3.6 l Engine Oil Type

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Life is short, so be sure to spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the internet. :LOL:
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have to say I've got a kick out of this thread, almost as much as the $12 oil filter thread. But here is what I do know. I have used various synthetic oils over the last 35 years, Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, Pennzoil Platinum, and lately Royal Purple. NEVER have I had a failure due to the oil, or that matter failure period. What can we deduce? This, that using a QUALITY oil and changing regularly will yield a long life for your engine. If you try to sell me snake oil, Justice Brothers I'm looking at you, I'll spit in your eye. As for the Amsoil, if you like mail order over priced oil then have at it skippy, me I'll stick to stuff I can put my hands on local.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
AMSOIL has outperformed Mobil 1 for 45 years in independent standardized oil testing, never disputed by Mobil. Proven 25,000 mile oil changes without a single failure for 50 years. Mobil 1 still doesn't have a 25,000 mile oil after all these years. AMSOIL has never failed to meet claims or tests. Mobil 1 can't say that. Mobil 1 says I should follow my motorhome owner's manual for 3,000 mile oil changes. AMSOIL warranties and used oil analysis proved 15,000 mile changes and recommended going even longer. If you're sure that Mobil 1 AP would make 25k miles in good shape in your engine, why don't you? I'm still waiting on a 72,000 mile interval used oil analysis with Mobil 1 or Valvoline on a Pentastar engine that passes and recommends going even further.
I feel like Captain Kirk talking a computer into self destruction. You just keep spewing and spewing the same tired stuff.

I won't run any oil longer than the car manufacturer's warranty. Why? Because it is FAR easier to get a car company to honor their warranty than it is an oil company. And Mobil 1, like most oil companies, is giving sage advice when saying to follow the manufacturer's warranty. That's just smart. Not at all a statement as to the quality of their oil.

And remember, there's a thread where you were proven wrong about Amsoil never having a warranty claim. They've had at least one. And they didn't pay. So you probably will fine tune the claim to say, "They've never paid out a warranty claim in 75 years." And that would be exactly what I'm afraid of.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl
As for the Amsoil, if you like mail order over priced oil then have at it skippy, me I'll stick to stuff I can put my hands on local.
AMSOIL is available locally or under $5 a quart and shipped overnight. In fact, my local Jeep dealerships stock it.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
AMSOIL is available locally or under $5 a quart and shipped overnight. In fact, my local Jeep dealerships stock it.
Walmart near me don't carry it, nor Autozone, Orielly, Napa, or any other parts store. But then I'm not in FL or CA where I can get sushi at a gas station.

Sponsored

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel like Captain Kirk talking a computer into self destruction. You just keep spewing and spewing the same tired stuff.

I won't run any oil longer than the car manufacturer's warranty. Why? Because it is FAR easier to get a car company to honor their warranty than it is an oil company.

And remember, there's a thread where you were proven wrong about Amsoil never having a warranty claim. They've had at least one. And they didn't pay. So you probably will fine tune the claim to say, "They've never paid out a warranty claim in 75 years." And that would be exactly what I'm afraid of.
AMSOIL has never voided a factory warranty, even with extended oil change intervals. I've never said AMSOIL has never paid a warranty claim. I've said the oil has never failed.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walmart near me don't carry it, nor Autozone, Orielly, Napa, or any other parts store. But then I'm not in FL or CA where I can get sushi at a gas station.
What town do you live in?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not the 25k mile oil you are touting. The $5 stuff is their cheapo oil. How does it do on the Sequence IIIh test? Bet they don't publish those numbers.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
AMSOIL has never voided a factory warranty, even with extended oil change intervals. I've never said AMSOIL has never paid a warranty claim. I've said the oil has never failed.
There was a thread awhile back where they sent a team out to look at a failure in a customer's engine and declined to cover it. There was quite a bit of discussion. Looked pretty clear to me that they didn't back up their claims and let the customer down. Funny you don't remember that. I do. It may have been on Bitog, but I think it was here.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not the 25k mile oil you are touting. The $5 stuff is their cheapo oil. How does it do on the Sequence IIIh test? Bet they don't publish those numbers.
It is AMSOIL's OE, which is equivalent to Mobil 1. It passes Sequence IIIH for API certification.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't think you know if they have or not. You are just spewing marketing material. I doubt you've been behind closed doors with their law firm.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is AMSOIL's OE, which is equivalent to Mobil 1. It passes Sequence IIIH for API certification.
It is NOT the 25k oil. So your answer to the gentleman was misleading, which I think sums up Amsoil's entire marketing strategy.

Have you found that 625k plus mile Pentastar yet that was run on these infamous 25k mile oil change intervals? I'm still looking for that. I'm not interested in the Sequence BS test anymore. I just want to see that engine.

Valvoline 1, Amsoil 0.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Life is short, so be sure to spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the internet. :LOL:
I have Covid boredom. Nothing better to do right now.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is NOT the 25k oil. So your answer to the gentleman was misleading, which I think sums up Amsoil's entire marketing strategy.

Have you found that 625k plus mile Pentastar yet that was run on these infamous 25k mile oil change intervals? I'm still looking for that. I'm not interested in the Sequence BS test anymore. I just want to see that engine.

Valvoline 1, Amsoil 0.
Not misleading at all. He mentioned AMSOIL, not Signature Series. He also mentioned not being interested in 25,000 mile oil. XL and Signature Series would be the better value if you run over the OEM recommended interval. Have you found a 500,000 mile Toyota truck hauling heavy loads over hills using 25,000 mile intervals with Mobil 1 or Valvoline? Or a 72,000 mile change interval passing used oil analysis and recommending even longer in a Pentastar with Mobil 1 or Valvoline?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not misleading at all. He mentioned AMSOIL, not Signature Series. XL and Signature Series would be the better value if you run over the OEM recommended interval. Have you found a 500,000 mile Toyota truck hauling heavy loads over hills using 25,000 mile intervals with Mobil 1 or Valvoline? Or a 72,000 mile change interval passing used oil analysis and recommending even longer in a Pentastar with Mobil 1 or Valvoline?
Misleading. You didn't differentiate when responding to his comment. You knew he was talking about the one you've been pushing the whole time: Signature.

Pentastar. That's what's in my baby. I don't care about a Toyota. Still waiting to see a Pentastar run on Amsoil Signature or any other type you like that has done better than lowly little Valvoline. I don't think you can show me one.

So right now, in the Pentastar, Valvoline is king of the hill. Go ahead. See if you can knock it off.

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.6 l Engine Oil Type 1605318508714
Sponsored