2nd USB in center console

Prozac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Anyone else had issues with their phones or CarPlay staying connected when using the USB port in the center console. It seems to drop after 15 minutes or so. Unplugging and re-plugging doesn't seem to work, but switching to the front USB in the "Media" port is rock solid. I just like the cabling and routing better when its in the 2nd one. Not sure how to approach troubleshooting or getting service to do anything about it.
Sponsored

MiamiBeachJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler High Altitude Edition
Anyone else had issues with their phones or CarPlay staying connected when using the USB port in the center console. It seems to drop after 15 minutes or so. Unplugging and re-plugging doesn't seem to work, but switching to the front USB in the "Media" port is rock solid. I just like the cabling and routing better when its in the 2nd one. Not sure how to approach troubleshooting or getting service to do anything about it.
I have the same issue in a brand new JLU. Did you ever get it resolved? I would love to know if Jeep was able to fix it. Seems like a problem that is getting some traction on the forum. Thanks in advance.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I have the same issue in a brand new JLU. Did you ever get it resolved? I would love to know if Jeep was able to fix it. Seems like a problem that is getting some traction on the forum. Thanks in advance.
My Android Auto drops after only a few seconds if I plug it into the armrest console USB. I was about to delete the app it was so bad. I haven't tried it from the dashboard USB. I'll give it a shot to see it if helps.

OP
OP
Prozac

Prozac

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I haven't brought it up with them yet, I have tried two different cables. The front port works without issue for me, so I have been using that one. After the 1st of the year when its time for my 1st oil change, I'll bring it up with support.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't brought it up with them yet, I have tried two different cables. The front port works without issue for me, so I have been using that one. After the 1st of the year when its time for my 1st oil change, I'll bring it up with support.
Hi,

New to JL, but had a JK and JKU.

I just got my new JLU (Sahara) and I too am seeing this issue. I have tried two different cables, both work great in the dash USB, but when using the center console, Car Play dies after 15-20 minutes.

Has anyone had this fixed, or is just the way that this USB port works?

Thanks in advance

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
Mine has dropped a few times on a long trip(500 miler) but for the most part it seems to work fine

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
I’ll have to try it. I keep an iPod plugged in and it connects flawlessly to the head unit.

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Mine has worked for me the few times I've used it on my 1.5 hour commute. It has never disconnected and I'm using a 3rd party cable I picked up in the checkout line at Lowe's.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I've had a few issues but a phone reboot seems to do the trick for me.

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I have been using the USB port in the center console for CarPlay since day one without any issues.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I was using Android Auto with my Samsung Note 8 connected to the center console without issues. Then upgraded to a Note 9 and the it stopped working
Now it only works with the USB port on the dash

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the same issue today. Got in my jeep after work and went to plug in my phone and it didnt do anything. Looks like mine is doing the same thing. Mine has 340 miles on it now and ive only had it a few weeks.

Waiting to hear what the fix is.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I keep a USB jump drive in the 2nd USB port with 2900 +- songs on it for listening. I have not had any problems with the 2nd port at all.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
No clue. I keep a USB chargeable LED flashlight plugged into it. So far, it stays charged.. ha ha!
Sponsored