ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Have had the AEV 2.5” lift since this past Friday. I was completely surprised by my JL’s new road manners. My JL has always steered and handled quite well on the road. Now, the steering is even tighter and more precise. It soaks up the bumps nicely. On road, the steering wheel only requires a light one handed touch at 75 mph. It tracks dead straight and is much much less affected by the road impurities, now. Responds quickly to steering wheel input. Love it!

Two hundred miles, so far, and loving it. Out on the dirt, today. A 2 week road trip starting in a couple of days.
Looks fantastic @Andy2434 What size tires are you using? Can't quite tell from the pics if you went 35" or 37"
Thanks
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Another 650 miles driven on my new AEV 2.5” lift. With respect to on road performance, I can without any reservations say that it is levels better than my the OEM JLUR set-up, which I had driven over 14K miles for n the past 7 months.

It is smooth and very responsive. No noticeable body roll going through the curves in the high and low deserts. It handled all the road imperfections easily and comfortably. Interstate driving at 75 to 80 mph with a very relaxed hand at the 7 to 8 o’cLock position on the steering wheel.

Very pleased with this lift!

kheidolph

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
@Andy2434
@Therby
@Dr Evil
@ultraJeepBA
@baggio16
@DaJeeper
@KarnaughMI

Have any of you or anyone else with this kit done a "real world" measurement of their front and rear axles yet to see if they are centered left to right with the frame/body? If not, could you be so kind as to check? I know AEV keeps the stock track bar and that should shift it some, so I'm curious what that shift actually is. I'm curious if some us OCD individuals will need to upgrade the track bar at some point in the future to fix that. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
@Andy2434
@Therby
@Dr Evil
@ultraJeepBA
@baggio16
@DaJeeper
@KarnaughMI

Have any of you or anyone else with this kit done a "real world" measurement of their front and rear axles yet to see if they are centered left to right with the frame/body? If not, could you be so kind as to check? I know AEV keeps the stock track bar and that should shift it some, so I'm curious what that shift actually is. I'm curious if some us OCD individuals will need to upgrade the track bar at some point in the future to fix that. ;)

Thanks in advance!
My front is out 7/8” but ingot 3” of lift, still drives great but i need a track bar yes

Rear is 3/8” im not going to worry about that

Sponsored

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
I'm getting about the same as Therby. I actually did a Yeti front trackbar and centered it. I left the rear alone. Will check it again soon as I have about 8-9K miles on the lift so far.

Made several trips from VA to MI and just got back from RI. Rides great ... the gas mileage sucks, but I didn't buy a Prius. :D

-Tom

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
@Andy2434
@Therby
@Dr Evil
@ultraJeepBA
@baggio16
@DaJeeper
@KarnaughMI

Thanks in advance!
Some 1,800 miles driven since the 2.5” AEV lift install. Currently, the lift is 3”. The front axle is off by 1/2”. The rear axle is off by a 1/4”. It’s drives and handles sooooooo well, I may table the remedy for a future consideration.

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
That was my experience with the AEV on my JK - actually closer to 3.5" of lift. Axles were slightly off but I have better things in life to OCD. Left it alone and loving it after 70,000 miles.

Cornfed

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport (totaled). 2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician Ibew
I’m getting the RC 2.5 spacer lift installed this week with factory rims( no backspacing ). Do you think 315-70-17 will fit ok, concerned about fitting and rubbing. Do you not want to do wheel spacers.
I know this is a little late but I had a jl sport and my rims had a +10 offset and 315 ko2s fit without a lift not much room though. I went with the rc kit and they was more than enough room now I have the rc kit on my rubi with the same wheels and tires and they look way small I don’t think I could get them to rub if I tried.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Nice!!! Keep the impressions coming! Deciding on a lift myself, and highly leaning towards this atm. It's between this and metalcloak game changer right now for me, and will be deciding soon

kheidolph

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
@Andy2434
@Therby
@KarnaughMI
@Hayseed_JLUR

Thanks for the response on the centering of the axles. Sounds like a front trackbar will eventually be required but the rear is up for debate. AEV is great and I've been waiting to hear how everyone liked this lift. Sounds like it's unanimous across the board...everyone is happy!

I'll be getting one here shortly. Especially since I finally got a new parking space that has enough clearance for me to fit with the lift.