Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I use the center console to connect Apple CarPlay every day. If yours doesn't work consistently it is likely a loose USB connection. I would make your dealer take it all apart and check every connection.
Advertisement

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I use the center console to connect Apple CarPlay every day. If yours doesn't work consistently it is likely a loose USB connection. I would make your dealer take it all apart and check every connection.
That is pretty much what I did "take it all apart and check every connection.", albeit in my driveway rather than taking it to the dealer.
Taking the HVAC controls out was the scariest part, the center console was easy :)
Keeping my fingers crossed that it's fixed :fingerscrossed:, to date the results have been good.

Center Console removal: Steps here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-non-rubicon-cupholder.9882/page-2

Pulling Dash apart/AC controls:
I didn't take any pics of it all part, I should have done :( I simply unplugged anything that looked USB , I marked up some the image from post #27 in this thread, and there are also white and black plugs on the back of the USB media port in the dash that I unplugged/reseated.
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 9.38.52 AM.png

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
And yesterday, once again it died on me!
We drove out for about two hours, no issues, that driving back down from the mountains, poof, no more Car Play from the Center Console USB port :(

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 2021 GMC Terrain
Vehicle Showcase
It happened to me a few times on my last little trip, but I unplugged it and plugged it back in and that fixed it for me.

CMTAZ

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy's
I keep a USB jump drive in the 2nd USB port with 2900 +- songs on it for listening. I have not had any problems with the 2nd port at all.
240 gig ssd in the console USB port, 9000 plus songs - no problems whatsoever.

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement