Sponsored

3.0 MODS - Show em off

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a pic of your powder coat oven? I too made one a couple years ago. Used about 2300 pop rivets! I hadn’t yet made the door when this pic was taken.

A6FAAE5C-1BA2-406D-BAF8-0E12BD0DDC7B.jpeg
Bill
Did you make that from some type of plan? I would love to see the airflow routing. I plan on building a bigger one and it will need circulation.
Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Peter,

I did borrow many ideas from these online articles:
https://www.powdercoatguide.com/2014/09/how-to-build-powder-coating-oven.html
https://www.powdercoatguide.com/2014/09/how-to-build-powder-coating-oven-part-ii.html#.XmI-aC9MHmp

I followed that basic construction. There’s an air plenum in the left wall (as viewed from the front) with the inlet near the floor level. The air outlet is in ceiling, flowing directly out of the squirrel-cage fan. The temperature controller is designed and built where I work.

It seems no oven is ever big enough! This one is 72” tall inside. I had planned to fab my own rock rail/steps for the JLUR, but after finding out how long they would be, the oven was a bit short. So I bought rails and will have to fab something else.

Bill

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Can you send a list of exactly what you used for the lift ? I’m looking into a lift for my Diesel until the Mopar one becomes available.
I ordered the 2.5 Terra Flex lift with 2.1 Falcon shocked. I had to add a inch spacer in front. I also had to take plastic bottom bump stop off on front. It rides great. I’m leaving it just like it is. I wouldn’t switch to a Mopar lift.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Peter,

I did borrow many ideas from these online articles:
https://www.powdercoatguide.com/2014/09/how-to-build-powder-coating-oven.html
https://www.powdercoatguide.com/2014/09/how-to-build-powder-coating-oven-part-ii.html#.XmI-aC9MHmp

I followed that basic construction. There’s an air plenum in the left wall (as viewed from the front) with the inlet near the floor level. The air outlet is in ceiling, flowing directly out of the squirrel-cage fan. The temperature controller is designed and built where I work.

It seems no oven is ever big enough! This one is 72” tall inside. I had planned to fab my own rock rail/steps for the JLUR, but after finding out how long they would be, the oven was a bit short. So I bought rails and will have to fab something else.

Bill
Bill,
I checked it out. Looks nice but a lot of work and time. I don't have a lot of time. . Take a look at the fire cabinets. They have a 2" pipe plug to connect a few together and they can be used for air flow but I haven't had time to get to it.

Sponsored

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Does anyone have experience with Tazers? Are you happy that you have one?

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking at pictures and watching videos to check out things I would like to order while I wait for my JLUD to be built. I have noticed that not all Rubicons have a red dash. I thought that was standard on A Rubicon. Why are not all dash es red? I did not see an option to change it when i built it.

vsav8r

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURd, 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 2015 Mercedes G63, 2019 BMW X7, 2015 GMC Sierra HD Denali, 2013 Bentley GTC, 2000 Acura NSX
I have been looking at pictures and watching videos to check out things I would like to order while I wait for my JLUD to be built. I have noticed that not all Rubicons have a red dash. I thought that was standard on A Rubicon. Why are not all dash es red? I did not see an option to change it when i built it.
Depends on the color combination. I’ve ordered the dark saddle interior on Stingray and that will have a silver platinum dash. Black interior on that exterior would have a red dash. Some exterior colors only come with the silver dash regardless of interior color.

Sponsored

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
It's still in progress, we got a bad rear shock from fox and a wrong bracket from Evo. So we'll have to wait until Monday to finish.
That sucks man. Well let me know how it goes. I want to see how it turns out for you before I pull the trigger on the Mopar lift.

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Would anyone mind posting a pic of their fuse box? I found one completely unseated and rattling around and want to make sure I put it back in the correct spot.
Sponsored