Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
There is. Sirius guardian.

You're suggesting that the sirius guardian app on your phone allows you to get in the Jeep and start it. Just like your fob?

Please know... I'm asking rhetorically.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'm assuming they're talking about Uconnect.

The apps will never replace the fob. Yes you can take your phone out of your pocket and remote start the vehicle. But it won't go anywhere without the fob.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
The way our JL fobs have they key flip thing is the issue making it so wide. If it was like VAG cars where the key is flipped 90° it could be a little less wide.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
One of my favorite options that came with our Jeep is the proximity keyless entry.. which means less times I need to manhandle the fob out of my pants. It also likes to extend the physical key randomly, further ensuring that it is difficult to extract from my pocket LOL.
No kidding! what the heck is the deal with the key constantly unfolding. you almost NEVER use the physical key, why would they make it a hair trigger?

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
No kidding! what the heck is the deal with the key constantly unfolding. you almost NEVER use the physical key, why would they make it a hair trigger?
For self defense purposes so we can have a better deterrent than rape whistles :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL 3 Random Observations on the JLU.... 1596113609878

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roadglider09

Roadglider09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
And a couple of other things- - when the radio is off, the time no longer is able to display on the screen?
And you can no longer upload and view pictures on the radio the way you could with the JK Unconnect?

EJH220

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Rubicon Recon / 20 Aviator / 22 Bronco Sport
Not for long..

Apple Car keys

FCA is member of the group. should be coming to a wrangler in future - https://carconnectivity.org/members/

My wife's Aviator has phone as a key, although I don't trust it yet...:

The all-new Aviator feature Lincoln-first Phone As A Key technology, designed to provide an effortless and seamless experience for clients. This intuitive technology offers an additional option for clients to access and drive their vehicle, allowing them the freedom to enjoy full control of their Lincoln and have one less item to carry around.

How it works:

• Phone As A Key operates using Bluetooth low-energy connection from a compatible and authorized smart phone. While the Lincoln Way app enables certain features using the embedded modem or Wi-Fi, from a distance, the low-energy connection works even in areas where there isn’t a cell signal, like an underground parking garage.
• Aviator is equipped with 11 antennas, which allow for optimized phone detection capabilities. • A backup ignition passcode can be used should clients ever lose their phone or their phone battery dies. For enhanced security, passcodes are set up and stored only in the vehicle. Clients enter a passcode on the standard exterior keypad to gain access to the vehicle, while the backup ignition passcode can be entered on the touch screen to activate the engine and drive.
• If a smartphone is lost or stolen, Phone As A Key can be easily deleted through the Lincoln Way app.
• Passive Entry/Passive Start Solution alerts clients if they forget their phone inside a locked car

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, I am heading to my digs in Newport Rhode Island for a month. Got a friend with a new JT, willing to transport my spare fob for me. He has a real nice, all aluminum, state of the art trailer....
Anyway, my fob is loaded and on the way to RI, as I type...
Jeep Wrangler JL 3 Random Observations on the JLU.... tor-utility-hero-towing-desktop-jpg-image-1440-
Sponsored