DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking for something better than AMSOIL for 20 years, before I started selling AMSOIL, Wix, Mann and Donaldson products. Still haven't found anything. Have you? But I'll keep looking.
And yet another veiled commercial message. Yawn.
Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
And yet another veiled commercial message. Yawn.
Simply answering your question. So I take it you haven't found a better oil either. Welcome to the club!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not trolling. I was asking a legit question.
I do sell it but I was a customer long before. I don't recall very many post about Amsoil by me but thanks for tracking my post for me. Didn't I get LED headlight advice from you?
I'm not as familiar with you, but the tune you're singing certainly is.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I take it you haven't found a better oil either. Welcome to the club!
No need to join your club. Happy with the oil I'm running, which happens to make the base oil for Amsoil.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dan W PM me and I will be glad to give you a great deal and you can try Amsoil for yourself.
I've got a stash of oils that will get me through 100k miles. But thanks for advertis....I mean offering. You are so generous.

I probably would have given Amsoil a run a long time ago if I weren't so turned off by the annoying marketing scheme.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No need to join your club. Happy with the oil I'm running, which happens to make the base oil for Amsoil.
Which of AMSOIL's many base oils, who would that be, and what proof do you have?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
j
And who would that be and what proof do you have?
You know who supplies it. Amsoil is a blender, not a manufacturer.

I've got enough evidence in my own engines over 38 years.

Besides that, there are several that are just as good. They advertise, too, and claim "Unsurpassed wear protection." If they are wrong, then sue them. I've noticed Amsoil has not tried that, so I take that as pretty strong evidence that they are at least just as good.

But they don't bug the hell out of people with their Amway style marketing scheme.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So here's some pretty convincing evidence. This Pentastar was run mainly on Valvoline (Maybe even conventional Valvoline) and some occasional Mobil 1. It made it to 626k miles and looks nice and clean inside with very little evident wear other than the timing chain.

Show me a Pentastar that went further than that on Amsoil. Ball's in your court. Until then, looks like Valvoline lands the first punch.

Checkmate.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What happened to the rapid fire responses? Is that the sound of keyboards clicking in a desperate search through Amsoil's pestering.....er....I mean marketing materials for a Pentastar with more than 626k miles?

I actually hope you find one. Keep looking! I'm sure with that superior oil there MUST be one out there!

Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
j

You know who supplies it. Amsoil is a blender, not a manufacturer.

I've got enough evidence in my own engines over 38 years.

Besides that, there are several that are just as good. They advertise, too, and claim "Unsurpassed wear protection." If they are wrong, then sue them. I've noticed Amsoil has not tried that, so I take that as pretty strong evidence that they are at least just as good.
AMSOIL uses several suppliers, not just one like you state. And it is the blend that makes AMSOIL the best, not just a base oil. Which are the several that advertise and claim "Unsurpassed wear protection". Please provide the several links. AMSOIL has always compared wear protection by brand names, no one does against AMSOIL. So I take that as pretty strong evidence they are not just as good.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I know this is a Jeep thread, but can we talk about something less controversial than oil, like if Biden really won the election or gay marriage?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is a Jeep thread, but can we talk about something less controversial than oil, like if Biden really won the election or gay marriage?
Lol, it is an oil thread, right? I'm just hanging around to see if they can find a Pentastar with Amsoil that can beat that cheap little oil blender from Ashland, Kentucky. I think we'll be waiting awhile. But maybe they'll pull it off!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AMSOIL uses several suppliers, not just one like you state. And it is the blend that makes AMSOIL the best, not just a base oil. Which are the several that advertise and claim "Unsurpassed wear protection". Please provide the several links. AMSOIL has always compared wear protection by brand names, no one does against AMSOIL. So I take that as pretty strong evidence they are not just as good.
From Pennzoil's web site. No need to name Amsoil and give them free advertising. If they are wrong, should be an easy win and some free money for Amsoil, right out of the pocket of one of the big boys.

"#4 – UNSURPASSED WEAR PROTECTION

No Full Synthetic motor oil provides better wear protection than Pennzoil Platinum® and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™. None. That’s because no other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction than Pennzoil Platinum® motor oils.4 Imagine how much that helps your engine."

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And more, from Mobil 1's page on their Annual Protection oil:

"Unsurpassed wear protection to help keep your engine running like new."

Keep digging for that Amsoil Pentastar. Still waiting to see it put the moves on that inferior oil from Valvoline.
Sponsored