Sponsored

ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them!

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
So I know there are tons of threads on bumpers! But they all seem to get over run with too many different types of bumpers.
So for this thread let's see ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Would prefer to see sets (front and rear matching from same company, same series, etc.) but all aluminum bumpers are welcome to join in haha.
I am having a real hard time deciding on bumpers and hoping this might help to narrow it down for me and others who want to keep the weight down on their rigs. And at the same time it is an opportunity to show off that expensive bumper or bumper(s) you bought!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 20200312_214515

Here’s my MP Concepts aluminum version of the rubicon steel bumper.
Very interesting. I did not know that even existed. Looking good!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rival - Very happy with them. Finish is good and fitment was spot on.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 20200312_214515
Awesome thank you for sharing. Looks good! Rival has been on my short list.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much are you guys paying for your aluminium bumpers? The cheapest I can find is a rampage stubby for nearly $600! https://amzn.to/3si6AE7
Second cheapest is rival rear bumper for even more! $800 https://amzn.to/3cYPcxL
Then it goes up to a freaking thousand for an aries stubby with winch plate https://amzn.to/3rfN7T9
Yeah, aluminum is certainly not the cheapest answer, but for longevity where I live I am hoping it holds up better than most steel ones would. (lots of salt and sand here in the winters) and also looking to keep the weight as light as possible, so I am willing to go a little further in debt for it! Haha

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
How much are you guys paying for your aluminium bumpers? The cheapest I can find is a rampage stubby for nearly $600! https://amzn.to/3si6AE7
Second cheapest is rival rear bumper for even more! $800 https://amzn.to/3cYPcxL
Then it goes up to a freaking thousand for an aries stubby with winch plate https://amzn.to/3rfN7T9
Came to roughly $800 total for mine, winch plate included. Here’s the Link. They seem to do open box items frequently too. There’s one up there right now that has a few scratches and missing installation hardware.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Came to roughly $800 total for mine, winch plate included. Here’s the Link. They seem to do open box items frequently too. There’s one up there right now that has a few scratches and missing installation hardware.
Damn looks so good, but the end caps really ruin it for me. I wish someone would make a rubicon front bumper that's a solid piece, because those end caps don't protect your tires against anything but a shopping cart.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
That's pretty neat, on ET I read some negative stories that the packaging for this bumper is not adequate, resulting in nicks and scratches. How was your experience?
https://www.extremeterrain.com/mp-c...-forged-aluminum-front-bumper-j134510-jl.html
My experience was not bad, but not quite 100%. My skid plate had some scratches on it which I thought I might argue with ET about. At the end of the day, it was on the back of the skid plate... out of sight out of mind I guess.

Given the # of open boxes I see on there for this product, mostly for scratches and damage like that, I think they must do a lot of returns or exchanges.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Rockhard mid width. Warn Evo 10s (from Rockhard). KC 100 Slimlites.

365C856A-B489-4731-80C9-2B45DE03E53E.jpeg

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rockhard mid width. Warn Evo 10s (from Rockhard). KC 100 Slimlites.

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 365C856A-B489-4731-80C9-2B45DE03E53E
Looking good! Yes, Rockhard is also on the short list. The only stike against rock hard ( and only my opinion) is the fact that you have to do something with the tire carrier to use their rear bumper. If their rear bumper had the tire cutout, I am pretty sure I would have already placed an order with them for both front and rear. Really dig their mid width front front though:like:

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Looking good! Yes, Rockhard is also on the short list. The only stike against rock hard ( and only my opinion) is the fact that you have to do something with the tire carrier to use their rear bumper. If their rear bumper had the tire cutout, I am pretty sure I would have already placed an order with them for both front and rear. Really dig their mid width front front though:like:
I haven't decided on a rear bumper yet, either. The RockHard one looks great and the installation process on the front one was superb, so I'm leaning toward sticking with them despite having to also buy the tire bracket for $129.
Sponsored