LET'S SEE YOUR 3.0 DRIVTRAIN MODS

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Hardly any of the things you mention are being modified by owners of 3.0L equipped Wranglers.

A very light sprinkling of axles are being modified or swapped out. And I'd bet even fewer have switched up a driveshaft.

IMO there is no tip of the spear on 3.0L drivetrain mods. I guess you'll have to buy a 3.0L, mod it, and then share it here on the forum.....since you're tired of reading about general stuff.

No one is stopping you, be the tip of the spear man.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
I’d love to see that sort of stuff on here, but I don’t think anything has been released yet as far as engine/exhaust mods.

A couple have done axles and other components, lots of lifts and normal stuff like that.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Pickpocket... Before year end you will get a good taste of what you are looking for. Diesel on 60/80’s, Atlas 2-speed, 43’s, etc. parts have been ordered and we are patiently waiting for them. Stay tuned.

Sponsored

Kian

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel Billet Silver
i spoke with banks power earlier this week. they were please to inform me that a "tune" will be available come November. For reference, here's the current line up for our EcoDiesel engine that's currently offered for the dodge ram 1500/ Jeep Cherokee.

https://www.bankspower.com/ag-576.1157-ram-3-0l-diesel.html

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Diesel
Build Thread
Link
I did RCVs and a truss, does that count? I was concerned about the front on 38's.

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel
I did RCVs and a truss, does that count? I was concerned about the front on 38's.
I want to do the same thing to mine, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if it is worth doing on the axles under my sport.

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I want to do the same thing to mine, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if it is worth doing on the axles under my sport.
It depends on what you’re doing. The EcoDiesel has the D44 up front of on all models, just not with the upgrades. I go rock crawling in on trails so for me it was a must, even with the rubicon.
Jeep Wrangler JL LET'S SEE YOUR 3.0 DRIVTRAIN MODS 1610222034448

It’s also worth noting that my ball joints (that connect the knuckles to the axle) are all worn out at 21k miles. Going with Dynatrac rebuildable joints...

Sponsored

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel
It depends on what you’re doing. The EcoDiesel has the D44 up front of on all models, just not with the upgrades. I go rock crawling in on trails so for me it was a must, even with the rubicon.
Jeep Wrangler JL LET'S SEE YOUR 3.0 DRIVTRAIN MODS 1610222034448

It’s also worth noting that my ball joints (that connect the knuckles to the axle) are all worn out at 21k miles. Going with Dynatrac rebuildable joints...
Good to know. I wasn't sure if they were different width being a sport. But if they are the same I'll have some work to do. Do people truss the rear too or mainly just the fronts?

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Good to know. I wasn't sure if they were different width being a sport. But if they are the same I'll have some work to do. Do people truss the rear too or mainly just the fronts?
I’m not sure about the difference in width.

I’ve seen rear trusses before, but I don’t think it’s needed until some aggressive off roading happens. For example, I’m still on all stock rear axle components on mine. Stock driveshafts as well. Keep in mind, I really take it easy... When I break something in the rear, I’ll replace it with something stronger. I’ll most likely break an axle shaft before I break the axle housing.

I was mainly concerned with breaking The front U-joints when crawling and turning the wheels, as well as that FAD. That FAD is a structural weak spot. That’s why the truss got put on.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Pickpocket... Before year end you will get a good taste of what you are looking for. Diesel on 60/80’s, Atlas 2-speed, 43’s, etc. parts have been ordered and we are patiently waiting for them. Stay tuned.
Does Atlas have a JL offering now? last I checked they did not, and were not close to having one.

Motoristx

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been hoping to see a 2lo shift plate, like the one Teraflex made for the JKs. It was very pleasant to have on the trail between obstacles.
Jeep Wrangler JL LET'S SEE YOUR 3.0 DRIVTRAIN MODS 1610226442789
Sponsored