Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Interesting. Nice work.

I'm beginning to wonder if Leather is my main culprit holding me back. (still in D with no build sheet, 12/18/21 JLUR XR order)
Any stats on interior leather vs cloth and the colors from your December build sheets?

Also, the XR percentages seemed pretty low in general in the earlier post.
It looks like leather/cloth is about 50/50. Not sure what McKinley leather is...maybe the 392?

I already posted color stats.

I would have thought that the XR package would be extremely common, but apparently not. The only thing that has XR or xtreme or recon in the name is the tire package, so that's what I'm basing my numbers on.
Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
It looks like leather/cloth is about 50/50. Not sure what McKinley leather is...maybe the 392?

I already posted color stats.

I would have thought that the XR package would be extremely common, but apparently not. The only thing that has XR or xtreme or recon in the name is the tire package, so that's what I'm basing my numbers on.
Thanks much John.

And by "color" I meant interior color only (black, saddle, etc.). I was unclear on that. Maybe that is what you meant too, but if so I missed that post. I did see the exterior color post. Happy to see Hydro was pretty rare.

I wonder if the low XR percentage is a sign of the struggle in production there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thanks much John.

And by "color" I meant interior color only (black, saddle, etc.). Maybe that is what you meant too, but if so I missed that post. I did see the exterior color post. Happy to see Hydro was pretty rare.

I wonder if the low XR percentage is a sign of the struggle in production there.
My bad. I don't have a decent way of determining interior color. All I have is an entry that says, e.g., "Black/Dark Saddle". There's nothing that indicates that it's an interior color. Note that saddle is 4%.

Good point / speculation about the low XR numbers.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I don't think that I've ever seen a Wrangler with body color bumpers. 2%?
  • Body Color Front Bumper
  • Body Color Rear Bumper w/Step Pads
Steel bumpers are 6%. That seems low, but maybe that's just me.

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR
I don't think that I've ever seen a Wrangler with body color bumpers. 2%?
  • Body Color Front Bumper
  • Body Color Rear Bumper w/Step Pads
Steel bumpers are 6%. That seems low, but maybe that's just me.
I think the body color bumpers means the High Altitude?

Sponsored

eniveparg

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Can you tell what percentage of the 2.0L are being used for the 4XE and if possible the breakdown by model?

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Can you tell what percentage of the 2.0L are being used for the 4XE and if possible the breakdown by model?
The 5k, etc. at the end of the model is its GVWR class. The most popular model / engine combo is the JLU Sport with the 3.6L (17%).
ModelCountPercent
2.0L, 4D LHD Sport, 5k287713
2.0L, 4D LHD Sahara, 5k281212
2.0L, 4D LHD Rubicon, 5k225710
2.0L PHEV, 4D LHD Sahara 4xe, 6k20909
2.0L, 2D LHD Sport, 4k14516
2.0L PHEV, 4D LHD Rubicon 4xe, 6k12505
2.0L, 4D RHD Sahara export, 5k4112
2.0L, 2D LHD Rubicon, 5k3181
2.0L, 4D RHD Rubicon export, 5k1851
2.0L, 2D LHD Sahara export, 5k750
2.0L, 2D RHD Rubicon export, 5k140
2.0L, 4D RHD Sport, 5k100
2.0L, 2D RHD Sahara export, 5k30

By engine:
ModelCountPercent
2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS1041345
3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS464020
2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV Engine334015
3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I275612
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine w/ESS G312706
6.4L V8 SRT HEMI MDS Engine4812

eniveparg

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
The 5k, etc. at the end of the model is its GVWR class. The most popular model / engine combo is the JLU Sport with the 3.6L (17%).
ModelCountPercent
2.0L, 4D LHD Sport, 5k287713
2.0L, 4D LHD Sahara, 5k281212
2.0L, 4D LHD Rubicon, 5k225710
2.0L PHEV, 4D LHD Sahara 4xe, 6k20909
2.0L, 2D LHD Sport, 4k14516
2.0L PHEV, 4D LHD Rubicon 4xe, 6k12505
2.0L, 4D RHD Sahara export, 5k4112
2.0L, 2D LHD Rubicon, 5k3181
2.0L, 4D RHD Rubicon export, 5k1851
2.0L, 2D LHD Sahara export, 5k750
2.0L, 2D RHD Rubicon export, 5k140
2.0L, 4D RHD Sport, 5k100
2.0L, 2D RHD Sahara export, 5k30

By engine:
ModelCountPercent
2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine w/ ESS1041345
3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg I w/ESS464020
2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo PHEV Engine334015
3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I275612
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine w/ESS G312706
6.4L V8 SRT HEMI MDS Engine4812
Thank you for this information. When looking at what updated in Cryptostickers for a 24 hour period, there are far more 4XE going thru the process. So it makes it look like they are giving priority to the 4XE builds. I understand that this could be because more 4XE people are tracking builds than non 4XE

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thank you for this information. When looking at what updated in Cryptostickers for a 24 hour period, there are far more 4XE going thru the process. So it makes it look like they are giving priority to the 4XE builds. I understand that this could be because more 4XE people are tracking builds than non 4XE
Tonight will be the first time that I'll have a fully-populated / correct database where I can query multiple days, so I'll hopefully be able to extract trends like that.

