jjvincent

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
At least there's this site so you can compare. Then you'll realize that we now have off road vehicles that put the 90's supercars to shame. Honestly, we are living in the golden age for ICE when it comes to power an acceleration. Something the muscle car era could only dream of. My Jeep is faster than my old Fiat Abarth, my Alltrack and certainly, my Eurovan. Only thing in the garage that is faster is my wifes X3 M40i. That thing is too fast for what it needs to do.

I do suggest if you can ever do it, drive a Tesla Model S with the Plaid Mode. It is way too fast. Best thing is that just recently, a new one ran just under 9 seconds in a quarter mile. Super way too fast for a street car.
Advertisement

T Town

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Doesn’t the Tesla plaid have to sit and warm the batteries for awhile before you can access the performance? That would make it a party trick and of no use day to day.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Lol a Tesla s plaid is $131k. It ran the 1/4 in just over 9s (9.2s). The guys on roadkill took a 1967 firebird running 9.4s on a 1000 mile road trip to various drag strips as part of drag week.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2015 Cherokee TH, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
2.0 in 5.8 secs in a Jeep or Bronco! Wow, you all gotta give up those funny cigarettes!! JLU's or not, 5.8 seems a pretty good stretch of imagination to me!

The new Bronco's seem to me like a Sport Utility Car" to me! It's a Jeep thing I guess!!!

Go Jeep!!!

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement