First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
What do you think caused this? I had a Pedal Commander start accelerating on me recently it was crazy! All of a sudden the check engine light came on and the Jeep started accelerating. I had to throw it in neutral and hit the brakes. I removed it right then and there. Not saying that is what happened here though. If this is a repost, my bad just delete it.

Looks to me like another case of playing stupid games...

You know the rest. 🙄

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
What do you tell your insurance company? What do the other Jeep owners do, use their own insurance?
If you think about it and really look at just what you can see that's a lot of money in Jeeps and Bolt on`s

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
They must have sent him the Steering Commander instead.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Hard to tell where this happened. Looks it might be like a Chinese license plate.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Looks like a simple case of poor driving to me. If you crash in to my parked jeep you're at fault period. Your insurance still pays. That subject has been beat to death. About the only exclusion written into most policies is competition/racing. You're still covered on dirt roads/ trails. There are numerous posters who rolled their vehicles wheeling and not only was the vehicle covered, the insurance company paid for the vehicle recovery.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
There’s no way this happens to the extent in this video. Every road vehicle ever made has brakes that are much more powerful than the engine.

Literally all you have to do is slam the brakes to stop this. It’s more likely the driver panicked and as is very common, kept pushing the accelerator more thinking it was the brakes.
I agree. A firm foot on the brakes is all it takes (ask Audi).

Sponsored

toothirtyj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Hellayella JL Willys, 3.6L/6MT, 4.10's
Occupation
LE
I'd like to know how many milliseconds it took those bystanders to go from "glad to be alive" to "I'm gonna kill this guy."

The dash cam looks like it was in a 392, and the black one appears to have a 392 hood maybe?

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
I agree. A firm foot on the brakes is all it takes (ask Audi).
Not necessarily. Some Toyota's had unintended acceleration events. One was an off duty police officer. Toyota now programs all cars to observe the brakes over go pedal. Does Pedal Commander over ride Toyota instructions? Does Stellantis have the same computer controls that favor brakes over acceleration?
Sponsored