Note that prior to this morning it was taking 3.5 hours to update the database. I made some tweaks in how I do my threading and got that down to 8 minutes. And yes, companies pay me a lot to do those types of optimizations ;).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's weird that new build sheets seem to flow in later in the evening.

I'm at the point where I can compare what's on prior build sheets with what's on today's. That lets me know what's being excluded from new build sheets. Today's most significant missing pieces of equipment in order of significance:
  1. 18X7.5 Polished/Painted Tech Gry Whl
  2. Hard Spare Tire Cover
  3. Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
  4. Black MIC/Bright Mirror Molding
  5. Luxury Group
  6. McKinley Lthr Seat w/Overland Logo
  7. Willys Sport Discount
  8. Tool Kit - this is NOT the Torx Tool Kit that's in every Wrangler.
  9. U.S. Emissions w/OBD 1
  10. PHEV/EV Charge Cord J-Mode 2/Level 1
  11. Trailer Tow Group
  12. Customer Preferred Package 22K
  13. Lock Fuel Cap w/ Discriminator

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's weird that new build sheets seem to flow in later in the evening.

I'm at the point where I can compare what's on prior build sheets with what's on today's. That lets me know what's being excluded from new build sheets. Today's most significant missing pieces of equipment in order of significance:
  1. 18X7.5 Polished/Painted Tech Gry Whl
  2. Hard Spare Tire Cover
  3. Digital Multimedia Broadcasting
  4. Black MIC/Bright Mirror Molding
  5. Luxury Group
  6. McKinley Lthr Seat w/Overland Logo
  7. Willys Sport Discount
  8. Tool Kit - this is NOT the Torx Tool Kit that's in every Wrangler.
  9. U.S. Emissions w/OBD 1
  10. PHEV/EV Charge Cord J-Mode 2/Level 1
  11. Trailer Tow Group
  12. Customer Preferred Package 22K
  13. Lock Fuel Cap w/ Discriminator
It looks like those wheels are with the 2.0L Sahara 4xe. Hard Spare Tire Cover is also a Sahara item.

Shanwowsd

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It looks like those wheels are with the 2.0L Sahara 4xe. Hard Spare Tire Cover is also a Sahara item.
Hi John,
I love reading the data points you are putting out. thanks for doing this and sharing. I am wondering if you have any idea of what % of the build sheets you are capturing out of the actual production from the factory? I have been watching the orders tracked/build sheet counts on cryptostickers and have observed that the count has gone up about 1K over past week, week and a half. first time i wrote down numbers was 21240 orders tracked and now showing 22182 orders tracked, build sheet grew from 17901 to 18718. Similar numbers with the completed units field. the incomplete seems to hover in the 4986 to 5100 range. I am guessing the factory churned out a lot more than 1K units during that time.

I guess I am wondering if the %s of options you are seeing could be representative of the whole or just a small sample?

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hi John,
I love reading the data points you are putting out. thanks for doing this and sharing. I am wondering if you have any idea of what % of the build sheets you are capturing out of the actual production from the factory? I have been watching the orders tracked/build sheet counts on cryptostickers and have observed that the count has gone up about 1K over past week, week and a half. first time i wrote down numbers was 21240 orders tracked and now showing 22182 orders tracked, build sheet grew from 17901 to 18718. Similar numbers with the completed units field. the incomplete seems to hover in the 4986 to 5100 range. I am guessing the factory churned out a lot more than 1K units during that time.

I guess I am wondering if the %s of options you are seeing could be representative of the whole or just a small sample?
The data that I'm dealing with is significantly more complete than what crypto is accessing, but it's still "just" December's build sheets.

~19k build sheets there for as long as it's been running versus ~23k for December. His subset is of those who sign up while mine is everything for December.

I'm thinking that I might kick off an extraction of October through now just to see how painful that would be. It's significantly faster now, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Shanwowsd

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The data that I'm dealing with is significantly more complete than what crypto is accessing, but it's still "just" December's build sheets.

~19k build sheets there for as long as it's been running versus ~23k for December. His subset is of those who sign up while mine is everything for December.

I'm thinking that I might kick off an extraction of October through now just to see how painful that would be. It's significantly faster now, so maybe it won't be so bad.
I am early feb order so any data that marches my direction would be better :) I like seeing the data and trying to identify trends.

It is interesting -the volume of your build sheet numbers is in line with yearly production/12 so I bet you are capturing most if not all the production. Pretty cool.

I ordered half doors on my JLUR-XR and what I keep wondering is -if the number of people who ordered half doors is pretty small then is that a good thing, bad thing or nonfactor in whether my order goes through in a normal build period or be subject to huge delays.

I know the delays in fulfilling my order is subject to the same supply chain issues as all of the other rubicons with XR, leather, etc. I am curious to know whether or not, at the time the half doors are produced and delivered to the factory, that would that help move my order forward so Jeep doesnt have them sitting around. Conversly, is the order delayed because the jeep door supplier cannot produce enough full doors to meet demand & half doors are such small % of orders they are postponed and batch produced when enough qty is in the queue. Third option (most likely) is that it is a non factor and jeep is built when it is built. :)
Sponsored