First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
LE
Rival front bumper. Definitely takes a while to build but satisfied with its mounting options. Wish they made a mid-width with light mounts on the ends. Hoop is strong enough to stand on and then some.

4BB31021-6413-4587-9D78-9DFFA5EFA85C.jpeg

AF6C21BA-79A8-4D43-8496-55488BAA0918.jpeg

975EB192-C3D1-43A3-ACBA-425AC86A86DF.jpeg

8086A4C8-C73F-4444-9BDD-26D36518F8CA.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Very nice set up!

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
Did you have a chance to install the bumper? Go ok?
Unfortunately not, I rent out my cars and the jeep got rented for a month so I won’t be able to install anytime soon. Also I just finished repainting the whole bumper because it was all scuffed up. Ill post pics when I install it

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71
I actually scanned them for another user a little while back, so yes I do. But beware, they’re not the greatest...
That’s interesting, on extreme terrain’s website they say the ends can’t be removed like the steel Mopar version. Clearly they can be. Or did you mod it somehow?

Sponsored

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
That’s interesting, on extreme terrain’s website they say the ends can’t be removed like the steel Mopar version. Clearly they can be. Or did you mod it somehow?
The website is wrong. I asked the same question of their online support before I bought it. No modification necessary.

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
Why would I want an aluminum bumper? Aluminum is softer than steel and is probably not as durable. Are the weight savings really that big of a deal? Other than weight, what are the advantages of aluminum?

Give me a steel bumper any day of the week.
So many parts of the JL are already aluminum. The major advantages are weight and corrosion resistance.

when you cantilever a large weight up high and out in front of the forward axle you are really putting a strain on your suspension components. This effects bump steer (death wobble) among other common complaints with lifted Jeeps in general. The location of that weight will also affect your braking as the vehicle will love to nose dive even further. I feel that most of us daily our Jeeps and therefore those to issues are of greater importance than most give weight to (pun intended).

I don't live where they salt the road but I do live close to the ocean and steel bumpers, even very well coated ones, will rust fairly quickly. So buying a steel bumper in that sense is kind of like throwing money away in my opinion.

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
When I started watching this thread (day 1) I thought I was going to see a lot Genright bumpers, not seeing that many. Is there a particular reason I'm not seeing that many? Everyone's contributions to the thread are only making the decision a little harder, please keep them coming as I keep seeing options that I wasn't aware of.
I also went Genright. I bought the metal skids but haven’t installed those yet, they require drilling holes in the bumpers to mount. I used self etching primer and painted the Aluminum black. I’ve had high scratch area items powder coated in the past and not been any happier w powder coat than paint.

The front bumper went on easily and without any grinding or drama. I went with the full version that protects the stock sway bar disconnect stuff. Winch fit just fine.

The back bumper was difficult and I’m not done yet as the bumper doesn’t come w the parts needed to mount the backup sensors and the optional rear support brackets were delayed, I just got them. I may have to grind the frame a bit if I want the bolts on top to line up.

The bumpers are light and beautiful. They fit tight, especially the rear. I would have liked a bit more installation detail given the cost, but every time I call Genright they pick up the phone and are very supportive.

Offtopic but I went with CavFab tire carrier over Genright because I don't want to double action opening the rear door, I hated that about my JK. The CavFab carrier is very heavy, negating a bit of the value of my Aluminum bumper but a very solidly built product.

Also slightly off topic but Genright did not recommend their Aluminum sliders if "you are going to wheel the thing offroad" because with the JL light body they are having problems. Genright recommended their JL/JK frame mount metal sliders, I went with LOD instead, possibly regret it as they sit lower than I would prefer.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 20210516_170611 (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 20210524_183739

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also went Genright. I bought the metal skids but haven’t installed those yet, they require drilling holes in the bumpers to mount. I used self etching primer and painted the Aluminum black. I’ve had high scratch area items powder coated in the past and not been any happier w powder coat than paint.

The front bumper went on easily and without any grinding or drama. I went with the full version that protects the stock sway bar disconnect stuff. Winch fit just fine.

The back bumper was difficult and I’m not done yet as the bumper doesn’t come w the parts needed to mount the backup sensors and the optional rear support brackets were delayed, I just got them. I may have to grind the frame a bit if I want the bolts on top to line up.

The bumpers are light and beautiful. They fit tight, especially the rear. I would have liked a bit more installation detail given the cost, but every time I call Genright they pick up the phone and are very supportive.

Offtopic but I went with CavFab tire carrier over Genright because I don't want to double action opening the rear door, I hated that about my JK. The CavFab carrier is very heavy, negating a bit of the value of my Aluminum bumper but a very solidly built product.

Also slightly off topic but Genright did not recommend their Aluminum sliders if "you are going to wheel the thing offroad" because with the JL light body they are having problems. Genright recommended their JL/JK frame mount metal sliders, I went with LOD instead, possibly regret it as they sit lower than I would prefer.

Looking good! and thanks for the info! :rock:

Sponsored

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
Looks like you have the factory front trail camera, does the bull bar get in the way of the picture any?
Looks like you have the factory front trail camera, does the bull bar get in the way of the picture any?
Hey there. The Bull bar is certainly in the photo, and a bit of the bumper too, but I think it's manageable.
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 20210601_104311

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Hey there. The Bull bar is certainly in the photo, and a bit of the bumper too, but I think it's manageable.
That's not bad at all, I was picturing it a lot worse. Appreciate the photo!

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool. Jealous of the front camera!
By the way - is that a JK photobombing a forum about JL's!!??