Sponsored

Adding Sun Sensor and In-Cabin Sensor for Auto A/C

VKMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Thanks for the guide!

I know this thread is old at this point, but anyone happen to still have some spare wires and connectors around? A lot of the parts are now sadly out of stock and one part isn't gonna be in stock until mid 2022.
Sponsored

mbperfection

First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Excellent write-up!! I just upgraded my 2019 JLU Sport from the 5" UConenct3 to the 8.4 with Nav. Also upgraded the HVAC center stack to keep the volume/tuner knobs for the radio. Of course I was disappointed to find out my vehicle didn't have the C2 wiring harness and Infotainment doesn't mention this as a potential issue when ordering the HVAC center stack.

This write-up just saved me a tremendous about of hassle. I've already got the parts on order to build the C2 harness and the HVAC upgrade came with both the sun and In-cabin temperature sensors. My only question is about the dash cap for mounting the sun sensor. Your parts list show this part number 6GD97TX7AB, but when I pulled my dash cap (without the hole for the sensor), it has the exact same part number. Are there two different versions of this part with the same number?
well done !!! people are actually waiting for your videos

Nilos

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Just noticed a temp sensor wiring harness (but not sun sensor) now available at infotainment

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
Just noticed a temp sensor wiring harness (but not sun sensor) now available at infotainment
Their kit doesn't make much sense. Those that don't have the in-cabin temperature sensor ALSO don't have connector C2, nor the wiring to the sun sensor in the dash. The kit seems to provide half of what's needed. Am I missing it?

Sponsored

Tony3876

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone have the pre made wiring harness for the C2 connector, sun sensor and the in cabin sensor for sale.? Having issues finding all the pieces needed to make the harness.

Tony3876

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just made a small purchase from Mouser Electrics. The website reports parts being in stock. I'll update the thread upon arrival.

Jeep Wrangler JL Adding Sun Sensor and In-Cabin Sensor for Auto A/C Connectors
Joshua,

Can you please tell me which pins are for the C2 connector and which ones go in the sensor connector.?

Larock14

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have the sun sensor for the auto headlights. Does this mean I should have the temperature control sensor connector already in the car? I can’t find it. According to the instructions it says if I have the sun sensor I should have it. Thanks

scottdashiell

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Sport
I am interested in buying a harness for the HVAC updrage, if anyone has an extra made up

Sponsored

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
Joshua,

Can you please tell me which pins are for the C2 connector and which ones go in the sensor connector.?
Yes.

Pins for C2 connector:
Mopar No. 13767047 aka Mouser No. 35088746

Pins for (2) sensor connectors:
Mopar No. 13580635 aka Mouser No. 15341542

All items received within days of placing order. Highly recommend Mouser.

Now for the wiring... I've sourced factory 20 ga. TXL wire using the Mopar color coding as found in the HVAC System - ATC manual.

White/Violet: "Auto Headlamps Signal" to C2 "1"
Violet/Blue: "Sun sensor signal 1" to C2 "3"
Violet/Orange: "Sun sensor signal 2" to C2 "4"
Violet/Brown: "Sun sensor ground" to C2 "2"

Blue/Brown: "In-cabin temp sensor signal" to C2 "5"
Blue/Orange: "In-cabin temp sensor return" to C2 "6"
Pink/Yellow: "Fused ignition input"
Black: "In-cabin temperature sensor ground"

Attachments

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
I have the sun sensor for the auto headlights. Does this mean I should have the temperature control sensor connector already in the car? I can’t find it. According to the instructions it says if I have the sun sensor I should have it. Thanks
No. Not necessarily.

Sitting in the Jeep.
There are a few slots cut in the knee panel by your right knee.
The "In-Cabin Temperature Sensor" resides behind those slots.
Remove the panel.
Is the sensor installed or is there an empty hole where the sensor needs to be installed?

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
FYI - If you're willing to give it a try, there are Mopar wiring repair kits that include all of the connectors (based on my research - Mopar Connection Repair Kit (dcctools.com)):
C2 connector: Mopar 68496362AA
Sun Sensor connector: Mopar 68080566AA
Temperature connector: Mopar 68496343AA

RRJeeper57

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door
FYI - I purchased enough wire and connectors to make 5 wiring harnesses to connect the in-cabin temperature sensor, sun sensor, and connect to C2. If anyone is looking for a wiring harness, please IM me.
Do you have any harnesses left, or plans to make more, I need a harness to get my Hvac to work correctly with the new 7 " screen and new climate control module

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
@danny01 I just wanted to thank you for your guide and share what I had to do to get parts in late 2022 for a 2018 Wrangler Sport without an existing harness..

At this point Mouser is out of stock of nearly everything and while I was able to get a C2 connector and pins, the terminal pin crimper I had resulted in pins that wouldn't fit into the connector. So i used another users recommendation and ordered the wire repair kits from Mopar. Overall the connectors are much more expensive than Mouser but I still came out ahead of the Infotainment kit. Here is what I purchased.

• C2 Connector - 68496362AA
  • x2 Sensor Connector - 68496343AA
  • Sun Sensor - 68230114AB
  • Cabin Air Sensor - 55111178AC
  • Instrument Panel Cap - 6GD99TX7AB
  • HVAC Control Panel - 6SX77DX9AA
The HVAC panel I got on eBay for around $150, my part number is for no heated seats and no parking sensors so your part number may be different. Everything else I purchased from a Mopar dealer online, I used Mopar Parts Giant but I recommend you search around for the cheapest price as they do vary a bit. Total cost for connectors and sensors was around $200. I already had heat shrink tubing, crimp connectors, fabric tape and all the related tools and I tapped power from my cigarette lighter as I already had one of the accessories splice kits that Quadratec and others sell. If you feel adventurous you can splice into power from somewhere else. Total cost if you don't have any of the tools and related items will be around $400 so still quite a bit less than Infotainment. I'm also going to try and add auto headlights since in theory all I need is the dash switch. I'll let everyone know how that goes once I do.
Sponsored