First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Nice. Here we have our government stuffing electric cars down our throats. Everyone seems to forget that you still have to burn something to get electricity...
Burning something to generate electricity is presently the majority here in Michigan. It is also on the decline as there is growing investments in renewable resources. Our electric supply cooperative uses various sources including; wind, coal, solar, natural gas and pumped storage. 19% comes from renewables and 62% is carbon free.
I agree that they are supporting electric vehicles via rebates, but FAR less than they have supported ICE over the last 100 years. How many Americans soldiers have died in the Middle East in support of Big Oil? And...how many US civilians have died on our soil by terrorists pissed about our involvement in their region? [We are only involved in their region for one reason, and it's not about liberating Kuwait. :)]

We may not like electric vehicles but they have seen WAY less support than fossil fuel.
Good point @rickinAZ . An uncomfortable truth if ever there was one.

As an old duffer, I have rolled many miles by diesel fuel and enjoyed every mile of its efficiency. I worry that the long term reliability of the power plants will suffer from the new restrictions and simultaneously understand the concerns of our climate. I believe we can come to a balanced solution to whatever issues we encounter. As someone stated long ago, there is no I in team. We do not have vehicle inspections here in Michigan.
actually, the Greenest Weenies here love diesels; for non-petroleum fuels like (non-Soy) BioDiesel and Renewable Diesel.

unfortunately, those are not the ones in office that the Lobbyists are getting to.
I ran used vegetable oil for years in a 7.3 powerstroke. Sourced from my favorite coney joint and our fish fry Fridays. A bit messy at times but free made up for it.
Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
I agree that they are supporting electric vehicles via rebates, but FAR less than they have supported ICE over the last 100 years. How many Americans soldiers have died in the Middle East in support of Big Oil? And...how many US civilians have died on our soil by terrorists pissed about our involvement in their region? [We are only involved in their region for one reason, and it's not about liberating Kuwait. :)]

We may not like electric vehicles but they have seen WAY less support than fossil fuel.
Don't forget the huge government subsidies that go to the companies on top of the huge profit margin they have.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
@CJSCION ,
I dumped filtered motor oil, used peanut oil and rancid vegetable oil in my 2000 Dodge 5.9 Cummins. It ran smoother, and the exhaust smelled great, with vegi oils. I don't do that with the newer 2006 Cummins though. Higher pressures, and much more expensive injection system.

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
@CJSCION ,
I dumped filtered motor oil, used peanut oil and rancid vegetable oil in my 2000 Dodge 5.9 Cummins. It ran smoother, and the exhaust smelled great, with vegi oils. I don't do that with the newer 2006 Cummins though. Higher pressures, and much more expensive injection system.
funny you wrote this, not sure if anyone recalls, back in 2008, Obumer times, had a 84 mbz turbo diesel, and i used to go to restaurants and get their used burned oil in the back of the alley and filter it and use it, had a sticker on the back " powered by french frys" and yes the whole neighborhood smelled like frys lol , but i didn't spend a dime for over a year on diesel, until they caught up to it and put a lock on all oil dumps .... good times

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
funny you wrote this, not sure if anyone recalls, back in 2008, Obumer times, had a 84 mbz turbo diesel, and i used to go to restaurants and get their used burned oil in the back of the alley and filter it and use it, had a sticker on the back " powered by french frys" and yes the whole neighborhood smelled like frys lol , but i didn't spend a dime for over a year on diesel, until they caught up to it and put a lock on all oil dumps .... good times
Yep, you could do that with older diesels. Not the newer injection systems.
Sponsored