IMG_1658.jpg
Advertisement

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I used my stock fogs which fit without issue. It’s been a while since I thought about it, but I was concerned that my fogs might not fit. I think there are brackets you can get to make them fit, or aftermarket fogs that would fit if you wanted to go that route. If you search the forums you can probably find some discussions. If you can’t find it I can try to look later when work isn’t so busy.

It’s so odd to me that there are different light options depending on trim level... You would think they would want to keep things simple.
for this MP concepts bumper - did you have the stock LED from rubi plastic bumper?

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
for this MP concepts bumper - did you have the stock LED from rubi plastic bumper?
They were stock LEDs out of the plastic bumper, but it’s a Willys, not a Rubicon. Not sure if there’s a difference between them.

Slickrickmotoadv

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
I have a RockHard 4x4 Front Aluminum bumper and love it. Thinking about a rear bumper, but have seen various posts regarding the corners of metal bumpers bending in and contacting/damaging the body of the vehicle. Would this be more prevalent on aluminum vs steel bumpers? Considering steel in the back if this might be a factor.

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I have a RockHard 4x4 Front Aluminum bumper and love it. Thinking about a rear bumper, but have seen various posts regarding the corners of metal bumpers bending in and contacting/damaging the body of the vehicle. Would this be more prevalent on aluminum vs steel bumpers? Considering steel in the back if this might be a factor.
I have the rockhard rear bumper in aluminum. It has taken a few pretty decent hits already, and nothing to show but some scratches.
The mopar bumpers are pretty well known for contacting the body which is why I did not go that route.
One problem with the rockhard rear however is the lack of a tire cutout. This is great for keeping the license plate, and I actually like the look, but you need to get a different tire carrier.
Even with stock 33's, it is not even close. The teraflex Alpha is closer but still does not work. I went with the Rough Country relocation bracket designed for rear sensors. I do not have sensors, but it raises the stock carrier up 4.75" which was enough for 33's and also for 35's. However.... Adding the 35's you could really see it was a lot of weight on the tailgate so now I am in the process this weekend of putting the Rusty's carrier on. It is involved, but it seems like it will be an awesome piece.
So hopefully 3rd time will be the charm for a tire carrier.:headbang:
Rockhard sells a carrier as well, but I wasn't too keen on the looks. Also, the Rusty's carrier is ecoated which help here in New England.

Advertisement

Rock Krawler

Advertisement