Anyone else get overwhelmed?

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Hey y’all,

I am new to the JL forum as we picked up two Rubicon’s in the last month. I have been doing the overland thing for awhile and recently made the change to the infamous Jeep platform. Anyways, I have been buying parts like crazy and being it’s the start of adventure season here in Colorado, I’m in a bit of a time crunch. Anyone else get overwhelmed when the parts pile up and free time isn’t adding up to get the parts installed? I have never been one to leave my vehicles stock and it’s driving me nuts. Especially with all the other Jeeps around here seem to be stalking me on their 37s and such haha.

Other than that, I just wanted to say hi and see if anyone else ever feels this way. Putting the AEV 2.5” kit on tomorrow, wheels and tires will be here this week and have to get my spare tire carrier on, the rhino rack system installed with my RTT, also have to reroute my XM antenna. Busy week ahead with a camping trip planned for Mother’s Day….thanks for having me!
Sponsored

Last edited:

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hey y’all,

I am new to the JL forum as we picked up two Rubicon’s in the last month. I have been doing the overland thing for awhile and recently made the change to the infamous Jeep platform. Anyways, I have been buying parts like crazy and being it’s the start of adventure season here in Colorado, I’m in a bit of a time crunch. Anyone else get overwhelmed when the parts pile up and free time isn’t adding up to get the parts installed? I have never been one to leave my vehicles stock and it’s driving me nuts. Especially with all the other Jeeps around here seem to be stalking me on their 37s and such haha.

Other than that, I just wanted to say hi and see if anyone else ever feels this way. Putting the AEV 2.5” kit on tomorrow, wheels and tires will be here this week and have to get my spare tire carrier on, the rhino rack system installed with my RTT, also have to reroute my XM antenna. Busy week ahead with a camping trip planned for Mother’s Day….thanks for having me!
Real first world problems, lol. Luckily you could probably find a shop to pick up some of the install work if the time crunch is the main issue.
Worst case is that some parts sit in the garage a few weeks while you're out having fun! They'll be there when you get back :)

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
It’s worse for me because I travel for work and tend to enjoy staying out way past my rotation (more money). Because of this, I find myself sitting in my hotel room ordering shit. Usually when I get “home”, I have TONS of boxes related to my hobbies... Sometimes I forget what I ordered or I don’t get through all of them on my free time.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I am overwhelmed picking the right lift kit, wheels, and shocks. I’m going crazy!!! And everything seems out of stock too or on back order.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If you're feeling overwhelmed you are taking the fun out of it. Enjoy your Jeep. You can overland just fine in a 100% stock Jeep. Bolt on the stuff as you have time but don't let it stress you out.

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Welcome! We went through that on my husband’s JKUR—he finished installing the lift juuuuuuuust before we left for Easter Jeep Safari. It was crazy.

Post pics of the Jeeps!
Will do! We bought a sting gray for my wife and they called back and offered me an insane amount of money for my ram truck. Wasn’t even a question what I was replacing it with

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
If you're feeling overwhelmed you are taking the fun out of it. Enjoy your Jeep. You can overland just fine in a 100% stock Jeep. Bolt on the stuff as you have time but don't let it stress you out.
Awesome advice! Thank you. I just get so anxious to get things done. I have also never had a platform that offers so many aftermarket parts, it’s amazing and expensive 😂

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The best way is to actually use your jeep instead of building an image and then taking it out. You wont care when you see all these people on 37s and you know what your jeep can do. Nothing more satisfying that going slowly on mods. 37s are more of a drag than help for "overlanding" anyway.

I havent been offroading in what feels like a century due to my first child being born recently. And I am thinking about shocks and new mods, it is just because I am sitting at home watching toxic youtube lol. I know if I went out for trails for a weekend the fever will die off. It has happened before.

Just my opinion, do what you want of course!.

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I definitely understand. I have quite a bit of years in the off road scene and enjoy all sorts of types of being out wheelin. Went to Moab in my last build and tackled some trails, Fins n things and top of the world were the the big ones. Instantly knew I wanted to build a Jeep to tackle those harder trails. I guess I would self classify as a wheeler that likes to camp. The RTT just makes it more bearable as I have a bad back.

The best way is to actually use your jeep instead of building an image and then taking it out. You wont care when you see all these people on 37s and you know what your jeep can do. Nothing more satisfying that going slowly on mods. 37s are more of a drag than help for "overlanding" anyway.

Just my opinion, do what you want of course!.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I definitely understand. I have quite a bit of years in the off road scene and enjoy all sorts of types of being out wheelin. Went to Moab in my last build and tackled some trails, Fins n things and top of the world were the the big ones. Instantly knew I wanted to build a Jeep to tackle those harder trails. I guess I would self classify as a wheeler that likes to camp. The RTT just makes it more bearable as I have a bad back.
Hey no need to justify anything. You have your reasons. There are always exceptions. Have fun!

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I am overwhelmed picking the right lift kit, wheels, and shocks. I’m going crazy!!! And everything seems out of stock too or on back order.
I hear that! I definitely had to grind to find the parts. But I was able to find the wheels I wanted in stock, milestars were pretty easy to come by along with the tire carrier. The rhino rack was a bit tough to find but a local shop was able to get it. I was in between on lifts as well but I had the AEV on my ram and loved the kit. I’m sure I’m going to get more into this Jeeping thing and want more kit, but in due time.

OP
OP
Coloradopatriot_
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Hey no need to justify anything. You have your reasons. There are always exceptions. Have fun!
Heck yes. I intend to do so. Colorado has a very large playground a short drive from my house. Can’t wait to get out next weekend. These jeeps are insanely capable stock, it’s unreal!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Anyone else get overwhelmed when the parts pile up and free time isn’t adding up to get the parts installed?
Yes, that’s when you’ve just got to relax. I’ve got parts slowly accumulating lol. No rush to do the upgrades at the moment. I want to have them installed at the same time.
Sponsored