back on... I immediately call the dealer and schedule an appointment for Monday at 8am...

When I got back to work, I turned the Jeep off for about 10-15 minutes, when I restarted it, it ran smoothly and the light went back off...

This is a 2018 Wrangler JLU with 13,200 miles on it, already had the oil changed twice at the dealer and all open recalls have been done.

Any ideas what's going on?
Sponsored

Last edited:

DarthBeerGeek

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
After a period of letting it idle for 10 minutes or so, I can expect the light to come on as well. Then it kind of has a high idle until I power off. I am gonna watch this thread as well.

ZiggSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
After a period of letting it idle for 10 minutes or so, I can expect the light to come on as well. Then it kind of has a high idle until I power off. I am gonna watch this thread as well.
Happens with mine as well

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is idling weird as well, no start/ stop error code, but definitely noticeable at start up and when idling for a good amount of time..just seems off, any updates or suggestions would be awesome

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
About 3 weeks ago we when 4-wheeling on a trail, my Auto Stop/Start warning light came on... At the time, we were in 4x4 Low and basically going at idle speed/RPM for an extended period of time due to the rocky terrain... I noticed the engine ran a little rough at the time, so I took it to the dealership... Their diagnosis - replaced the driver side door latch (proximity sensor equipped) because it wasn't working correctly and was causing a voltage drop... Didn't seem right to me, but what do I know?

They also mentioned my aftermarket led tail lights that have been installed since October with no problems whatsoever... Said it had tripped a soft code.

Now, fast-forward to yesterday, let the jeep idle for about 10 minutes while waiting to meet up with a guy. The guy gets there, we talk for another 10 minutes, then I leave to go back to work... I notice the Jeep is running a little rough again and then the Auto Stop/Start warning light pops back on... I immediately call the dealer and schedule an appointment for Monday at 8am...

When I got back to work, I turned the Jeep off for about 10-15 minutes, when I restarted it, it ran smoothly and the light went back off...

This is a 2018 Wrangler JLU with 13,200 miles on it, already had the oil changed twice at the dealer and all open recalls have been done.

Any ideas what's going on?
Hi Scott,
We're sorry to hear about this. Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed, our team is available via PM.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Following. Same issue here.

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Had the same issue for almost a year, after a long and slow 4x4 trail or 20+ minutes of idling the service start stop system error would pop up. If I turned the jeep off then back on it would be gone. Took the jeep in last month and they found 3 codes and a tsb and flashed the computers, the service writer seemed to know about the issue, the codes do not show up with a odb reader, only the dealers computer can see them. Since the flash i havent had this issue at all, even on the same slow trails and long idling session.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the late reply, just had a few moments to update...

Took the Jeep back to the dealer on Monday, they were unable to find any codes whatsoever.
I had them do a battery load test, they said the batteries passed the load test with no problems.

They told me the next time the light comes on to stop by so they can try to diagnose it while it is on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get it figured out? Had this happen today
Well, Iā€™m not sure what it was, but they replaced a coolant pump and since then it hasnā€™t come on, not sure if the two were related though ???

JeepyD

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T
Mine has done this twice with the auto-stop dummy light. More recently on start-up now, the battery warning light comes on and the tach/speedometer needles don't work for a few minutes. Then the main dash CPU will cycle through the Jeep logo several times, then stay on constant, then the tach/speedo will start working after running about 3 to 5 minutes.

Is this a problem with the 48V battery?

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler jl sport 2.0
Mine does the same thing and I took mine in and they did a software update, it seemed to fix it for a bit but it's back again. I'm at 10,300 miles of owning my 2018.
Sponsored