Any pics of JL with AEV Borah wheels?

cmmurray77

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I’ve got Borahs and 37” KO2s on my JK. Thinking about keeping the setup for a JL. Anyone with this setup yet? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

atl02wrx

First Name
Erik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2006 Mercedes E55 AMG, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
I can't help, but those are great looking wheels! I've read AEV wheels may have an issue clearing the rear camera. The offset also pokes them out more on a JL than JK.

OP
OP

cmmurray77

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I can't help, but those are great looking wheels! I've read AEV wheels may have an issue clearing the rear camera. The offset also pokes them out more on a JL than JK.
Interesting. I don’t mind the offset part but I definitely don’t want issues with the camera. Thanks.

Ape

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubi
I have AEV Pintlers on my rig have a similar offset as the Borahs (+10mm vs. +4mm). They poke out just a bit... but not bad.

RE: the tailgate and rear camera... The AEV wheel/tire did not touch the rubber bump stop on the tailgate...I was concerned it would not be stable over time. The fitment around the camera was very tight and would work...but it was too tight for my comfort. So I elected to keep the OEM wheel/tire on tailgate, and I simply purchased a spare tire cover.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 JLUR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94
The housing around the camera is plastic and aluminum. I used a dremel on mine to shave it down to fit the bore of my aftermarket wheels. The removable camera shroud will cover it all up.

atl02wrx

First Name
Erik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2006 Mercedes E55 AMG, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
Vehicle Showcase
I have AEV Pintlers on my rig have a similar offset as the Borahs (+10mm vs. +4mm). They poke out just a bit... but not bad.

RE: the tailgate and rear camera... The AEV wheel/tire did not touch the rubber bump stop on the tailgate...I was concerned it would not be stable over time. The fitment around the camera was very tight and would work...but it was too tight for my comfort. So I elected to keep the OEM wheel/tire on tailgate, and I simply purchased a spare tire cover.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg
This looks awesome!! I love the Pintlers, Borahs, and Saltas.

Reactions: Ape

olepete

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg
What size tires are you running? Lift?

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement