ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them!

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
Do you know how much that bumper weighs?
I do not, but the bumper itself felt lighter than the plastic bumper it replaced. The winch plate was fairly heavy and the winch itself was very heavy, not sure you can get away from that if you want a winch.
Sponsored

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I finally got it out on and everything. Well and easy. I’m just curious what fog lights did you use? They didn’t the Sahara led ones I had
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 629C721A-1B26-4B9A-8029-273EAAD84C94
I used my stock fogs which fit without issue. It’s been a while since I thought about it, but I was concerned that my fogs might not fit. I think there are brackets you can get to make them fit, or aftermarket fogs that would fit if you wanted to go that route. If you search the forums you can probably find some discussions. If you can’t find it I can try to look later when work isn’t so busy.

It’s so odd to me that there are different light options depending on trim level... You would think they would want to keep things simple.

Narb16

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl 80 anniversary
I would’ve thou
I used my stock fogs which fit without issue. It’s been a while since I thought about it, but I was concerned that my fogs might not fit. I think there are brackets you can get to make them fit, or aftermarket fogs that would fit if you wanted to go that route. If you search the forums you can probably find some discussions. If you can’t find it I can try to look later when work isn’t so busy.

It’s so odd to me that there are different light options depending on trim level... You would think they would want to keep things simple.
i would’ve thought Its one type of fog led light. I’ll look into it thanks boss

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Well now the waiting game starts! Placed order for Rockhard 4x4 aluminum Patriot stubby front, and aluminum Patriot rear, along with a Warn VR Evo 10S. Can't wait!! Just hope it gets here by July. Going to Killington Vermont Jeep Jamboree. Always a good time.:rock:
I was looking hard at the Rockhard stubby, will keep an eye out for your post!

Sponsored

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

How thick is the aluminum?

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I was looking hard at the Rockhard stubby, will keep an eye out for your post!
Everything just came in the other day! So hopefully this weekend I will get most of it installed.
I did receive the wrong front stubby though. I ordered the one with the integral skidplate. However, the box was mislabeled and I received the one that you have to add a skid plate to. The wait for the correct one was too long, so they are sending me the skid plate for the one I received. Slightly heavier than I wanted, but actually looks like it will be better ground clearance so it should all work out.
I will post pics when done:like:

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
How thick is the aluminum?
I know this answer is nearly useless but: not very thick. I don’t think this will be the best bumper for extreme conditions.

I’ll try to get some measurements soon so that this answer can be a little more useful.

Sponsored

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I know this answer is nearly useless but: not very thick. I don’t think this will be the best bumper for extreme conditions.

I’ll try to get some measurements soon so that this answer can be a little more useful.
No worries. That's about all the info I needed. I like the look of the stock steel bumper but the weight savings of aluminum seemed nice. The GR and other aluminum options are a bit square for my liking.

PanamaJl

First Name
JeepJLPanama=IG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj on 42s - JlU Rubicon on evo 3.5 lift with km3 37x12.5r17
Hey everyone! I have rockhards aluminum mid width and genright tire carrier…still deciding a rear bumper
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! CF33C9C1-F52B-4C50-889E-99BAC74F2A1C
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! C34FC883-1428-4E07-953A-66B202529D07

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So not the best pics yet and it is not done yet. I have since taken the logos off the front (sorry Rockhard but I payed you plenty so I don't need to also give you free advertising too;))
Just fyi - if anyone is wondering if the Teraflex Alpha tire carrier will work with the Rockhard aluminum rear bumper (which does not have a tire cut out) the answer is a strong NO! Not even a stock Rubicon tire fits with it set in the highest position. So back to the drawing board on that, and if everything works out the way I am hoping it will, there will be a brand new Teraflex Alpha tire carrier for sale. Installed, but never used!!! Haha.
anyway -
Thank you to all those who have contributed so far to this thread and the few others I started while on my infinite bumper search, it has been very helpful, and I hope they keep going.
Hope to get some better pics later when it is "done" haha like that will ever happen:facepalm:
First pic is just to show what I came up with to hold the spacers for the two outer bolts. At least on the stubby version, for me anyway - unless you have ET fingers you are not getting that in there once the fogs lights are in. The others you can do normal.
Overall, the Rockhard quality is absolutely top notch, but I will say that their hardware leaves something to be desired. I made it all work, but unless you have a good inventory of spares be prepared for a hardware store trip or two. Two out of the four parts I ordered were missing some hardware, and in general there needed to be additional washers, etc. to make it a good quality install. Well that is way too much reading so just check out the pictures!
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! IMG_1596
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! IMG_1599
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! IMG_1604

Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! 55CC09B0-87DB-4DE2-A082-E863C3881950
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! IMG_1593
Jeep Wrangler JL ALUMINUM bumpers ONLY. Let's see them! IMG_1594

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
So not the best pics yet and it is not done yet. I have since taken the logos off the front (sorry Rockhard but I payed you plenty so I don't need to also give you free advertising too;))
Just fyi - if anyone is wondering if the Teraflex Alpha tire carrier will work with the Rockhard aluminum rear bumper (which does not have a tire cut out) the answer is a strong NO! Not even a stock Rubicon tire fits with it set in the highest position. So back to the drawing board on that, and if everything works out the way I am hoping it will, there will be a brand new Teraflex Alpha tire carrier for sale. Installed, but never used!!! Haha.
anyway -
Thank you to all those who have contributed so far to this thread and the few others I started while on my infinite bumper search, it has been very helpful, and I hope they keep going.
Hope to get some better pics later when it is "done" haha like that will ever happen:facepalm:
First pic is just to show what I came up with to hold the spacers for the two outer bolts. At least on the stubby version, for me anyway - unless you have ET fingers you are not getting that in there once the fogs lights are in. The others you can do normal.
Overall, the Rockhard quality is absolutely top notch, but I will say that their hardware leaves something to be desired. I made it all work, but unless you have a good inventory of spares be prepared for a hardware store trip or two. Two out of the four parts I ordered were missing some hardware, and in general there needed to be additional washers, etc. to make it a good quality install. Well that is way too much reading so just check out the pictures!

Looks great! I'm a fan of the spare delete...it saves you almost 80 lbs. I have the Artec.

OP
OP
rubiRI77

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! I'm a fan of the spare delete...it saves you almost 80 lbs. I have the Artec.
Thanks, I really like the spare delete too, but with the two door, I need all the room I can get inside, so it will be back on the outside soon.
Sponsored