Sponsored

2023 refresh?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Don't think we're getting one. Not sure we need one like the JK.
Sponsored

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I've had a positive experience with mine as well, which is why I was surprised to hear about the leaks. Given the lack of discussion here, perhaps it was just an isolated incident. Let's hope so!
Several threads about it. Do a search.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
There have been reports of leaks on other threads.
I’ve personally only read of one since 2019 and I believe they just tightened it. It’s gotta be infrequent and all the vehicles have the same types of susceptible connections.

Sponsored

shane340

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Why wait? The changes won’t be anything that will make you better or more capable on the trails compared to what is available currently from the factory and the aftermarket. If Jeep does refresh, the meaningful changes will come as options that add to the price, they’ll want to recoup their investments. There is nothing functional they could add that you can’t do now with aftermarket.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
e torque and new 4XE have same leaking coolant system
While I have nothing against hybrid/electric vehicles, I really don't understand the purpose of the eTorque Pentastar mild-hybrid system. The only consumer 'benefit' that I can see is the very minor performance boost for only the first 3/4 wheel spin. It honestly just doesn't seem worth the added complexity and eventual expense to repair or replace the large battery pack and its additional cooling system for such a negligible gain.

Go with an electric or full-hybrid setup, add forced induction or keep it NA, but imo eTorque just seems half-assed and something that will ultimately be far more trouble than it's worth.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara