3.0 MODS - Show em off

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Here's mine. AEV spacer kit for now until something better is available. I'll probably order the LOD Destroyer full bumper too, just didn't know if it would fit on a diesel. I'll let someone else verify that before ordering.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg
Who makes that front bumper?
Sponsored

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
What AEV spacer kit did you use? No rubbing?
It's just the 2" spacer lift that comes with the shock extensions and sway bar links. No rubbing yet, but I haven't flexed it yet either.

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
Who makes that front bumper?
It's a LOD. The main reason I bought it is because it's the only one I've found that endorses using it for flat-towing behind RV's. They make tow bar adaptors (I have a Blue Ox bar) and frame tie-in brackets that allow for connecting the safety cables.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Alright folks...the first trailer ride is done and the 3.0 is tucked away in the shop for wash, clay and ppf. Ecodiesel sticker is gone and I learned the hard way that this type of trailer requires you to exit via the window or the rear swing gate :CWL:...I tried both.

6EDE2E0C-BB4A-4827-9F1A-202A45CDF65B.jpeg

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
It's a LOD. The main reason I bought it is because it's the only one I've found that endorses using it for flat-towing behind RV's. They make tow bar adaptors (I have a Blue Ox bar) and frame tie-in brackets that allow for connecting the safety cables.
I was looking at the LOD rear bumper and tire carrier but I liked the poison spyder front bumper too. I can't decide if it would be weird to mix and match bumpers. My first thought was that if the finish is the same (smooth powdercoat) then it wouldn't matter, but idk.

Sponsored

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I put a Terra Flex 2.5 inch lift kit with Falcon 3.3 shocks but the the right front shock would not fit. The piggyback hit the battery box. I’m going to put the 2.1 mono shocks. I’ll post picks when shocks are installed.

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
Finished up with the 2.5 Terra Flex lift. Well almost. Originally I ordered it with 3.3 Falcon SP shocks and the right front shock piggyback hit the battery box so I have the 2.1 coming. Everything went well but because the diesel is heavier I had to add an inch spacer to the front. The back was spot on. The front only raised it an 1 1/2 with spacer it a tad over 2/12. Also had to use the stock bump stop on front on bottom.

9B96A5FA-52A4-411B-8AA3-A2A8F0D7F87A.jpeg

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A word to the wise...I went to take off some skid plates today while the ppf is still being applied so I could bring them home and get the cerakote job started. Turns out the skid plate for the fuel tank is the only thing holding it on the vehicle. I saw no easy way to unhook the tank so that plate will be sprayed in place. If anyone damages that plate and has to replace it, have fun!

Last edited:

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
The fuel tanks were like that on all my CJs, TJs, and the LJ. It was probably the same for the JK. It is not overly fun if you have to replace a fuel pump, especially if you gave a full tank.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fuel tanks were like that on all my CJs, TJs, and the LJ. It was probably the same for the JK. It is not overly fun if you have to replace a fuel pump, especially if you gave a full tank.
Yea the plate alone has some serious heft to it now because it’s protecting two tanks...I’ve got maybe 2 gallons of diesel onboard and would probably have to lower that assembly with a floor jack if it were full.

Last edited:

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I have been looking for a good way to document and track my Mods to my rig. I found this site:

www.revkit.com

Just started to play with it. Don't know much about it and thought I would share.

https://revkit.com/ 2020-eco-diesel-wrangler-jlur
I have been messing with it the last couple of weeks as well. Seems cool. I like seeing other builds on there gives good ideas

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone had experience with the Rugged Ridge Spartacas HD Tire Carrier Kit? I need to get one and dont want to pay mopars asking price. Also Thinking about metalcloaks version
Sponsored