AEV ProCal SNAP

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Sounds like a stupid question but how do you lift the locking tabs on both sides of the obd2?
Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a stupid question but how do you lift the locking tabs on both sides of the obd2?
Small screw driver or ice pick

bigsteiner5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2016 Chevy suburban 1995.5 s6
Occupation
Project manager
Sorry to bump an old thread but I just had a question about the snap. Is there any way to unpair/Unmarry the snap from my vehicle if I wished to sell it? I’m going back to my stock wheels and have no use for it. I set it back to my stock settings but how can I inmarry it?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Sorry to bump an old thread but I just had a question about the snap. Is there any way to unpair/Unmarry the snap from my vehicle if I wished to sell it? I’m going back to my stock wheels and have no use for it. I set it back to my stock settings but how can I inmarry it?
No , AEV says it’s married forever. Like the mafia , I guess once your in that’s it. Yes you can get unmarried but the snap is no good in any other port.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Check and double check before pushing in.
So you don’t need to use a dental pick or small screw driver to lift open the top tab of OBDII as instructions state? This is the step that scares me as I’d hate to crack the OBDII.

Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
So you don’t need to use a dental pick or small screw driver to lift open the top tab of OBDII as instructions state? This is the step that scares me as I’d hate to crack the OBDII.
I ended up using a small nail from picture framing kit, worked like a charm.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Not questioning the tool needed. Questioning whether or not I need to break into the top of the OBDII or if I can just click the “1” & “9” wires into the back without doing so.

KellyJ

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unl Sport
Agreed. Check and double check before pushing in.
Newby here. Question on the AEV Pro Cal Snap. following the instructions that say use ports 1 and 9, however, all ports on the OBDII are occupied. Any ideas? 2018 JLU Sport 2.0L Turbo. Thank you for any assistance.

Actually got the answer to this. the first OBDII port we come to is a piggyback OBDII port installed by the dealer with a GPS tracker. which makes sense as this was a dealership program vehicle before I bought it. The one I need is apparently tucked up further under the dash.

Thanks AEV for the quick response to my question!

Last edited:

Ozionjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
can anyone give me some advice as to how to remove the connectors Freon the green side?

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV ProCal SNAP image

Sponsored

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
You don't open it the pins push in from the back. Push until you feel and hear a slight click. The u shape of the pin only fits one way. Make sure you have the right numbered slot as they are a bitch to get back apart once clicked in.
what is the trick to getting the wires into the ports? I got the #1 wire but the #9 wire is fighting me... any tips?

Sarge80

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Jlu sport 80th anniversary
Hey does anyone know how to remove the wires from the connector? I installed the #1 wire top left and #9 bottom left but it won't light up. Maybe I got that wrong? I just can't figure out how to remove them now. Thanks.

PXL_20210110_175912701.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR
I just installed my Procal. Had a couple frustrations, and thought I'd share them so they might help someone else someday.

1) AEV's OBD-II diagram is a little confusing. It helps to know that the pin numbers on OBD-II ports are standardized across all modern vehicles, and pin #16 is occupied with 12v power. On my JLU, #8, directly above #16 is empty. So of the 4 corner pins, #16 is the only one with a wire in it. Pin #1 is kitty-corner across the back of the port from pin #16. Pin #9 is directly below #1, and in the same row as #16. This way you don't have to try and read the very very tiny little numbers.

2) I got the flashing orange light at first. Trouble shooting guides says that means the ProCal Snap doesn't know the Jeep is in the run position. That signal is coming from the green block via the wires. Read somewhere that the cause could be the wires not being pushed in far enough in the back of the port. So I checked, and sure enough, I could pull them both out. Pushed them back in farther, and made sure they clicked into place. I couldn't pull them out.

Still got the flashing orange light. Got my meter out and checked continuity on the wires. I shoved the probe in the backside of the port for each wire to do this. Then I plugged the ProCal back in, and it worked. So the lesson is, the little wires have to be pushed in really really firmly.

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Having a really hard time opening the ODBII “locking tabs on both sides”. I’ve tried small screwdriver and dental pick but I’ve only put several gashes in the plastic tabs but they remain closed. What is the trick here? Can I just shove #1 and #9 in without opening the locking tabs?
Sponsored