ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them!

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
When I started watching this thread (day 1) I thought I was going to see a lot Genright bumpers, not seeing that many. Is there a particular reason I'm not seeing that many? Everyone's contributions to the thread are only making the decision a little harder, please keep them coming as I keep seeing options that I wasn't aware of.
Sponsored

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
I think it depends on why you want an aluminum bumper. I tow and wheel so I wanted to shed weight but not have a traditional tow point attached (too low to the ground and no recessed winch) to the frame. I also promised my better half that the JL would still look nice and not need a stirrup to get up into it.

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
When I started watching this thread (day 1) I thought I was going to see a lot Genright bumpers, not seeing that many. Is there a particular reason I'm not seeing that many? Everyone's contributions to the thread are only making the decision a little harder, please keep them coming as I keep seeing options that I wasn't aware of.
Agreed, I expected Genright to dominate, not have a poor showing with significant fitment issues!

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Agreed, I expected Genright to dominate, not have a poor showing with significant fitment issues!
Agreed, that was super informative and disappointing at the same time. Dadjokes, thanks for you post, was hard to swallow as this is the setup I was looking into, but the information was great. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sponsored

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just installed my Genright bumper and 10+ year old Warn 9.5ctis winch. Love it!

Probably going to get it powder coated black at some point.... Well see how I like it as is for a while....

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 20210507_140738
How did the install go? Amount of grinding on the winch and bumper? Was it as difficult as previous posts in this thread?

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
How did the install go? Amount of grinding on the winch and bumper? Was it as difficult as previous posts in this thread?
The only cutting I had to do was cutting off the frame horns because I got that Ultra Clearance version of the bumper. The normal version does not require you to cut those off.

The 9.5cti winch fit perfectly with no grinding to the bumper or winch.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Any responses? I'm interested in that same bumper. I got a really good deal on the Brute Strength sliders and so far have been happy with the fit, finish, look and "strength".
I had the Quadratec bumper on my previous Jeep (2018 Sahara). I wish I would have taken it off before I traded it on my 2020 Rubicon.
It’s a great bumper. The bull bar has an opening on the backside where you can route wires nice and clean. Comes with the Winch plate. The finish was very durable and the ends cut perfectly for off road clearance. Total weight was probably 40 or 50 lbs.
This is definitely the one I’ll be buying again for my Rubicon.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 886C0BD2-775B-4227-A528-C0C7EBED957D
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! ED8870C7-38F3-43FA-B0B0-978EAACD4FE0

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Another angle, from higher up. More than enough clearance to the grill, and all parts of the bumper. The 9.5cti's are more compact winches than some of the newer models though.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! ED8870C7-38F3-43FA-B0B0-978EAACD4FE0
Looking good! Thanks for the info

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the Quadratec bumper on my previous Jeep (2018 Sahara). I wish I would have taken it off before I traded it on my 2020 Rubicon.
It’s a great bumper. The bull bar has an opening on the backside where you can route wires nice and clean. Comes with the Winch plate. The finish was very durable and the ends cut perfectly for off road clearance. Total weight was probably 40 or 50 lbs.
This is definitely the one I’ll be buying again for my Rubicon.

Very nice!

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well now the waiting game starts! Placed order for Rockhard 4x4 aluminum Patriot stubby front, and aluminum Patriot rear, along with a Warn VR Evo 10S. Can't wait!! Just hope it gets here by July. Going to Killington Vermont Jeep Jamboree. Always a good time.:rock:

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary

Here’s my MP Concepts aluminum version of the rubicon steel bumper.
Would you happen to have the instructions for your mom concepts? I got mine used and didn’t come with instructions :(

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Would you happen to have the instructions for your mom concepts? I got mine used and didn’t come with instructions :(
I actually scanned them for another user a little while back, so yes I do. But beware, they’re not the greatest...

Attachments

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
I actually scanned them for another user a little while back, so yes I do. But beware, they’re not the greatest...
Wow thanks a lot man! Something is better than nothing lol
Sponsored