Sponsored

3.0 recall?

wingdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Got it as well. Would love to know about how the recall affect DEF consumption. Mine is around 100 mpg which is only at half of the number claimed 😟 .
Sponsored

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
I work in a retail farm-type store, and we currently have plenty. With that said, I buy mine at the truck stop pump. Quick Star.
Complete newbie questions here but do you need an adapter for the truck stop nozzles to fit the Jeep DEF port? Do they auto-shut off when full like fuel pumps?

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Complete newbie questions here but do you need an adapter for the truck stop nozzles to fit the Jeep DEF port? Do they auto-shut off when full like fuel pumps?
DEF nozzle fits right in. I have filled mine so infrequently I can't remember if it shuts off automatically or not. Sorry on that part. Next half fill, I will check. I try to fill the DEF at half just like my fuel.

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
The DEF pumps at Love's Truck stops will auto shutoff when the tank is full. That's been my limited experience (3 fill-ups to date). And Yes, the pump nozzle fits the Jeep port properly.

RTQUL8

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
Just received my Y81 recall notice. I know that this is a software flash, but does it affect the performance at all? Anyone notice any differences after having the recall issue addressed?

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Just received my Y81 recall notice. I know that this is a software flash, but does it affect the performance at all? Anyone notice any differences after having the recall issue addressed?

I have not had the recall on my 22, but some have claimed the def usage seemed to have went down. Might be hard to gauge at this point since has not been long.

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Has anyone seen the recall notices come through on the Jeep app? Or just through the mail?

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
Has anyone seen the recall notices come through on the Jeep app? Or just through the mail?
I noticed mine first on the Uconnect and the Jeep apps and then a few days later I got something in the mail.

Deleted member 59498

Don't think we need it on 2022. Or I have not seen anything on the recall.

On my 2020 I would get postal mail and Jeep alerts online at mopar.com and on the JeepApp on my phone. I didn't have guardian or the emailing with 2020.

Sponsored

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Wondering if anyone had this and noticed a difference in DEF consumption, I got the notice and am holding off on doing it as I am afraid that we are underutilizing DEF. My 21 seems to sip DEF, I am at like 7500 miles and have only had to fill my tank once, I am sure it is close to needing more, but compared to my previous ride, a 2016 Cummins, the ecodiesel barely is pretty easy on the DEF.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
Mine goes in tomorrow for the update. (5-5-22) Mail and Uconnect.

From what I have been able to find, the DEF issue is that it is not regenerating often enough, thus not using as much DEF as it should.

Before you go, "Oh, they want to sell more DEF"..........

I have also read that is actually INCREASES fuel mileage, as it eases the exhaust restriction. Not regenerating often enough causes a little bit of exhaust restriction. Cleaning it out helps.

Not saying it is true, but that is what I have found.

diamondschwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Blue JLUR, 2021 Billet Silver JLURD
I got it today. I’ll keep an eye on mpg and DEF use. I did feel like the Soot percentage reading on my scanguage was a lot more responsive, almost constantly fluctuating where before it was a pretty static number that slowly went up or down.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Looked into this further today, not technically a recall, doesn’t pop on the app or browser when at Mopar.com or on Uconnect, shows up under “campaigns” took a bit of digging, but it’s not safety related so not officially a recall. Not rushing to the dealer to get it done as I may get sucked into a new Jeep! Haha!

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
technically, not a "Recall"; but if you can't get the vehicle registered without it being done, it might as well be a Recall!

Looked into this further today, not technically a recall, doesn’t pop on the app or browser when at Mopar.com or on Uconnect, shows up under “campaigns” took a bit of digging, but it’s not safety related so not officially a recall. Not rushing to the dealer to get it done as I may get sucked into a new Jeep! Haha!
Sponsored