Sponsored

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I used my stock fogs which fit without issue. It’s been a while since I thought about it, but I was concerned that my fogs might not fit. I think there are brackets you can get to make them fit, or aftermarket fogs that would fit if you wanted to go that route. If you search the forums you can probably find some discussions. If you can’t find it I can try to look later when work isn’t so busy.

It’s so odd to me that there are different light options depending on trim level... You would think they would want to keep things simple.
for this MP concepts bumper - did you have the stock LED from rubi plastic bumper?

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
for this MP concepts bumper - did you have the stock LED from rubi plastic bumper?
They were stock LEDs out of the plastic bumper, but it’s a Willys, not a Rubicon. Not sure if there’s a difference between them.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
I have a RockHard 4x4 Front Aluminum bumper and love it. Thinking about a rear bumper, but have seen various posts regarding the corners of metal bumpers bending in and contacting/damaging the body of the vehicle. Would this be more prevalent on aluminum vs steel bumpers? Considering steel in the back if this might be a factor.

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I have a RockHard 4x4 Front Aluminum bumper and love it. Thinking about a rear bumper, but have seen various posts regarding the corners of metal bumpers bending in and contacting/damaging the body of the vehicle. Would this be more prevalent on aluminum vs steel bumpers? Considering steel in the back if this might be a factor.
I have the rockhard rear bumper in aluminum. It has taken a few pretty decent hits already, and nothing to show but some scratches.
The mopar bumpers are pretty well known for contacting the body which is why I did not go that route.
One problem with the rockhard rear however is the lack of a tire cutout. This is great for keeping the license plate, and I actually like the look, but you need to get a different tire carrier.
Even with stock 33's, it is not even close. The teraflex Alpha is closer but still does not work. I went with the Rough Country relocation bracket designed for rear sensors. I do not have sensors, but it raises the stock carrier up 4.75" which was enough for 33's and also for 35's. However.... Adding the 35's you could really see it was a lot of weight on the tailgate so now I am in the process this weekend of putting the Rusty's carrier on. It is involved, but it seems like it will be an awesome piece.
So hopefully 3rd time will be the charm for a tire carrier.:headbang:
Rockhard sells a carrier as well, but I wasn't too keen on the looks. Also, the Rusty's carrier is ecoated which help here in New England.

Sponsored

ducati2v

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKUR
C59B802A-F1AF-4253-A034-25A63669A208.jpeg

Here’s my MP Concepts aluminum version of the rubicon steel bumper.
What type of grille guard do you have? I don't see one included with the MP front bumper on ET, at least not now. Is yours a factory Mopar part?

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Here is the Barricade Alloy 3/4 bumper. I was not a fan of the stubby bumpers they simply do not provide much on road protection, great if you are a rock climber but that is about all they are good for. Full width bumper create issue for larger tires and the whole point of Alloy is to reduce weight. I found the barricade Allo 3/4 bumper and it is a great mid size bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! All Lights on

Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Here is a good view of the rear RockHard with the tire carrier installed. The tire carrier gave me a place to store my jack and I installed LED lights (tied into my reverse) in the holes for the backup sensors so I would have more light.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! All Lights on
With this picture it looks like your spare is at about stock height, hanging well below the bottom of the tailgate. Since the RockHard Patriot rear bumper doesn't have a cutout for the spare, your spare must be stuck out a good distance from the tailgate. How far does it stick out?

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
@AVGeek99, I did not have a tape handy but as you can see it is not very far out.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! PXL_20220117_174707813

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! PXL_20220117_174727181

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AVGeek99, I did not have a tape handy but as you can see it is not very far out.

Thanks for posting the pics!! That's not sticking out near as far as I was expecting. Also looking at the bumper it looks like it doesn't stick out near as far as most other bumpers. How far out from the body is the back edge of the bumper?

I have the Teraflex Alpha HD spare tire mount. It moves in and out to handle wheels of varying backspacing. I may be able to pull it out far enough to make clearance for the Patriot bumper.

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Thanks for posting the pics!! That's not sticking out near as far as I was expecting. Also looking at the bumper it looks like it doesn't stick out near as far as most other bumpers. How far out from the body is the back edge of the bumper?

I have the Teraflex Alpha HD spare tire mount. It moves in and out to handle wheels of varying backspacing. I may be able to pull it out far enough to make clearance for the Patriot bumper.
*Warning*.... I had this exact combo because I THOUGHT it would work great... it does not. The Rockhard 4x4 bumper with no cutout and the Teraflex Alpha tire carrier do not work with each other. At least not for a stock Rubicon tire and rim. No matter how I adjusted it, it was hitting the bumper so much that I could not even get the lug nut on the bottom stud.
I love the bumper, so I sold the Teraflex carrier (at a pretty big loss) went with a Rough Country Spare tire relocation plate (the one for rear sensors raises the tire enough to clear the bumper but it was really high up) and eventually bought a Rusty's offroad carrier/hinge replacement that is an awesome piece. Just letting you know, unfortunately that combo will not work in most (if not all)cases.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*Warning*.... I had this exact combo because I THOUGHT it would work great... it does not. The Rockhard 4x4 bumper with no cutout and the Teraflex Alpha tire carrier do not work with each other. At least not for a stock Rubicon tire and rim. No matter how I adjusted it, it was hitting the bumper so much that I could not even get the lug nut on the bottom stud.
I love the bumper, so I sold the Teraflex carrier (at a pretty big loss) went with a Rough Country Spare tire relocation plate (the one for rear sensors raises the tire enough to clear the bumper but it was really high up) and eventually bought a Rusty's offroad carrier/hinge replacement that is an awesome piece. Just letting you know, unfortunately that combo will not work in most (if not all)cases.
I understand that it won't work with the stock Rubicon wheel/tire combo. But I don't have the stock wheel/tire. The stock Rubi wheel is 17x7.5 with 44mm offset, which equates to 6" of backspace. My wheel is 17x9 with -12mm offset, which equates to only 4.5" of backspace. So my wheel has 1.5" additional clearance vs the stock Rubi wheel.

At this point I'm not certain if there would be enough clearance or not, but judging by @dapipp's pictures it just might. The Patriot rear bumper is clearly not as deep as most rear bumpers. This is evidenced by the factory hitch mount that appears to be sticking out 1-2" from the back edge of the bumper. If I were to adjust the Alpha HD tire carrier and extend the spare out as far as it will go, there may just be enough clearance.

If I knew the distance from the body to the back edge of the bumper I'd be able to determine pretty quickly if I would have enough clearance.
Sponsored