Sponsored

392 Specific Lift Kits

Which lift or spacer kit have you installed?

• Clayton Off Road

• MetalCloak Game Changer

• JKS (not currently available for 392)

• Teraflex Spacer Lift

• AEV Spacer Lift

• Staying OEM

• Other - Add a comment below

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
That flex is impressive! Nice set up man. Thank you for posting your pics
Sponsored

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
If anyone is looking for a Teraflex spacer lift, let me know. I stacked 2x .5" spacers front and back. I got some pics earlier in this thread. I recently moved onto the MC GC 3.5 lift so the Teraflex spacers are just sitting in the garage. I'll let them go... cheap!

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Weird. My installer said the bump stop pucks weren't needed, front or rear.
What shocks, wheels and tires are you running? All variables that could influence the number of stops installed. Also, any mods to your fender well or any wheel spacers? What Back Spacing do you have on your wheels?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
More pictures from the shop showing the lift flexing with a few close ups of the springs and shocks.
IMG_0906.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg
IMG_0908.jpg
IMG_0909.jpg
IMG_0910.jpg
IMG_0911.jpg
IMG_0912.jpg
IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0914.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg
IMG_0916.jpg
IMG_0917.jpg
John, that has to be the most thorough description of parts, specs, results (with pics and vids included no less) of any lift install I've ever seen! Wow, thanks for all of this!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Mine's going on Monday....I hope!!
Looking forward to your pics as well, Don. Make sure they install the rear track bar in the right orientation as well as the rear upper control arms. I have to go back to the shop and have them correct these on my install.

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Looking forward to your pics as well, Don. Make sure they install the rear track bar in the right orientation as well as the rear upper control arms. I have to go back to the shop and have them correct these on my install.
Thanks for the heads up....I make sure to high-light those areas in the instructions....fingers crossed they do a good job...

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I'm looking at the MC instructions (page 26), not much information on the orientation of the rear track bar, should the bend of the track bar be pointing up? I see that the adjusting nut is near the frame...

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
I'm looking at the MC instructions (page 26), not much information on the orientation of the rear track bar, should the bend of the track bar be pointing up? I see that the adjusting nut is near the frame...
No. There are a number of areas where the instructions could provide more specific info to alleviate risk of errors like how mine was installed upside down. The rear upper control arms were also installed in the wrong orientation (jam nut near wheel rather than frame side) but it is stated in the instructions to install jam nut side of rear control arms frame side.

Here is a pic of the wrong orientation.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Specific Lift Kits IMG_0912

Just flip so the driver side angles down, then up over the dif.

Sponsored

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Thanks for the info....I printed out a picture of the rear track bar orientation for the installer tomorrow...how did you find out it was the wrong orientation?

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the info....I printed out a picture of the rear track bar orientation for the installer tomorrow...how did you find out it was the wrong orientation?
Someone commented on FB about it. Then I called someone I know with same lift installed at MC and asked for a pic. His was opposite of mine in the pic.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Does Metalcloak use specific 392 springs on their 3.5” kit or are you running just a standard 3.5” Gamechanger?

OP
OP
ozon8r

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Does Metalcloak use specific 392 springs on their 3.5” kit or are you running just a standard 3.5” Gamechanger?
I don’t know the answer but if allowed to speculate would say the kits for the 392 have spring rates adjusted for the added weight. The ride quality is much better than the OEM ride IMO and the ride height on all corners is consistent or even more balanced than the OEM suspension based on my pre and post measurements.

if you are interested in MC, you might call and ask them directly. My springs did have part numbers that I didn’t see on the MC website. Wonder if the 392 kit part numbers are different than the standard JL lift packages, again not sure.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I don’t know the answer but if allowed to speculate would say the kits for the 392 have spring rates adjusted for the added weight. The ride quality is much better than the OEM ride IMO and the ride height on all corners is consistent or even more balanced than the OEM suspension based on my pre and post measurements.

if you are interested in MC, you might call and ask them directly. My springs did have part numbers that I didn’t see on the MC website. Wonder if the 392 kit part numbers are different than the standard JL lift packages, again not sure.
Thanks I’ll probably do that when I get closer to pulling the trigger on a lift. Trying to wait until Cyber Monday. Clayton and MC are on my short list. MC will probably flex better than Clayton but I’ll also have a lot of crap in my Jeep from time to time and Clayton’s stiffer springs and increased lift height caught my eye.
Sponsored