4XE Edition JL Club Thread

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I assumed it was all 4xe that get the blue treatment, but I'm not sure. I don't think making the 4xe blue is any different than making the Rubicon red though. Just my opinion here, but I don't like the red all over the Rubicon. As you mentioned, I understand wanting to make a recognizable element, and some people buy specifically for that sort of thing.
As for me. I really dislike the red panel on the dash and I could do without the red stitching. Just my opinion though, I know some people love it.
Yeah, all those treatments come down to preference in the end. I like blue and red, so I'm down for either (though, like you, I'm not a fan of the "in your face" red dash pieces. And I also like the lower amount of red stitching you get in the Rubicon with cloth which is only the seats that get it, nothing else).

I'm basing a lot of my conjecture on various tidbits I can find strung about the web, as there's nothing that blatantly details what's what - for instance, I noted the interior differences from this page:
https://wrangler4xe-grandwagoneer.com/w4xe/

You can see the two sets of interior images, one definitely being the Rubicon, and the other being probably the Sahara.

And actually if you read the press release on that page above, it looks like the Rubicon is the only model that get's most of the blue:

"Exclusive content identifies the Jeep Wrangler 4xe as the most technologically advanced Wrangler ever. New Electric Blue coloring on the front and rear Rubicon tow hooks stands out against the black bumpers. The unique blue coloring also traces the Rubicon name on the hood, Jeep badge and the Trail Rated badge. Select Easter egg design cues also receive the Electric Blue shade. The black hood decal is outlined in the special color with “4xe” that lets the body color show through."

It makes it sound like the Rubicon is the only one that get's blue tow hooks (which the build sheet clarifies), and might even be the only one that get's the blue Jeep logo and Trail rated badge now that I read that again. And that way it's worded it's hard to tell if they all get the hood decal.

It also states: "Inside, the Wrangler 4xe Rubicon includes unique Electric Blue stitching on the seats and trim ", while also stating that the leather can come in black and saddle - so makes it sound like the blue stitching is in both color seats.

Wish there was more details available.
Sponsored

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
4XE FANS, YOU CAN NOW CONFIGURE YOUR 4XE ON THE RECENT ORDER GUIDE!
Excellent.

So here's something interesting. Went over this a couple times using the new order guide. What am I missing?? Only a little over $1000 more than a same-equipped Sahara 3.6L?

A regular Sahara: (on build and price)
3.6L V6, 8 speed auto
Select Trac (standard on 4xe)
Anti-lock
Dual Top group (body color [body color required on 4xe])
Leather Interior (standard on 4xe)
Uconnect Nav (standard on 4xe)
Alpine (standard on 4xe)
All weather mats
Hardtop headliner
Cold weather Group
Remote proximity keyless
Trailer Tow
Safety Group
LED lighting group (standard on 4xe)
Red Paint

$57,085

Sahara 4xe: ($47,995 + $1495 destination)
Anti-lock ($595)
Dual Top group ($3695)
All weather mats ($165)
Hardtop headliner ($525)
Cold Weather Group ($995)
Remote proximity keyless ($645)
Trailer Tow ($795)
Safety Group ($995)
Red Paint ($245)

$58,145

EDIT: Added the numbers from the order guide

Last edited:
OP
OP
MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Excellent.

So here's something interesting. Went over this a couple times using the new order guide. What am I missing?? Only a little over $1000 more than a same-equipped Sahara 3.6L?

A regular Sahara: (on build and price)
3.6L V6, 8 speed auto
Select Trac (standard on 4xe)
Anti-lock
Dual Top group (body color [body color required on 4xe])
Leather Interior (standard on 4xe)
Uconnect Nav (standard on 4xe)
Alpine (standard on 4xe)
All weather mats
Hardtop headliner
Cold weather Group
Remote proximity keyless
Trailer Tow
Safety Group
LED lighting group (standard on 4xe)
Red Paint

$57,085

Sahara 4xe: ($47,995 + $1495 destination)
Anti-lock ($595)
Dual Top group ($3695)
All weather mats ($165)
Hardtop headliner ($525)
Cold Weather Group ($995)
Remote proximity keyless ($645)
Trailer Tow ($795)
Safety Group ($995)
Red Paint ($245)

$58,145

EDIT: Added the numbers from the order guide
-$7500 for the 4xe by the way. It has the tax credit.

