Adding proximity locks retroactively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I spoke with my dealer on Friday and they seem to think that they can get the area engineer to do what is needed to make them work. However they are also telling me that I will need to pay them the regular labor rate for the time of phone calls and such that they will need to make in order make this happen and that is on top of the cost to install all the parts. So at this point I am waiting to talk to them further before I move forward. If I do choose to move forward I plan on doing as much of the work as possible myself.
I'm in NJ.. if this works out please let us know. I have not contacted my dealer yet but knowing if a dealer can do it close by it gives some leverage. Thanks!
Sponsored

ChadR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
IT
Following and hoping for a positive result!

TurboCopter

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT
Can the regional manager not just “add” the sales code like they do for LED headlight package or the 8.4 inch uConnect? I don’t understand what could be difficult about this if the wiring is already there. Sorry if I sound like an idiot. I’m just curious.

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
So an update......I spoke with my service manager again last week and he told me to go ahead and order the parts. I decided to wait till after my BCM got flashed this week to order the parts. I talked to my service advisor about what I was having done that day then again told him that I was going to be ordering the parts for the proximity locks and he gave me a strange look. Apparently he forgot to call me to let me know that he was no longer willing to try and help me with completing the upgrade. Sorry for the bad news. I am very disappointed considering how he was so positive when we started talking about doing this to the total change of attitude that he had yesterday.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
So an update......I spoke with my service manager again last week and he told me to go ahead and order the parts. I decided to wait till after my BCM got flashed this week to order the parts. I talked to my service advisor about what I was having done that day then again told him that I was going to be ordering the parts for the proximity locks and he gave me a strange look. Apparently he forgot to call me to let me know that he was no longer willing to try and help me with completing the upgrade. Sorry for the bad news. I am very disappointed considering how he was so positive when we started talking about doing this to the total change of attitude that he had yesterday.
Thanks for the update.. it was worth a go.

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I "liked" your post @Graceme123 Heather not for the bad news you and the rest of us face as it regards your success at aftermarket proximity locks, but getting back to us, as promised, with the matter's disposition. : - )

Thanks. : - )

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
that sucks. My dealer said they could add the sales code. What is the parts list and part numbers?

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
that sucks. My dealer said they could add the sales code. What is the parts list and part numbers?
There is no sales code, that is the problem, according to my dealership it would require a total rewrite of my jeeps computer and they are not willing to do that. If it was just a sales code it would be easy. I deleted the part numbers since my dealership wasn't willing to do the upgrade for me. Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
I just realized that you have a Sahara so it may just be a sales code for you. I'm sure your dealership should be able to get you the part numbers.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Ok, it's been a while. Anyone have any news whether, sales code based or a future Mopar kit that brings this capability to the Sahara/Rubicon trim?

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Ok, it's been a while. Anyone have any news whether, sales code based or a future Mopar kit that brings this capability to the Sahara/Rubicon trim?
Ben, your post is perfectly acceptable but allow me to assume the mode of "King of the forum" (as if!!!) and make the following pronouncement:

echem-echem (throat clearing) "Here-yee, here-yee, all further posts to this thread shall cease unless said poster has a proof positive method for adding proximity door locks after purchase."

Jokes aside, every time I see a new post here and the thread rising to the top I get excited that a "ureeka moment" has visited one of our forum members to get this to work and that I can copy, only to be let down.

:CWL::CWL:

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Ben, your post is perfectly acceptable but allow me to assume the mode of "King of the forum" (as if!!!) and make the following pronouncement:

echem-echem (throat clearing) "Here-yee, here-yee, all further posts to this thread shall cease unless said poster has a proof positive method for adding proximity door locks after purchase."

Jokes aside, every time I see a new post here and the thread rising to the top I get excited that a "ureeka moment" has visited one of our forum members to get this to work and that I can copy, only to be let down.

I just gave up and stopped locking my doors. :)

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon

The trickery of the "bump" would have been apt for this massive thread!

With a new year, (2020) surely Jeep has something in the works. I mean at this rate making a 4 door to 2 door conversion might be easier.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Mopar cannot or will not release the fix for LED upgrade after purchase. Not even the Mopar LED blinkers work correctly even after the flash.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.