2022 Models - Press Release Dates

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
As the magical June 7th order bank opening date is passing us - why did everyone think that today was the day? The May order guide dropped May 14 - wouldn’t it make sense that June order guide 21 or 22 be next week ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
As the magical June 7th order bank opening date is passing us - why did everyone think that today was the day? The May order guide dropped May 14 - wouldn’t it make sense that June order guide 21 or 22 be next week ?
The only reason is some dealers told people today. Other than that I think most people just thought it was conjecture.

JeepRx

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara
I was able to place an order with Gupton today. I worked with Renee and Daniel and they didn't say anything about the ordering being closed. Verified the build, paid my deposit, and they said they would provide me with a VIN in a few days to track the build.

szachaczd1

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Unlimited Sahara
I went the dealership I ordered a 21' 4dr Sport S yesterday (Lester Glenn in Toms River NJ) to discuss not taking my order when it arrives in the next week or two because I want to order a 22' instead and they told me they don't know when the 22's will become available yet. Again this in New Jersey but just wanted to throw this info out there.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I went the dealership I ordered a 21' 4dr Sport S yesterday (Lester Glenn in Toms River NJ) to discuss not taking my order when it arrives in the next week or two because I want to order a 22' instead and they told me they don't know when the 22's will become available yet. Again this in New Jersey but just wanted to throw this info out there.
I would at least like to see what June 2021 order guides.

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to my dealer last night. They don’t have any allocations to order yet for June.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I would at least like to see what June 2021 order guides.
Same here. I'm currently decided on a Granite Sahara Altitude, but if that new Tuscadero color is A) confirmed to be the deep blue from Chrysler's lineup and B) extended to be available on the JLU, then I'll probably switch to that.

I kinda half-way decided on a Hydro Blue Sahara over the weekend, but the Sahara vs Sahara Altitude is literally like, a $300 difference the way I've got them spec'd out. The Altitude has better wheels (IMO) and I like the rest of the black accents. But a color as loud as Hydro Blue (again, IMO) needs to be balanced out with the black hardtop - a body color would just be too much.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Daniel @ Gupton quoted me 8% below *invoice*. If you get a local dealership to match that, let me know. My Sahara builds out at $53K, Gupton quoted $47K and some change. Totally worth the trip up to Tennessee.
I ordered with him May 4 and picked my Jeep up June 5. They were the nicest people I've ever met, and it was the best vehicle buying experience in my entire life....and I've done a ton of car deals.

Are they matching trade in value? I found that not all markets are as inflated as DFW/Texas.
Used EVs did not increase in price like used ICE cars. I belive I read EVs went up about 4% and some ICE like Rams went up over 40%.
Yeah pickup trucks in general are selling for insane amounts of cash right now. I gave $39,900 for my Ram 1500 trade-in two winters ago. All of the local dealers, and Vroom, appraised my truck at $44,000 to $47,000. Daniel at Gupton fell right into that ballpark as well, so I traded the truck in to him since it was easier for me to just make the 190 mile drive there with the old truck and drive back the new truck.

Decided to say F’ it. Both dealerships I’m working say 22’s won’t open until September. Ordering an Ecodiesel hydro blue gladiator rubi.

image.jpg

Yep I am afraid of massive price increases for 2022 due to costs of materials going sky high. So I ordered my Hyrdo Blue Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel from Gupton at the beginning of May to try and get out ahead of the switch-over to 2022. I added a lot of options to my build and was able to still get it delivered to the dealership in under 4 weeks. I have zero regrets.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I decided to not wait and took delivery of the 21 2-door jlr (6spd) I ordered. No regrets, the things is spectacular! No issues with Uconnect yet, and the system is pretty responsive, so not sure how 'fast' some of you are expecting. Wait or don't, 'tomorrow' isn't promised to anyone.

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
Just called a local dealer to place an order for 4xe and was told they are no longer taking order for 4xe and advised me to wait a couple of weeks to get a 2022 order in.

Sponsored

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
I ordered with him May 4 and picked my Jeep up June 5. They were the nicest people I've ever met, and it was the best vehicle buying experience in my entire life....and I've done a ton of car deals.
Do you have an email for them???

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Just called a local dealer to place an order for 4xe and was told they are no longer taking order for 4xe and advised me to wait a couple of weeks to get a 2022 order in.
What dealer?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
See none of this makes sense. Way too much conflicting information.
What do you mean? I feel like end of the year is more like it. I've heard from 2 dealer's personally that said that.

I wish it wasn't true.
But I'm growing impatient.
Sponsored