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy
I willing be ordering a Sahara very soon, can't decide between Stingray and White, but I really hope that the blue accents are present on Sahara, including the hood seen in all of the marketing materials.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.....I'm basing a lot of my conjecture on various tidbits I can find strung about the web, as there's nothing that blatantly details what's what - for instance, I noted the interior differences from this page:
https://wrangler4xe-grandwagoneer.com/w4xe/

You can see the two sets of interior images, one definitely being the Rubicon, and the other being probably the Sahara.
That link seems to show Sahara stays white stitching as it is now. The one shot is definitely a Sahara (see attached).
It kinda sucks if you don't get blue in the anything but the Rubicon. If I get one, I want another Sahara, but I want the blue. Granted I trimmed my current Jeep blue, but it would be nice to be factory like that.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread Capture.JPG

Although, I'm hoping the image is inaccurate. They text on it says it comes with the 7" screen, and the one pictured is clearly the 8.4. Hopefully they just grabbed an old stock photo.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
That link seems to show Sahara stays white stitching as it is now. The one shot is definitely a Sahara (see attached).
It kinda sucks if you don't get blue in the anything but the Rubicon. If I get one, I want another Sahara, but I want the blue. Granted I trimmed my current Jeep blue, but it would be nice to be factory like that.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread Capture.JPG

Although, I'm hoping the image is inaccurate. They text on it says it comes with the 7" screen, and the one pictured is clearly the 8.4. Hopefully they just grabbed an old stock photo.
Yeah - and the 8.4"/NAV is standard on the 4xe (at least Sahara and Rubicon) according to the build sheets. The build sheet is not specific enough on the stitching or the emblems to help understand those - but the build sheet does specifically call out that the Rubicon is the only one with the blue tow hooks.

Plus, I've seen variations of the "Wrangler Unlimited" sticker - on some shots (and the YouTube video of a Rubicon 4xe being built in Toledo") it was blue like the other accents, but on the current Jeep sites, it's just black.

As for the hood decal, unsure - it won't be the current one we see here since this one follows the shape of the rubicon hood dome in between the vents - the sahara does not have that hood dome, so the shape would have to be completely different. I saw a thread on here of someone who had a non-rubicon "tester" 4xe a few months ago, and there was no hood decal.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
BREAKING NEWS!!! YOU CAN NOW BUILD A 4XE!!!!
Yeah, I had been watching daily (lol).

One thing I noticed that is different from the order guide is that Chief is listed as an available color (though it's not in the order guide).

Looks like there is no hood decal for the Sahara.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
The wheels shown as standard in the build tool differ from those shown in the Rubi image.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread 1611191648226
vs
Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread 1611191712399

Sponsored

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
The wheels shown as standard in the build tool differ from those shown in the Rubi image.
vs
Yep. The wheels in the image of the Rubicon while doing the build also match the wheels in the assembly line video from the plant (youtube) and also match the images of the silver Rubicon that is on the main 4xe page as well as in the brochure. The image above of the wheel in the selection column doesn't match anything I've seen anywhere.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I like the pre-production model better! Which is the same one Gazelle posted above.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE Edition JL Club Thread 2021-jeep-wrangler-4xe
I think that's the one that it's coming with. That's the one that was on the 4xe that was being built on the Toledo assembly line in the Youtube video.

Watch at minute 3:14 - though that one in the video does not have a blue jeep avatar like this one does above (which is good for aftermarket and wheel swaps)
Sponsored