AEV Borah wheels on JL

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Such a good looking wheel, if they offered the JL version if machined galaxy black I probably would have gone with those instead of the Savegre II.
Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Anyone running spacers with their JL Borahs? If so what brand and what thickness? I just installed 37s and getting some major rubbing at lock on my lower control arms. I have a Clayton lift btw. Even my 35s rubbed slightly at lock and flexed.

I was hoping to keep the tires as tucked as possible by going with the JL Borahs but it looks like that's not going to happen with the new 37s. I don't feel like going through the hassle and expense of new wheels so spacers it is for now. I know I can remove a wheel and measure the stud and the relief pocket in the wheel but figure I'd ask here first.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone running spacers with their JL Borahs? If so what brand and what thickness? I just installed 37s and getting some major rubbing at lock on my lower control arms. I have a Clayton lift btw. Even my 35s rubbed slightly at lock and flexed.

I was hoping to keep the tires as tucked as possible by going with the JL Borahs but it looks like that's not going to happen with the new 37s. I don't feel like going through the hassle and expense of new wheels so spacers it is for now. I know I can remove a wheel and measure the stud and the relief pocket in the wheel but figure I'd ask here first.
I rub as well. For now, I just don't turn too tight.

Newbomb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
I’m considering the JK Borah at 4.9”BS…or the JL with a spacer.

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted

You could try the JK spec since they are a bit pushed out more with their +4mm offset
I know you mentioned you are trying to avoid buying a new set but they are cheaper. You can probably break even or make a little bit of money selling your JL spec Borahs

Sponsored

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM

Yes I am I have the Accutune stage 4 and I had to use them I believe they are 1.5 Spyder

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
You could try the JK spec since they are a bit pushed out more with their +4mm offset
I know you mentioned you are trying to avoid buying a new set but they are cheaper. You can probably break even or make a little bit of money selling your JL spec Borahs
I hear ya. Unfortunately the Onyx colored wheels are the same price. The JK wheels will push it out .82" compared to the JL wheels. I blame the Clayton arms! Not that it's a bad thing. It's just that they are so damn beefy being made from 2" square tubing!

I'm going to measure the length of the studs this weekend and also measure the depth of the recess in the wheels and figure out the narrowest spacer I can get away with. I'll probably play with the stops as well but I really don't want to sacrifice turning radius if I don't have to.

Sponsored

rkeen81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon/2023 JLU Rubicon 4xe (Hydro Blue

rkeen81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. The diesel, 37s, and 4.63 gears make a great combo. Light years ahead of my previous manual 3.6L JLUR with 4.10 gears.
I've got a 4xe coming. Can't exceed 4.5 on gear ratio. Wondering what the 4xe feels like with 37s and the 4.10.

rkeen81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rkeen81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I drilled out another one today, PITA. Had to tap the thread and replaced all bolts with grade 10.9 black bolts, now it is much less likely to broke, and I dig the black on onyx look.

You can see some of the AEV bolts I get out are already bent, that is how soft they are.

Jeep Wrangler JL AEV Borah wheels on JL PXL_20220629_174753690

Where did you find these black bolts?
Sponsored