Sponsored

Adding Sun Sensor and In-Cabin Sensor for Auto A/C

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
Part ordered. I’ll try it out this weekend.
Parts arrived and after looking at that new wiring harness, it's, unfortunately, not what's needed. This is a HVAC harness, but I suspect the harness that connects the sun sensor, cabin temperature and C2 on the HVAC module is part of the 'Body' Wiring harness, rather than part of the HVAC harness. The trial failed...the part is being returned. We're now stuck...
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Parts arrived and after looking at that new wiring harness, it's, unfortunately, not what's needed. This is a HVAC harness, but I suspect the harness that connects the sun sensor, cabin temperature and C2 on the HVAC module is part of the 'Body' Wiring harness, rather than part of the HVAC harness. The trial failed...the part is being returned. We're now stuck...
As I understand its part of instrument panel wiring harness.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I understand its part of instrument panel wiring harness.
Interesting....wonder how to confirm. A few of the discontinued variants (i.e. 68413040AD can be purchased for ~$125). It may be worth a trial...

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Interesting....wonder how to confirm. A few of the discontinued variants (i.e. 68413040AD can be purchased for ~$125). It may be worth a trial...
Just keep in mind there are more than 10 different part numbers for it depending on the options and 125 is really cheap.
Edit: Looking at sales codes it should have correct plugs. Really tempting as I need it to add heated seats and steering wheel.

Last edited:

jaj6127

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Quick question, can a Flashcal work or is a Tazer JL needed??

Sponsored

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
Theses are the times i really with i had a good friend that worked for Jeep lol. Im sure they have access to a BOAT load more then what they're telling us haha!

jaj6127

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
i apologize upfront for the dumb question. I have a 2019 JLU Sport with the 5" radio. I bought a 7" radio and the climate control unit. My Jeep has the sun sensor already. Does this need to be replaced with the new one that came with my unit?? Also the in cabin temp control piece would I have that already if I have the sport?? I purchased mine from Infotainment and it came with the sensors. Their support team told me I would not have to replace these two sensors and it should work properly. Im not too sure I am getting the right info. Im just trying to figure out exactly where to find the harness that I connect the in cabin sensor to. Thanks. I have never done this before but would like to do this install for myself and not have to hire someone to do it.

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i apologize upfront for the dumb question. I have a 2019 JLU Sport with the 5" radio. I bought a 7" radio and the climate control unit. My Jeep has the sun sensor already. Does this need to be replaced with the new one that came with my unit?? Also the in cabin temp control piece would I have that already if I have the sport?? I purchased mine from Infotainment and it came with the sensors. Their support team told me I would not have to replace these two sensors and it should work properly. Im not too sure I am getting the right info. Im just trying to figure out exactly where to find the harness that I connect the in cabin sensor to. Thanks. I have never done this before but would like to do this install for myself and not have to hire someone to do it.
I believe everything you're asking about would be answered in this document: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/installing-sun-sensor-in-cab-sensor-pdf.298205/

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
This is the first write-up I've done here on the forums so feel free to message me if you have any questions. Ever since Joe added the ability to turn on Automatic Climate Control for those who upgraded to the 7-inch UConnect, there's been many of us who wondered how we could add the missing sensors to make the "Auto" feature work as intended. I've had these sensors installed on my Jeep since April of last year, and it thought I would share on here a detailed guide on how to do it.

Be warned, there's a lot of information on the guide itself so make sure to read all of it thoroughly before attempting anything. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the wording used as to not get confused later on. Basic electrical and wiring knowledge is need to do this install.

The guide covers those of you who have an existing sun sensor on their Jeeps as well as us who have the base model and do not.
How much would you charge to make me some I already have the sensors? I have a sport mine came with one sun sensor from following what u stated I need to change that sensor as well.

Sponsored

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
@danny01, thanks a bunch. The diagram was helpful for me to see how to get the sensor out. Maybe I'm being too nervous, but I had a heck of a time getting that out. I ended up putting the windshield down so I could get the pry tool in behind the back part (closest to the windshield) to pry it up out of there.

But once I got it out, it was very clear from the doc what to do. Easy peasy after that. Thanks again.

vkyolv

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
i'm in the same boat as you. Damn pins are backordered everywhere.

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
OMG I dont even know what do say. went a head and ordered the sun sensor but had never installed it. I looked everywhere under my cabin area and there was no wire to connect the cabin air sensor i bought. Over the last few months I asked several people about helping me make a harness with no luck. Well I was replace the sun sensor and saw that there was 4 wires not 2 like there were on people that did not have the wire so I said im gonna just start looking and digging all under the cabin and next think you know I felt the extra wire. It was the cabin Air sensor wire. I almost passed out. Well Connected everything and it all works like a charm. No more burning and and sweating or freezing and not really being able to adjust the temp correctly. Listen learned double check or tripple check that wire may be hiding.

pUlJvKftQj6wNOfJIDlCQg.jpg

BigD70435

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Anybody Build a harness for the sun sensor and air temp sensor to sell?​